Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:15:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: With Coin do i need to buy now?  (Read 3442 times)
First.Bitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 1156
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 10:08:55 PM

I would recommend researching AppleByte and instead of just saying it's good, here is why.

Below is a post from another thread celebrating AppleByte's six month anniversary (Nov 1). The coin is in the top 100 (#90) on coinmarketcap.com and #6 on CoinGecko in terms of community size. We have a real user community (90% have never used a crypto before). The Devs have been public, known by their real names and could be reached directly from day one. We just posted a six month report on our progress in another thread:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- Here is a copy of that post:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AppleByte is six months old today!
From the beginning we have said we are building for the longterm, and we are pleased with our progress to date.

To be successful longterm, a coin needs to meet the needs of three separate groups:

1. Real users - in our case, the community of artists (actors, filmakers, musicians, visual artists, etc) & art lovers worldwide
2. Miners - essential to supporting the network
3. Investors/Traders - because they are the ones who make the market - without them, who will the users & merchants sell the coins to

Our success to date is reflected in our price and growing industry recognition

We are one of the very few coins that has risen consistently in price this year (with normal volatility) and there have been no pumps & dumps.  

Recent industry recognition:

A nice twitter acknowledgement from a friend in NYC

GoCoin Chairman & Co-founder, Brock Pierce twitter acknowledgement

Update on longterm plan:

Real users

- our social media reach is now over 13,000 - 80% artists & art lovers, 20% crypto fans
 - they can mine, using the CPU on their laptops, and receive coins everyday, due to the bonus we pay CPU & GPU miners in the official pool
 - we promote AppleByte artists using our social media & forum, helping to build their careers
 - artist awards and scholarships given by the AppleByte Foundation
 - we provide places to spend AppleBytes (prepaid AppleByte VISA card, AMC Movie gift cards, Starbucks gift cards, restaurant gift cards, etc (subsidized by the AppleByte Foundation)

- in current development: A twitter tipping app & and a site to sell music for AppleBytes

Miners
 - to support the broadest spectrum of miners, we limit the maximum hash per user on the official pool to 25mhs, keeping it profitable for GPU users, while accepting some ASICS
 - we held back the release of the linux source, to keep out the large multipools

Investors/Traders
 - listed on Poloniex on launch day
 - added Bittrex, 10/31/14
 - no pump & dump (Devs were paid in Bitcoin) not ABY

The reality of longterm altcoin success is that all the members of Bitcointalk combined are not enough people to build a longterm user community. The real users are outside Bitcointalk. Without real users, altcoins are nothing but pump & dumps. Think about it, how many "technological breakthrough" coins have come and gone this year?

Longterm success comes from outside. For example, no matter what your opinion of Doge, they proved the users are elsewhere, and built a real community outside these forums. I applaud them for that. And with the GoCoin/Bitpay/Paypal deal, they are here to stay.

Thanks to all of you who supported AppleByte, and helped us build the foundation of success that we have today.
If you have not joined us, I invite you to do your own diligence and join us if you believe we are on the right track.

JM Cabaniss
AppleByte Founder
(You can reach me direct at: jmc<at>applebyte.me. My name & the names of our lead technical developers have been public from prelaunch

More AppleByte Details:
Announce Thread: Announce Thread
Facebook: AppleByteMe FB Page
Twitter: AppleByteMe Twitter

Founding Dev of ArtByte, the crypto supporting the arts, started in NYC - May 1, 2014 ArtByte.me
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 11:01:45 PM

applebyte bla bla bla... me me me me me me applebyte
When one thread is not enough... applebyte... because everything is about applebyte

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
First.Bitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 1156

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 01:32:35 AM

applebyte bla bla bla... me me me me me me applebyte
When one thread is not enough... applebyte... because everything is about applebyte

Hey, at least I give real reasons to buy it, not just "Buy ABY, to da moon!"

Founding Dev of ArtByte, the crypto supporting the arts, started in NYC - May 1, 2014 ArtByte.me
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 07:08:44 AM

Neoscoin (http://www.neoscoin.com)

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
cryptovagabond

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 08:49:32 AM

Both XMR and BBR.
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 08:56:25 AM

You don't NEED to buy any alt coin right now and certainly don't follow anyone's suggestions on this forum.

You NEED to study and do your due diligence and buy what is right for you.
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 11:36:47 AM

You don't NEED to buy any alt coin right now and certainly don't follow anyone's suggestions on this forum.

Did you just say, not to follow suggestions and then give one of your own!?. Tongue

I think many of the jaded, cynic types need to take a step back and look more outside the box. I read all sorts of mainstream news daily, all sorts!! It does not mean i take any one individual vendor 100% seriously. The trick is to take in as much information as you can so you are way better equipped to make informed decisions on topics you may have known little about beforehand. Cutting everything off because its "a forum" or its  "a trollbox" or "cnn" is folly and will keep you misinformed.

The governments have stripped us of enough tools to make informed decisions and some of you want to remove the ones that are left that you have at you disposal. I know what sounds worse to me.
I commend and encourage people to make threads like this, i see them as tools. Even your comment, 2dogs,  gives some balance.  Tongue Just my 0.2 SDC Smiley

My suggestions:
Bitcoin(primary).
Litecoin (backup primary).
ShadowCash (anon cash).

I'm long in this industry, i don't short shitcoins so i cannot responsibly suggest one of them.
EyesWideOpen

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:50:39 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2014, 01:05:24 PM by EyesWideOpen

Sanest response in a thread overflowing with honest-to-goodness 'recommendations'. Roll Eyes
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 01:03:23 PM

You should look out for coins which are falling, but the development and community is still active. Ones which are rising, you're probably late. NeosCoin is the one... Bitshares too.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 07:45:50 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2014, 09:23:11 PM by 2dogs

Sanest response in a thread overflowing with honest-to-goodness 'recommendations'. Roll Eyes

Thanks.

Maybe research for about 6 months, paper trade -  and then, read and study some more.
The crypto world runs very fast - always changing, and you must keep current.

It doesn't stop when you buy, you have to know when to sell, or double down or change to another crypto, etc.
Yes, it is work.

But then again, please don't listen to me or blindly trust opinions on the internet.

Good Luck in whatever you decide to do.
Advisor (OP)

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 08:50:09 PM

thank you all for the advice.
I will get BTC, UNO and XMG first. (program XMG is interesting)
Maybe it will raise!
Maybe i will buy some other coins later! So much choice!
Greetings
thomastaylor

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 09:39:36 PM

Hi,

Little new here and try to read a lot.
Maybe this is faster.With coin is hot at the moment?
With coin has a good future?

You seems to be new here.
Don't do the same mistakes I made when I started off.
Would be good for your money, when you read weeks over weeks about the coins before you invest in some.
First you can face some questions like what is POW, POS, POI and so on.
After clearing this you are able to group the coins.
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 09:49:12 PM

Bitcoin and Bitcoin; if you want to gamble do your research and pick one altcoin then sell it for a profit in BTC
thomastaylor

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 10:02:51 PM

Bitcoin and Bitcoin; if you want to gamble do your research and pick one altcoin then sell it for a profit in BTC

Too unilateral to me. You can minimize a possible loss by diversify your investment.
Dont go all in!  Wink
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 11:07:40 PM

lets be honest, asking that question on a thread here and following the answers, will probably get you broke  Grin

People will advise the coins they bought with the plan on dumping them as soon as they made xx%
bongger

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 11:16:11 PM

BUY BONGGER.. WWBGR!!!!!!!!!

www.bongger.com Donate to the Bongger Foundation - Bongger Address: An8VE9Eokvuo9zs6p5gpQTDkJCkY1tYdBu - Bitcoin Address: 3A5ayzzngf9a2HwiZvz33KxgSkFsaj8QJV - Litecoin Address: LTCv99XfamNtLPSM92QRcwbqvanuEZEtxt
gustav

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 05:36:15 AM

^

bahahaha
BootstrapCoinDev

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 04:33:21 PM

lets be honest, asking that question on a thread here and following the answers, will probably get you broke  Grin

People will advise the coins they bought with the plan on dumping them as soon as they made xx%
Tssssss. Don't let the classified information out.
RJX
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 05:06:33 PM

Buy TittieCoin!
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 08:23:42 PM

how much longer until OP edits and corrects the tittle .....
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: