Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:50:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just came across swissbit - super secure microSD card to store your keys AND....  (Read 2704 times)
Conqueror (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 03:25:34 PM

I almost missed this great company. At the first look simple memory producer, at the second look there was much more. Swissbit cards offers high security and even eliptic curve encryption.

Hubertus was so glad that he presented this technology on short video I made with him.
Considering he had like 30 seconds to prepare he did a really amazing presentation.

I strongly recommend you to watch the whole video to fully understand the potential of swissbit cards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bMK5i91jrU

Original post> https://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php?/topic/8078-2-meet-hubertus-grobbel-from-swissbit-the-best-sd-cards-on-planet-for-storing-private-keys/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 04:43:16 PM

I almost missed this great company. At the first look simple memory producer, at the second look there was much more. Swissbit cards offers high security and even eliptic curve encryption.

Hubertus was so glad that he presented this technology on short video I made with him.
Considering he had like 30 seconds to prepare he did a really amazing presentation.

I strongly recommend you to watch the whole video to fully understand the potential of swissbit cards.

Original post> https://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php?/topic/8078-2-meet-hubertus-grobbel-from-swissbit-the-best-sd-cards-on-planet-for-storing-private-keys/

Since recently it has been revealed that USB thumbdrive and SD have inherent security flaws that cannot be fixed, isn't all that you have alleged to be true, false?
Conqueror (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 04:51:48 PM

Since recently it has been revealed that USB thumbdrive and SD have inherent security flaws that cannot be fixed, isn't all that you have alleged to be true, false?
Man, this is not an ordinary SD.
Think about it as microSD card + lot of special circuits added = SMART microSD enabling not only safe data storage but also safe data transfer across multiple platforms...
Conqueror (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 06:11:21 PM

Make sence now?

intron

Activity: 427
Merit: 251

- electronics design|embedded software|verilog -

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 06:27:07 PM

Looks great. Where can I buy one?
Conqueror (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 06:58:27 PM

Looks great. Where can I buy one?

You can't buy anywhere - swissbit, they do B2B so you can buy some from solution providers (theirs OEM partners).
We are thinking about something over at Feathercoin team member area, but I really can not leak a single word yet.
jdbtracker

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 07:01:16 PM

It looks like the Mint Chip technology is making it's way into the market... very interesting.

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
btchip

Activity: 623

CTO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 08:06:40 PM

if you want to play with those technologies today, you can probably get a card from Certgate (or any other vendor putting a JCOP virtual machine in SD cards - many companies do that) and use our open source bitcoin wallet applet

mrdavis

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 08:30:22 PM

it has been revealed that USB thumbdrive and SD have inherent security flaws that cannot be fixed

Man, this is not an ordinary SD.
Think about it as microSD card + lot of special circuits added

That's the potential security flaw.

Your block diagram is missing the backdoors the Chinese government had installed at the chinese foundry and the rootkit that in the Swissbit Security Interface binary installs that give the NSA full access to your device.

Those things aside, unless there is some external verification to perform it's functions aside from the software on the device controlling it, everything on the card is compromised if your device is compromised.
bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 05:56:26 AM

I came across it last week and I didn't find anything. I am not a tech guy, but I was having some suspicion about the security flaws. Now seeing some of the posts, I am sure of it.

Conqueror (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 07:59:55 AM

Ok,

I will ask Hubert directly to address those security flaw concerns.
I guess we all are wery curious what official answer will be  Wink

Stay tuned
Conqueror (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 08:25:05 AM

Just recieved:

Hi Miroslav,

let's discuss by phone tomorrow.
Yes, we can load an application you like on the cards and prefer to fuse the cards afterwards in production mode.
We could try the **********************, what do you think?

Btw. There is no chinese virus on the cards, as the guy in bt forum says. :-) The smart card is highly certified from Infineon and this is the only anchor of security...

If you have an idea how toset up a business relationship we can be quick.

We can switch to my job email *******************.

Best wishes
Hubertus

change some part of the text which should be considered confidencial between Feathercoin and swissbit now.
mrdavis

Activity: 74

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 03:00:39 PM

<quote>The smart card is highly certified from Infineon</quote>

And many products came highly certified by RSA who we found out was on the payroll of the NSA. What makes the employees of Infineon immune to bribes or secret government orders? He did only deny Chinese involvement. We can take silence on the NSA backdoor as confirmation.  Wink

It does seem like there are a great number of features you could add to the card that would make some aspects of security more convenient and certainty make something like key management easier. It's probably a good product to be paired with cryptocurrency, but it doesn't do much to protect you from the typical attack vector of a  compromised device, except maybe through obscurity.
mkendall82

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 03:05:25 PM

This looks pretty cool.
I'd buy one right away.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:01:48 PM

Make sence now?

Sure, just publicly release your code set and provide a means of verification that the full code set on the chip, including microcode firmware, matches the released code.

Make sense now?

You see, this is the essence of a third party attack.  Right now I can encrypt files and folders, put them on SD cards and move them around quite securely.  You'd suggest that I entrust that function of security to a third party, you.

Hello, man in the middle.
Conqueror (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:59:02 PM

This looks pretty cool.
I'd buy one right away.

Yes, me to Smiley
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 05:15:27 PM

Maybe ISIS will use this.  Shocked

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Conqueror (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 07:42:21 PM

I just recieved reply to negative comments from Hubert>

Hi Miroslav,

this type of mistrust I cannot say anything against, it will be endless.

How can you ever use anything like an airplane, mobile phones, PCs, drink water ...? But not too far away you find the whole bitcoin currency bases on crypto assumptions that require a much stronger trust than into a highly certified chip... don't forget.

That said, with the card you can make a single end point highly secure, this is it, no backdoors. It is a matter of trust in the end and the storage is secure, local, tangible, dual factor and finally removable.

Here is the certificates for HW and OS btw.:
https://www.bsi.bund.de/SharedDocs/Downloads/DE/BSI/Zertifizierung/Reporte07/0728a_pdf.pdf?__blob=publicationFile

https://www.commoncriteriaportal.org/files/epfiles/ANSSI-CC_2013-42fr.pdf

It is not possible to convince everybody, but to offer a much more secure companion  easy to handle in everyday life is not a good thing? Experts can of course reach their security target with some encrypted storage content in offline mode, for sure. A crypto currency however should grow by standard users, rarely by experts. Fostering paranoia frightens people, but - again back to the basic crypto assumptions of eCurrency - is it worth it? This card is a handy and highly secure vehicle to add security in everyday life with your eCurrency and to just let the community grow.

Cheers
Hubertus
btchip

Activity: 623

CTO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 11:02:25 PM

Enjoy private keys sweeping, BIP 32 and RFC 6979 on that platform  Grin

RepublicSpace

Activity: 145