Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:19:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining alternate cryptocoin while using the computer  (Read 1053 times)
Sweetrevenge (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 05:31:42 PM

What good alternate cryptocurrency would you recommend where you can mine while surfing the internet at the same time. First, I used litecoin, but with the introduction of ASIC devices it is no longer profitable to mine. Then, I downloaded Darkcoin but even when I set it at the lowest Intensity, I can't use my computer while the mining program is running. Any recommendations?
BanditryAndLoot

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 06:02:48 PM

What good alternate cryptocurrency would you recommend where you can mine while surfing the internet at the same time. First, I used litecoin, but with the introduction of ASIC devices it is no longer profitable to mine. Then, I downloaded Darkcoin but even when I set it at the lowest Intensity, I can't use my computer while the mining program is running. Any recommendations?

Primecoin, Gapcoin and Monero all run excellent for me while using the computer while mining. Even with 4/8 cores mining, along with 2 r9 290's on the same computer.

And it's only at the end of fall, that we discover it was naught but the wind that knew when one particular leaf was to fall from one particular tree, only to land in one distinct spot .. to be left for an eternity, and waste its time in a wait sublime. C0A2A1C4
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 06:30:07 PM

xmg

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
DrGrid

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 07:02:51 PM

Download and run BOINC, connect to one their scientific projects and Gridcoin will be you out for your scientific Research. The resource allocation of BOINC is highly cusomizable, so it will easily run alongside your normal  PC usage.

Bitrated user: DrGrid.
cameronpalte

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 10:38:07 PM

I would highly recommend using folding@home and mining Curecoin. It works on GPUs or CPUs and can also mine separately on ASICs (different payouts for different devices). It is simple to run - very easy to customize usage levels (CPU only, Graphics only, don't use while your using your computer etc.) and the work you do goes towards helping to find a cure for major diseases like Alzheimer's, Cancer etc.

Find out more: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757.0

Bitcoin Facuet List - Free http://bitcoinsfaucetslist.blogspot.com/
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 11:17:07 PM

I would highly recommend using folding@home and mining Curecoin. It works on GPUs or CPUs and can also mine separately on ASICs (different payouts for different devices). It is simple to run - very easy to customize usage levels (CPU only, Graphics only, don't use while your using your computer etc.) and the work you do goes towards helping to find a cure for major diseases like Alzheimer's, Cancer etc.
No it doesn't... This is fundamental research on protein.
So basically it is at best 15-25years before any chance of a practical application and even a lot longer before a cure to anything.
Not mentioning the way the research proceeds, examining any protein found in some particular case expecting there is a relationship
with a particular illness.
But clearly deserves an A+ for the publicity stunt

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: