Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:49:11 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what is worth mining still?  (Read 3085 times)
hopper28755 (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 08:52:26 PM

What is worth mining still? Is bitcoin still worth mining for if your just starting out? Any recommendations?
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 08:58:24 PM

I know a guy who just quit mining with a million dollars!

.... he started out with 10 million Cheesy

But seriously, it's tough, try looking in your local market for used antminers etc, at 50c/gigahash or so, they mayyyyy turn profitable, especially if you're in the northern hemisphere and can displace heating use for the next few months.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
cutesakura

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 09:54:29 PM

You may try to cloud hashprofit mining, you need only stay a deposit and you can get satosi when you sleep, this time using a cloud of mining you can get a return on investment within 4-5 months, so the rest of the existing contract, you still can benefit ...  Roll Eyes
karlb187

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Need To Contact Me? Go To My Site!

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 10:58:21 PM

it's worth it to get some cloud speed and forget about it for a year. (do not spend what you can't lose)

Now I found a game where you "mine bitcoin" and you earn real bitcoin in-game!  (link in my signature)  Wink

Bitcoin Faucet List Maker      Makes Your Bitcoin Commissions Explode!   (100% FREE)
   Paid to Post Bitcoin Forum      Earn Up To 3,000 Satoshi Per Post!  
 ▥ SKYPE: karl.moneyinpjs ▥ ▦ TWITTER: @karlmoneyinpjs
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:21:34 PM

it's worth it to get some cloud speed and forget about it for a year. (do not spend what you can't lose)

Now I found a game where you "mine bitcoin" and you earn real bitcoin in-game!  (link in my signature)  Wink

so much pretend mining, and no real mining lmao
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 02:33:42 AM

Mining is profitable only if you have tons of ASICs.
Otherwise you are wasting your power if you use a CPU to mine.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 03:05:23 AM

Mining BTC isn't profitable anymore (if you only use some GPUs and CPUs) because of the very high difficulty. Only companies that sell mining equipment profit from mining itself. I wouldn't suggest you to mine if you have poor hardware, but rather buy bitcoins and hold them until you profit from it.
dothebeats
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 03:11:02 AM

Oh yes, another tip I learned from a friend a few months back. If you have a good hardware in you, try waiting for a coin that you think would be a good bet for speculating. Try mining some until you reach a threshold and hold it off until it reach the markets. Then sell it for profit and try to rinse and repeat.

Low difficulty really helps you to mine those coins fast and you can earn many coins in less than a week. Just choose a coin that you think would be best to mine and try to keep some until it is released in the markets in exchange for btc.  Wink
Ryze

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 03:15:56 AM

i think its worth it, if you have a plan to make a huge farm. or just go do the same but buy cloud mining?

like cex.io or something.
dothebeats
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 03:54:15 AM

Hahaha I remember one time when I did that. You won't earn something from mining itself, but using those shares and selling them off for a profit is really a good strategy to earn some bitcoins. Smiley
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 06:24:16 PM

You can try mining altcoins.
If the altcoins is successful, you can earn a lot but most people mine altcoins to dump onto the market for btc.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
leesin

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

#feelthebern

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 10:30:32 PM

A lot of people hopped on the alt coin wagon, maybe you can find some luck there.

Since the difficulty is all time high with bitcoin. Just make sure the alt coin isnt a pump and dump.
Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 11:57:09 PM

Naw, make sure it IS a pump and dump and get out high on the pump side Cheesy

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
lucky88888

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

https://nxtforum.org/

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 12:03:14 AM

gold are worth mining at the moment.

Fuck Mt.Gox! Fuck Mintpal! Fuck Bter! FUCK kyc! Protect yourself use MGW! SUPERNET!
Recommended ASSET ->InstantDex : Lead Dev Jl777 (decentralized multi currency instant exchange)
Recommended ASSET -> Jinn : Lead Dev Come-from-Beyond (ternary processors!)
https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/(ann)-jinn/
xcapator

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

Here I Am !!

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 02:36:56 AM

Mining is profitable only if you have tons of ASICs.
Otherwise you are wasting your power if you use a CPU to mine.

yes but Asics will become worthless in a matter of a couple months, while GPU mining still hold decent value and there's always something for gpu mining

cryptworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 02:58:43 AM

mining today is only profitable for big players,if you are not,look for other way to earn bitcoins
kingscrown

Activity: 672

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 03:05:34 AM

Oh yes, another tip I learned from a friend a few months back. If you have a good hardware in you, try waiting for a coin that you think would be a good bet for speculating. Try mining some until you reach a threshold and hold it off until it reach the markets. Then sell it for profit and try to rinse and repeat.

Low difficulty really helps you to mine those coins fast and you can earn many coins in less than a week. Just choose a coin that you think would be best to mine and try to keep some until it is released in the markets in exchange for btc.  Wink

thats mainly how this is done ^^

kimosan

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 03:33:18 AM

Shh, you're not supposed to be sharing those kinds of answers.
HeroCat

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 09:57:36 PM

I think- there are a lot of mining companies, mining with own computer is not profitable  Grin
cryptworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 11:02:31 PM

you can get some profits from scrypt mining or x11 mining, but getting profit from bitcoin mining is only for the big whales
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: