Bitcoin Forum
July 13, 2024, 04:30:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happened to true anonymity?  (Read 3076 times)
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:21:58 PM

Overall, Monero relies on external things such as the setting up of mining nodes. Do you feel smart now?

Mining pools are being run and miners are mining because it's profitable. Likewise, masternodes are being run because it's profitable.

To set up a mining node requires 0 coins. Setting up a masternode requires coins. What a lame comparison. Yeah, you feel really smart.

The cost of a (profitable) miner is (depending on a coin) about the same as the cost of a masternode. Sometimes way more. Sometimes slightly less. And if you live in a country where electricity is not cheap, you might not be able to mine any coin without taking a loss. So tell me again, how is running a miner different from running a masternode from the incentive perspective? Both are needed, and both are being run only if there is incentive.
anilffff

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:11:17 PM

Monero has been around a while and has been pretty good. It has had some great tech, but time has not been great to it. What has advanced the tech recently is Deeponion. The TOR network and Deepvault are revolutionary. It gives anyone true anonymous transactions. What is amazing as well has been the community. It has just as strong of a community as Monero and other top 10 coins, but has a very low market cap still. I really do hope others see how revolutionary the Deeponion tech is and get in on now, especially with the great air drop oppertunities. I you guys need more info go to https://deeponion.org/community/.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: