Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:39:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain Two Factor Authentication reset declined  (Read 3955 times)
FlintyParsimony (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 07:24:29 AM

Hi

I recently went from a stock to a custom ROM on my Android phone, so had to do a factory reset.

Had Two Factor Authentication set up for Blockchain, thought I had backed up my QR code but to my horror realised I hadn't when I came to reinstall the Blockchain wallet app. Entirely my fault of course. But no worries, I thought, as I can do a 2FA reset request.

Which I did, but it was declined saying: "A request to remove two factor authentication on your wallet account has been declined. A reason was not specified. For more information please contact wallet@blockchain.info"

OK I thought, so I replied:
"My request to reset my Two Factor Authentication (via Google Authenticator) has been declined, as per the below. No reason was specified, so I am unsure what to do next.

I needed to Factory Reset my phone, but had forgotten to back up my QR code so I couldn't re-pair into Authenticator. Fortunately I do still have my original Confirmation Code and mnemonic backed up, if that is any use."

That was over two weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything back. How I can get a response from Blockchain? Or have I lost my money?

Any assistance you can provide would be much appreciated. Thanks.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 09:25:04 AM

-snip-
That was over two weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything back. How I can get a response from Blockchain?

Its blockchain.info and if their support sucks, contact their support. I know this sounds harsh, but you decided to open a wallet with a company. You basically have a bankaccount. What can we do about it?

Or have I lost my money?

I doubt it. Their service is not the best from to time, but AFAIK they have not lost anyones money.

Any assistance you can provide would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Contact [1] them again. Complain about it on twitter [2], if you have a reasonable amount of followers this will build up pressure.

[1] https://blockchain.info/support-desk
[2] https://twitter.com/blockchain

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
FlintyParsimony (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 10:04:57 AM

Thank you for the reply, harsh but fair.

Thanks for the tip about contacting via their support desk or, failing that, Twitter.
evansearle42

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 07:32:54 AM

If you have a backup of your wallet then you can simply create a new wallet and import the encrypted wallet into your new wallet assuming that your password(s) are the same.
FlintyParsimony (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 09:27:30 PM

I've sent another request to the support desk, so we'll see what happens over the next few days...
FlintyParsimony (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 07:46:03 PM

Great news, the second support ticket worked and I now have access to my wallet again Smiley

(Will be a while before I'm confident enough to turn 2FA on again though.)
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 09:12:11 AM

Great news, the second support ticket worked and I now have access to my wallet again Smiley

(Will be a while before I'm confident enough to turn 2FA on again though.)

2FA is a good thing, just make sure you have a backup, e.g. of the QR code.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
FlintyParsimony (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 05:53:34 PM

2FA is a good thing, just make sure you have a backup, e.g. of the QR code.
Yes, learned my lesson! QRs now backed up in LastPass and elswehere.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: