Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 01:44:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is a blockchain.info wallet in Tor browser secure?  (Read 3777 times)
Minnlo

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 04:41:35 AM

Just use an offline wallet to keep your bitcoin safe. If you want to hide your IP, you can push your raw transactions on blockchain.info/pushtx with Tor.

Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4410
Merit: 3062

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 05:02:04 AM

Yes if you use .onion address the real site cant be spoofed by an exit node

It still risks the exit node being able to see traffic (including sensitive data).   Tor is just had enough exploits I would be afraid to use it for logging into something important.
No it doesn't. Hidden servers do not involve exit nodes at all, and all traffic to hidden servers is encrypted with that hidden server's public key, so no Tor nodes can see it. Please stop posting false information.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
BiTJack

Activity: 806

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 05:11:24 AM

Absolutely not i won't trust TOR with that kinda stuff. If you need it but a vpn it's better than using tor nodes.
LewiesMan

Activity: 384
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 12:25:14 PM

I think it can be (I wouldnt) trusted as blockchain.info has gotten an SSL cert for tor, the second .onion site after facebook!
Buziss

Activity: 896

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 09:44:08 AM

It should be safe to use the .onion to access your blockchain.info wallet, but if you are looking for ultimate security, it is better to use an offline wallet or Trezor.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 05:26:16 AM

Suppose I create an online wallet with https://blockchain.info/ in Tor browser and keep a small stash of BTC in there. It's an anonymous stash, right? So long as I only access via Tor browser, use change addresses and send BTC wisely.

But I've recently read about people running Tor exit nodes and maliciously sniffing the data through them, so I was wondering if this is a safe way of having an online wallet without anyone gaining access to my password/BTC.

Any thoughts?
i warn you to stay away from using Blockchain.info with Tor. my friend lost his hard earned bitcoins this way.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: