Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:23:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-11-14] How Brawker and Purse are solving the Amazon Wishlist Scam  (Read 1945 times)
tenthirtyone (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 05:42:24 PM

Amazon admits to a known flaw in their Wish List system and externalizes the effects to the consumer. First hand account of Brawker dealing with this issue and scammer is included after the jump.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/how-avoid-amazon-wishlist-scam-on-brawker-purse-io-whos-at-fault/

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 11:56:16 PM

This is pretty well known, and consumer protection act wont help, Reason is simple, only the purchaser can view and cancel orders. You're not a purchaser hence not a customer of Amazon. The author is just a retard for not knowing this.

This is why, when you use Purse, DO NOT release the coins until you receive the items. Its the purchaser's burden to provide you proof of delivery.
Rampton

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:19:49 PM

I wasn't aware of this service but is it basically the same as purse.io or whatever it was? Regardless I think these are a great idea. They enable people to buy coins easily and others who have them get to spend them on items they need at a potential discount.

ealoe

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 08:48:06 PM

Brawker is nothing but a scam. They released my bitcoins to (Bitcoingenie) an alleged buyer of my offer, before I received the product, ie, inflicted the instructions that are given for them yourself, which tell you to release the bitcoins after being in accordance with the received product . Finally, the offer is $ 247.00 I came in contact with amazon.com to know the product and they informed me that the product would be delivered and the buyer would be refunded. I referred to this news Brawker, that after several unfortunate contacts with them, which has a nasty way of dialogue with its users, it is when dialogue. After that they (Brawker) said that once (Bitcoingenie) the supposed buyer of my offer was refunded my bitcoins would be reimbursed. After a while I received an email saying Brawker the buyer (Bitcoingenie) would no longer responding. But just visit his profile on the platform (Brawker) and see that it remains active. I contacted several times, I am tired of sending email and open tickets in Brawker.com, which have not had any response. They do not have the minimum capacity to compensate its users, it makes me come to the conclusion that they are just scammers!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: