Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:15:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TheBitMint - Buy Bitcoins With PayPal  (Read 12342 times)
TheBitMan (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 09:06:07 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2012, 07:00:49 PM by TheBitMan

You can now buy full amounts of bitcoins on my site with PayPal!

http://bitmint.weebly.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ryangetzlaf

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 09:30:33 AM

Is this site legit?
Bitcoin-Dice

Activity: 17

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2012, 09:33:30 AM

bitcoins via paypal is never a good idea.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 10:40:18 AM

By using the site you agree that you will not lie about not receiving payments that have been made. You also agree you will not report any false claims against the site as long as the payment has been made. You also agree that you will not lie about sending the site a payment that we never received. You understand that your PayPal account may be at risk and you accept to the chances of your account getting possibly frozen and take full responsibility for your purchase. You also agree that even though we say you will get it in around 24 hours it may take longer than that. If you would like to contact the site with any problems or any questions click here.

Last edited April 18th, 2012

Adorable.

TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 10:55:08 AM

Is this site legit?
I have well over 100 successful transactions.
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 10:56:03 AM

By using the site you agree that you will not lie about not receiving payments that have been made. You also agree you will not report any false claims against the site as long as the payment has been made. You also agree that you will not lie about sending the site a payment that we never received. You understand that your PayPal account may be at risk and you accept to the chances of your account getting possibly frozen and take full responsibility for your purchase. You also agree that even though we say you will get it in around 24 hours it may take longer than that. If you would like to contact the site with any problems or any questions click here.

Adorable.
I know nothing about any legal stuff, it's adorable that you, a grown man comes on here to bash a teenager about his website.
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 11:17:48 AM

bitcoins via paypal is never a good idea.
FTFY, sir.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2012, 11:20:36 AM

Paypal should be killed with fire.

Hope they dont freeze your account or you get massive chargeback fraud happening.

Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 11:27:32 AM

TheBitMan, suppose someone wants to purchase 1000 BTC at your site, how much $ would that be?

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 11:50:51 AM

Adorable.
I know nothing about any legal stuff, it's adorable that you, a grown man comes on here to bash a teenager about his website.

I wasn't commenting on your website, I was commenting on your naivety, which is quite adorable I'm sure everyone would agree.

pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 11:56:28 AM

Woow, only $9.25 for 1.00 BTC !
qwsxc

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 02:14:13 PM

could someone explain to me why buying BTC through paypal is not a good idea?
is ebay any better?
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 02:23:38 PM

Buying bitcoin through any medium of exchange that can be reversed LIKE PAYPAL is a very, very bad idea. Bitcoin cannot be proven to have been transferred, PayPal, eBay and similar services don't accept the blockchain data as proof and you will get burned.

If you sell for PayPal, you will get burned. If you buy with PayPal, you will get burned. Just don't do it.

And OP- if you are going to try to use your youth as an shield from criticism, you better make damn sure that you can legally enter into the contracts that you are offering.
Hexadecibel
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

Activity: 571
Merit: 504

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 02:24:14 PM

is ebay any better?

gah!!!!!

its sooo easy to get bitcoins, don't even bother with paypal.

Go make an account at www.mtgox.com

go to funding options

select "cash deposit via Bitinstant" from the pull down menu

print out the transaction slip it gives you and bring it to your bank.

Your account will be credited within the hour.

vlad1m1r

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 02:53:35 PM

is ebay any better?

gah!!!!!

go to funding options

It is easy if you live in the US - for people in the UK & Europe there are very few ways to buy Bitcoins with cash.

I should lay my cards on the table and say I sell Bitcoins for cash to people over here in the UK but it doesn't make it any less true to say that the only ways to obtain Bitcoin safely are buying them for cash or selling products/services in exchange for them.

Any other methods are potentially traceable. I work in a bank and can tell you for nothing that the exact time of each transaction, even a cash deposit is recorded, therefore your face will be visible on security cameras!

I don't want to sound overly paranoid. You can hugely increase your anonymity by using services like Bitinstant in the US and also running your BTC through a coin mixer.

V.
qwsxc

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 03:52:46 PM

is ebay any better?

gah!!!!!

go to funding options

It is easy if you live in the US - for people in the UK & Europe there are very few ways to buy Bitcoins with cash.

I should lay my cards on the table and say I sell Bitcoins for cash to people over here in the UK but it doesn't make it any less true to say that the only ways to obtain Bitcoin safely are buying them for cash or selling products/services in exchange for them.

Any other methods are potentially traceable. I work in a bank and can tell you for nothing that the exact time of each transaction, even a cash deposit is recorded, therefore your face will be visible on security cameras!

I don't want to sound overly paranoid. You can hugely increase your anonymity by using services like Bitinstant in the US and also running your BTC through a coin mixer.

V.

would you sell to other countries?
ryangetzlaf

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 05:12:32 PM

is ebay any better?

gah!!!!!

go to funding options

V.

I'm an expat in Spain. How can I use my US bank accounts to get bitcoins here?
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 06:47:57 PM

overturning a gift on PayPal is extremely hard.. which is why I took away a lot of the minibits because I got a chargeback but only once out of hundreds of transactions
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 08:51:13 PM

overturning a gift on PayPal is extremely hard.. which is why I took away a lot of the minibits because I got a chargeback but only once out of hundreds of transactions

If you are asking for payment as a "gift" then you are asking to be labelled as a scammer, because you are attempting to prevent the people buying from you having the right to challenge the transaction if you don't deliver. And you have a very strong chance of having your account, and theirs, locked for abuse by trying to get around fees and protections.

Buying and selling btc for PayPal is just plain dumb. Doing so under the fake label of gift is beyond stupid.
mash

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 12:58:27 PM

Adorable.

I wasn't commenting on your website, I was commenting on your naivety, which is quite adorable I'm sure everyone would agree.

I like his spirit!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: