Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:05:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TheBitMint - Buy Bitcoins With PayPal  (Read 12345 times)
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 01:05:58 PM

It is easy if you live in the US - for people in the UK & Europe there are very few ways to buy Bitcoins with cash.

true.

I got a couple deals via tradebitcoin.com in the past.

the site isn't being maintained too heavily, but it works. anyone know of a working alternative?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheBitMan (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 04:52:33 PM

overturning a gift on PayPal is extremely hard.. which is why I took away a lot of the minibits because I got a chargeback but only once out of hundreds of transactions

If you are asking for payment as a "gift" then you are asking to be labelled as a scammer, because you are attempting to prevent the people buying from you having the right to challenge the transaction if you don't deliver. And you have a very strong chance of having your account, and theirs, locked for abuse by trying to get around fees and protections.

Buying and selling btc for PayPal is just plain dumb. Doing so under the fake label of gift is beyond stupid.
How am I a scammer? I have run this site in the past and recently reopened it with hundreds of successful transactions.
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 05:11:54 PM

Please note, I did not say you ARE a scammer, I said you were asking to be labelled as such. Selling your customers a product or service and asking them to pay you as a "gift" so that you can circumvent the PayPal fees is dishonest, and it removes the protection that your buyers have through PayPal. I also opens you up to serious action by PayPal against your account. If you are not of legal age to be using the site commercially, then you are way over the limit for violations of the TOS.

Bitcoins and PayPal are not a good combination, too many people end up getting ripped off on both sides of the equation.
vlad1m1r

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 05:43:50 PM

It is easy if you live in the US - for people in the UK & Europe there are very few ways to buy Bitcoins with cash.

true.

I got a couple deals via tradebitcoin.com in the past.

the site isn't being maintained too heavily, but it works. anyone know of a working alternative?

Yes it's a knotty problem obtaining them safely.

I have established a reputation as a trader selling Bitcoins for cash in the mail on the Silk Road forums (http://dkn255hz262ypmii.onion/index.php?topic=22148.0) for those people have the Tor Browser.

Of course your other options are to purchase them via bank wire transfer through Intersango or MtGox, neither are particularly safe options as they're not anonymous but if anyone would rather trust them then at the very least I'd recommend running your coins through a mixing service like Bitcoinfog.

V.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 05:44:18 PM

Bitcoins and PayPal are not a good combination, too many people end up getting ripped off on both sides of the equation.

out of curiosity: how did buyers get burned?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 05:47:00 PM

Of course your other options are to purchase them via bank wire transfer through Intersango or MtGox, neither are particularly safe options as they're not anonymous but if anyone would rather trust them then at the very least I'd recommend running your coins through a mixing service like Bitcoinfog.

hrm. If you buy through an exchange, the exchange knows your identity and has books on how much you bought, which they will surrender to officials if correct legal documents are provided.

If you need undercover coins, buy them cash or mine them.

I like the idea of local cash-traders you can meet in person. It works without cooperation of banks/visa/paypal/...

vlad1m1r

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 06:03:03 PM

hrm. If you buy through an exchange, the exchange knows your identity and has books on how much you bought, which they will surrender to officials if correct legal documents are provided.

I like the idea of local cash-traders you can meet in person. It works without cooperation of banks/visa/paypal/...

Hello again Molecular!

Yes it's a great idea. I sometimes wish I lived in an urban area like London so I could trade Bitcoins for cash in person but it's mail order only at the moment - sometimes you can find online classifieds offering BTC for sale. I think you'd have to have some ground rules to make sure you can do it safely - probably the best thing they could do is e-mail you a wallet file in encrypted format and then meet with you somewhere with a Wifi zone where you could hand over the cash in exchange for the password.

Another alternative would be to save the coins to a paper wallet but this isn't very safe for the seller as they could get knocked on the head.

To answer your question viz. Paypal, the company are very jealous about people who trade in other currencies and usually forbid it. Also facetious buyers sometimes claim they didn't receive their BTC when they actually did. I would also be worried about people using stolen credit card information to buy the BTC and the money being clawed back a few months down the line when the bank catches on.

V.

molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 09:50:54 PM

Hello again Molecular!

Yes it's a great idea. I sometimes wish I lived in an urban area like London so I could trade Bitcoins for cash in person but it's mail order only at the moment - sometimes you can find online classifieds offering BTC for sale. I think you'd have to have some ground rules to make sure you can do it safely - probably the best thing they could do is e-mail you a wallet file in encrypted format and then meet with you somewhere with a Wifi zone where you could hand over the cash in exchange for the password.

Another alternative would be to save the coins to a paper wallet but this isn't very safe for the seller as they could get knocked on the head.

To answer your question viz. Paypal, the company are very jealous about people who trade in other currencies and usually forbid it. Also facetious buyers sometimes claim they didn't receive their BTC when they actually did. I would also be worried about people using stolen credit card information to buy the BTC and the money being clawed back a few months down the line when the bank catches on.

V.

thanks vlad1m1r for your info regarding paypal.

about the cash/btc exchange... I've done a few in public places (chance of getting hit over the head: slim)

Why so complicated, just do the exchange on the spot, there's never been a problem: First I make sure the person has a valid address and is able to confirm reception of bitcoin. I insist they bring a device to be able to do that. Sometimes I send a token amount just to make sure. Then we look up exchange rate and calculate the specifics of the deal. I then ask for cash on the table (sneak under the laptop in case of a larger purchase. That looks kinda like a drug-deal to some, I know, but doesn't bother me, since I don't carry any illegal substances). Wont take the cash just yet. Then wait for confirmations and chitchat about Bernanke, silgroad or the new world order (depending on type of buyer). Once the recipient is satisfied (usually after 1 or 2 confirmations), take the cash, shake hands, thank for business and part.

Giving the guy a password, well... that wouldn't satisfy him, would it? Could be fake.

TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 03:16:24 AM

I "donated" once and it took hours to fulfill it. I emailed asking about the delay, and was told usually it would be processed within six and it might take up to 24 hours.

So after my first order was delivered. I made another 8 orders (was planning to make more) but was just told I NEED to have a trade history here. If I had a trade history here I wouldn't be using an overpriced service... Now I'm out 8*17 USD and bitmint.weebly.com or TheBitMan is refusing to send me the bitcoins I donated for. Beware.
Before posting this you have to give me some time to respond to the email... I have hundreds of transactions and no problem like this before. You were rude to begin with and I just got scammed recently so I was asking for some more info. There was a limit of ONE order per day and you bought 8. You obviously weren't paying attention. I will refund all your payments now. No coins for you.
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 03:19:30 AM

I "donated" once and it took hours to fulfill it. I emailed asking about the delay, and was told usually it would be processed within six and it might take up to 24 hours.

So after my first order was delivered. I made another 8 orders (was planning to make more) but was just told I NEED to have a trade history here. If I had a trade history here I wouldn't be using an overpriced service... Now I'm out 8*17 USD and bitmint.weebly.com or TheBitMan is refusing to send me the bitcoins I donated for. Beware.
You also said that you were going to open a "scam report" on one of the other orders, I don't know what part of manual transactions you don't understand the site says give it AROUND 24 hours for the coins to arrive and 24 hours hadn't even passed when you emailed me.
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 03:34:47 AM

For slandering my sites name and giving me hell trying to figure all this out I give user "Rocco" a lifetime ban from my site, your refunded btw all $136.00. Don't be so quick to judge people, give things time. All you had to do was look around the forum and see I am an honest person.
28storm

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 03:37:14 AM

Will paypal ban me from using this service?
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 03:39:19 AM

Will paypal ban me from using this service?
No one so far has told me that there's got banned. But there is a risk.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2012, 08:27:45 AM

You can now buy full amounts of bitcoins on my site with PayPal!

http://bitmint.weebly.com/

I almost quick reading this thread after reading this post, but opted to read further. Lucky you, for when I got to Matthew's post, Google Fu kicked it during the first sentence of his quoted text. You ain't going believe what I found. http://minibits.weebly.com/user-agreement.html

Needless to say, it was at that juncture when I quick reading this thread. I just realized that some people are not even capable of doing a variant of the same theme: Bitcoin<-->PayPal<-->Bitcoin.

You are a seasoned Bitcoiner, TheBitMan, joining this forum five days before me, therefore should know better.

I also have another concern. Anybody missing a sock?

I will now pay 5.80 per coin need it urgently

Super fast response.  Thank you. +1 to TheBitMan.

I used to laugh and shrug off all the times I've read posts by naysayers claiming that this place was/is full of thieves (not everyone). Unfortunately now, I'm seeing it more and more myself. I feel like I'm at Lake Lerna, and playing the part Hercules, trying to cut off the heads of Hydra faster than they can grow back. Luckily, the sun will come up tomorrow where, I once again, I will be the man from La Mancha.

~Bruno~
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 02:02:10 PM

Before posting this you have to give me some time to respond to the email... I have hundreds of transactions and no problem like this before. You were rude to begin with and I just got scammed recently so I was asking for some more info. There was a limit of ONE order per day and you bought 8. You obviously weren't paying attention. I will refund all your payments now. No coins for you.

Well there was no limit of one order per day when I made my first order. It was added recently along with the option to purchae 3 bitcoins. Previously the max was 2 bitcoins. So don't say that I didn't pay attention when the site didn't reflect that when I first purchased.

I made the subsequent orders after you seemed legit and fulfilled the first order. I'll take my business elsewhere. Found some gigs on fiverr so if you do not want my business I shall look for alternative sources.

At one time I had a One purchase per day in red at the top. I took that down and put up what I have now along with the 3 btc. But what ever it's over with.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 02:34:08 PM

Rocco, only 1 thing matters now: Is TheBitMan owing you any money?
ksteve96

Activity: 624
Merit: 125

alcedoplatform.com

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2012, 03:03:21 PM

OP, you have balls Smiley

As soon as the carders and PP account phishers find out about your service, you're pretty much done.  There is no "if"' you will be done within 48 hours after 20 or so fraudulent purchases are made in a matter of hours.   Maybe your high price is to compensate for reversals? 

The whole thing about reversing a gift being difficult is mostly a myth.  Most paypal accounts are backed by a CC or Debit card, so all one needs to do is initiate the reversal there and paypal will follow suit. 

Most of the people who really, really want this kind of service are noobs who are curious about BTC, and scammers who use it to launder money.

I appreciate anyone trying to start a small business for themselves, so good luck and be careful.

𝗔𝗟𝗖𝗘𝗗𝗢  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Making Cryptocurrencies Accessible For Everyone!         Made in
██████████████████████████████████████████       GERMANY
     𝗔𝗡𝗡     𝗪𝗵𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗽𝗮𝗽𝗲𝗿     𝗙𝗮𝗰𝗲𝗯𝗼𝗼𝗸     𝗧𝘄𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿     𝗠𝗲𝗱𝗶𝘂𝗺     𝗕𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁𝘆     𝗧𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗺              🇩🇪 🇩🇪 🇩🇪
smyl

Activity: 31

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 03:34:29 PM

I just sold bitman a few btc...

I'll report back in a few days w/ how it went...
RandomSeller

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 06:23:04 PM

Anyone who can vouch for this guy?
Looking to do my first bitcoin purchase, and paypal seems to be an easy option.
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 03:07:04 PM

I updated the selling feature. You can now enter the price you want instead of waiting for me to email you back. But whenever I made the text on top of the boxed a certain colors the text within the boxes become that color. I would like the top text to be white and the in box to be black. If anyone can tell me how to do this ill give you 0.10 BTC
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: