Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:22:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 13,500,000 coins passed - thoughts about the future  (Read 942 times)
o0o0 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 02:21:02 AM

Whilst out shopping for weekly groceries i was thinking over the fact we've hit 13,500,000 mined coins now and what this holds for the future. I started thinking but not in a negative way how important adoption was by date "x".

Lets propose for a minute that the miners with farms are using this purely as a money venture and that there is no care for bitcoin outside what they can mine and dump i.e. as long as cost of miners and power < profit from coin = win. At the same time the miners are important for our transactions to keep the network strong.

So i got thinking... is there a day x where adoption/market saturation should reach a certain point to ensure the future strong growth? This day x i'm assuming would be a point where minimal coins enter the market because of costs and reward per block. If mining becomes more unfeasible and people leave the game if we don't have the adoption and use in the market would it be in danger?

Would it be harder to foster a growing bitcoin market if less coins were entering the market for new adopters to acquire? I'm assuming coins at $2000 would be less attractive to the market as new people would compare it to fiat and feel more comfortable with that due to costings?

Just some ramblings related to coins left to required market adoption. Thoughts?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
segvec

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

The cheddar breed jealousy

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 02:24:21 AM

The denominations of bitcoin definitively need to be adjusted as they are rather confusing.
To say the least, simplification is of prime importance in present day.

▓▓▓▓   New Real-time Cryptocurrency Exchange            → CREATE  ACCOUNT ▓▓▓▓
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  BIT-X.com  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▓▓▓▓   Supported Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP → OFFICIAL THREAD ▓▓▓▓
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: