Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 08:32:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Circle.com? Anyone used a credit card with them? Cash advance or purchase?  (Read 4478 times)
KingOfSports (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Acc bought - used solely for signature testing

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 03:58:05 AM

Wondering if anyone has used Circle.com and if their credit card counts it as a cash advance or as a purchase. Please post your experiences. I have a bank of america business credit card / bank account I am looking to use with them.

Billbags

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 05:01:50 AM

This might not help, but when I use my Visa debit it shows a ATM withdrawal. It works instantly when I buy btc. The first time I sold btc it said it would take 3 days, but only took 3 hours to send to my bank. Note: even though it now goes instantly to my bank, my bank doesn't show the cash until the next morning(my bank does the same for my paychecks also).

Listen: meat beat manifesto ~ Edge of no control (pt.1)
Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html
KingOfSports (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Acc bought - used solely for signature testing

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 05:23:43 AM

This might not help, but when I use my Visa debit it shows a ATM withdrawal. It works instantly when I buy btc. The first time I sold btc it said it would take 3 days, but only took 3 hours to send to my bank. Note: even though it now goes instantly to my bank, my bank doesn't show the cash until the next morning(my bank does the same for my paychecks also).
What bank do you use?

Billbags

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 05:29:14 AM

Local credit union in the US. Circle is amazing.

Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html
Jamie_Boulder

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 06:17:52 AM

They seem to be reputable and trustworthy from what little research I've done but these days nothing internet related is safe.

Billbags

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 06:21:09 AM

I do agree. One good thing is your BTC/$ in your Circle account is insured 100%.

sobitcoin

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 06:51:51 AM

I do agree. One good thing is your BTC/$ in your Circle account is insured 100%.

No way! Didn't know this. I'm in Canada and they let me purchase but not withdraw yet.  Still use it all the time, love it. But glad to hear 100% issuarnce. This will be 100% crucial in the future of crypto financial services.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 07:21:02 AM

This is the best way to buy btc, period. They are super fast, well actually instant if you link a bank account. Yes, credit cards are cash advances. Just use a throw away bank account and link it to circle. Don't use that bank account for anything but circle.

sobitcoin

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 07:32:26 AM

This is the best way to buy btc, period. They are super fast, well actually instant if you link a bank account. Yes, credit cards are cash advances. Just use a throw away bank account and link it to circle. Don't use that bank account for anything but circle.

Fack ya. While i was reading that i was picturing a church and preachers and bunch of Bitcoin people singing
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 04:54:51 PM

i just checked my cc statement and there were no cash advance fees, seems to be purchase. other than the 2.7% something fee that was added as cc fee by circle.

That's good to know. Maybe they changed it to be a purchase. The first time I used a credit card I got the advance fee charged to my card.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 05:38:17 PM

i just checked my cc statement and there were no cash advance fees, seems to be purchase. other than the 2.7% something fee that was added as cc fee by circle.

That's good to know. Maybe they changed it to be a purchase. The first time I used a credit card I got the advance fee charged to my card.

i would not draw general conclusion from my local bank billing habits.

I hear you. I use Wells Fargo and they're fee crazy. The only reason I keep that account is because I have a couple of loans with them. I opened a Chase account to just use for btc purchase through Circle. I linked the account and Circle instantly gives me the coins now. I use btc to buy everything I can. I used to spend the coins I'm holding then replace them but it's so easy to buy with Circle I dont have to do that now. When I want something I just transfer money to Chase then buy btc and spend. I just bought a Lanzar amp from Overstock and the entire process of transfers to purchase took me about 20 min.

Keyser Soze

Activity: 470

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 06:52:19 PM

Wondering if anyone has used Circle.com and if their credit card counts it as a cash advance or as a purchase. Please post your experiences. I have a bank of america business credit card / bank account I am looking to use with them.
If you look through their support docs (you may have to be logged in) this question is addressed and they provide a merchant transaction code. You can then ask your bank how they would process a transaction using that code.
leblanc

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 08:18:21 PM

Cant you just invoice a friend on a paypal, then send it back to your account.

It might take 2 days to get, but theres no crazy absurd fee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: