Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:55:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What items/services would you pay for or have you paid for with Bitcoin?  (Read 813 times)
l0ft (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 11:41:27 PM

Just a quick thread hoping to give merchants/vendors out there a little idea of what's in demand.

I would purchase vouchers for travel if they were a little cheaper than non Bitcoin stores.

What would you like seen offered as a product/service here?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fuxianhui888

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 12:08:03 AM

graphics card,computer parts
Hexadecibel
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

Activity: 571
Merit: 504

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 02:50:20 AM

I'm currently trying to sell my old rail road ties on craigs list. The stipulation being that I have to be paid in bitcoin.

Lots of people want them, but they have no idea what bitcoin is. I point them to www.bitcoin.org. I figure sooner or later I'll get them sold.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 02:52:53 AM

So many things.  Basicly anything that you can normally get online, and many things that you cannot, I have bought with bitcoin.  I've even bought rock'n'roll; but no sex, drugs or guns; though. 

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 02:53:41 AM

I'm currently trying to sell my old rail road ties on craigs list. The stipulation being that I have to be paid in bitcoin.

Lots of people want them, but they have no idea what bitcoin is. I point them to www.bitcoin.org. I figure sooner or later I'll get them sold.

I'm curious.  What does one use old railroad ties for?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

Hexadecibel
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 03:28:07 AM

For Rail Roads duh

no i kid

People like to use them for gardening and landscaping projects. The house I bought recently had 16 or so lining the drain field, which made it an ENORMOUS pain to mow.
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 05:47:11 AM

For Rail Roads duh

no i kid

People like to use them for gardening and landscaping projects. The house I bought recently had 16 or so lining the drain field, which made it an ENORMOUS pain to mow.

REally?  How old are these ties?  Because I'm pretty sure that railroad ties have used toxic chemicals to prevent bugs from eating the support out from under the rails for over 100 years, and at no point would I have wanted such things anywhere near my vegetable garden.

Hexadecibel
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 06:17:47 AM

For Rail Roads duh

no i kid

REally?  How old are these ties?  Because I'm pretty sure that railroad ties have used toxic chemicals to prevent bugs from eating the support out from under the rails for over 100 years, and at no point would I have wanted such things anywhere near my vegetable garden.

I know! Thats one reason why I wanted to move them in the first place. but heck, people still want them  Roll Eyes
Gladamas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 06:38:59 AM

I would purchase goods and services on Craigslist/OTC. I just wish more people knew about Bitcoin.

1GLADMZ5tL4HkS6BAWPfJLeZJCDHAd9Fr3 - LQ6Zx8v7fHVBiDX5Lmhbp6oEDB7dUFjANu
GPG 0xF219D5BB3C467E12 - Litecoin Forum
qwsxc

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 02:16:35 PM

Is there any interest in a BTC bank?
BTC would be donated to a central account, this would then be loaned out in large amounts for interest.
The interest would be split, 50/50 or close to it.
I understand a lot of trust is involved, so what sort of things should i do to increase trust for me?
vlad1m1r

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 03:02:09 PM

BTC would be donated to a central account, this would then be loaned out in large amounts for interest.
I understand a lot of trust is involved, so what sort of things should i do to increase trust for me?

Hi buddy,

I actually work in a bank (Hedge Funds these days) and I have often thought the same thing, however I think there are several moral and practical issues you'd have to overcome.

Bitcoin is designed to be decentralised and unregulated - so I think your first issue would be to set up a virtual bank where you could move funds between accounts easily and identify each user.

Also the lack of regulation begs the question what you would do when someone failed to repay their loans. I don't know how it works in normal life but on Silk Road a user usually posts a thread in the forums asking for a loan, stating how much they need and when they need it paid back - usually it's for a small amount as they need to round up an order to X number of Bitcoins.

Obviously it helps if you have been on there a while and are more trustworthy - we had a "Hero Member" asking for 0.5 BTC the other day for instance and he quickly received the funds he needed.

Why not build trust by starting up a bank in your own right? Perhaps you could start with "micro credit" loaning out small sums to people and then gradually increase the sums as they proved themselves to you?

All the best,

V.
qwsxc

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 03:56:13 PM

Hi buddy,

I actually work in a bank (Hedge Funds these days) and I have often thought the same thing, however I think there are several moral and practical issues you'd have to overcome.

Bitcoin is designed to be decentralised and unregulated - so I think your first issue would be to set up a virtual bank where you could move funds between accounts easily and identify each user.

Also the lack of regulation begs the question what you would do when someone failed to repay their loans. I don't know how it works in normal life but on Silk Road a user usually posts a thread in the forums asking for a loan, stating how much they need and when they need it paid back - usually it's for a small amount as they need to round up an order to X number of Bitcoins.

Obviously it helps if you have been on there a while and are more trustworthy - we had a "Hero Member" asking for 0.5 BTC the other day for instance and he quickly received the funds he needed.

Why not build trust by starting up a bank in your own right? Perhaps you could start with "micro credit" loaning out small sums to people and then gradually increase the sums as they proved themselves to you?

All the best,

V.

at the moment i only have quite small amounts of BTC, holding for others would be a way to offer larger loans quickly.
The issue with BTC being decentralised is obviously a major problem though.
Thanks for your help Smiley
fishface

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2012, 04:20:38 PM

I bought, VPS, VPNs, and cam4btc girls I guess your kinda renting them  Roll Eyes

I would tip camgirls with bitcoin... I'm a MFC member and if there was a decent selection I'd definitely check out a bitcoin based cam service  Grin

The decentralized nature of bitcoin is appealing to me; I would pay for all sorts of items/services with bitcoin and I hope it becomes more prevalent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: