Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:36:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This graph says you should get in now  (Read 4732 times)
EuroTrash (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:03:38 AM

(if you haven't done so already)

Red line = Est. on-chain daily USD transaction volume divided by 200000.

<=== INSERT SMART SIGNATURE HERE ===>
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zeurpiet

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:07:56 AM

Cool
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:08:52 AM

This graph doesn't say shit, sorry. Only that price roughly follows the volume
zeroday
Donator

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 02:06:39 AM

Sorry, out of fiat since $375 Smiley
Mieehayii

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 02:14:42 AM

lol, history is repeating

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
[[[ Whitepaper    Twitter     Facebook]]]
[[[  Telegram      Medium     Youtube ]]]
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:05:28 AM

Nice one, ET. I remember your method Smiley

Maybe link to the original discussion, so people understand the importance of the crossing , and the motivation of the constant you're using.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:17:51 AM

It crossed at the last wave-4 only to decline further.
I would love to see the original thread. It may make me rethink my position.

SmoothCurves

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:24:06 AM

(if you haven't done so already)

Red line = Est. on-chain daily USD transaction volume divided by 200000.

100k+ peak sometime in 2017. I could live with that.
TinaK

Activity: 1106
Merit: 527

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 07:53:26 AM

This is a statement taken out of the key
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 10:39:55 AM

I'll play Eurotrash's method's advocate for a moment Cheesy

Original thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568760

Re: Ryn's remark of false signals coming in at the "spikes"... that was a point of discussion in the thread above. We were discussing if some type of smoothing of the tx $volume line (red line) might help (aminorex suggested regression over a rolling time window), but on second view, I'm not so sure that's really the solution: the "spike" earlier this year was a bad signal, while a similar spike in 2011 quite accurately signaled the end of the 2011 bear market.

Ultimately, the method probably still needs refinement (I also remembering pointing out that I'm not convinced it's a good idea that the 200000 constant is "fixed" globally over time, instead of updated), but I /do/ think Eurotrash is onto something - if I understand it right the signal essentially says: going by the established velocity of money of the Bitcoin network, current per unit valuation is no longer enough to support the current transfer volume, i.e. an application of the Velocity Of Money/Money Supply formula.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 12:33:12 PM

I'll play Eurotrash's method's advocate for a moment Cheesy

Original thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568760

Re: Ryn's remark of false signals coming in at the "spikes"... that was a point of discussion in the thread above. We were discussing if some type of smoothing of the tx $volume line (red line) might help (aminorex suggested regression over a rolling time window), but on second view, I'm not so sure that's really the solution: the "spike" earlier this year was a bad signal, while a similar spike in 2011 quite accurately signaled the end of the 2011 bear market.

Ultimately, the method probably still needs refinement (I also remembering pointing out that I'm not convinced it's a good idea that the 200000 constant is "fixed" globally over time, instead of updated), but I /do/ think Eurotrash is onto something - if I understand it right the signal essentially says: going by the established velocity of money of the Bitcoin network, current per unit valuation is no longer enough to support the current transfer volume, i.e. an application of the Velocity Of Money/Money Supply formula.

That spike at the $2 low in 2011 looks like a larger holder moving coins from Gox to a wallet to me. I can't prove this by just looking at that chart, but it fits the situation

And thanks for the link, I'll check it out this evening

DustyRah

Activity: 530

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:36:28 PM

He is right. After nearly 10 months we are in positive territory completely now. CCI, MACD, divergence as well as EXP is positive. Learn about these indicators and check their history over a period of a year and you will realize what OP is trying to say.

http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/btceUSD#rg60ztgSzbgBza1gWMAzm1g10za2gWMAzm2g25zxzi1gCCIzi2gMACDzv

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 07:10:12 AM

So, can someone translate this into how much will BTC be worth at a certain date? What are your projections every month for the next couple of years?

erre
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1205

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 07:16:53 AM

So, can someone translate this into how much will BTC be worth at a certain date? What are your projections every month for the next couple of years?

Buy and hodl.
prediction: >500 before 2015, >1000 before 2016

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 07:44:40 AM

Buy and hodl.

I already did that. I don't recommend anyone else to do what I did. I'm optimistic, but at least I'm taking all the risk. What I did is borrow the money from a fiat bank to buy the bitcoins. I intend to pay them off over the next 5 years. My hope is that my loan is fully paid by that time, while I still hodl close to the original number of BTC I bought.

In the worst case, I pay off the amortization from my own money, but I have already bought the bitcoins.

I'm waiting for a couple more banks to follow up with their offers.

var53

Activity: 345

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 12:13:57 PM

Buy and hodl.

I already did that. I don't recommend anyone else to do what I did. I'm optimistic, but at least I'm taking all the risk. What I did is borrow the money from a fiat bank to buy the bitcoins. I intend to pay them off over the next 5 years. My hope is that my loan is fully paid by that time, while I still hodl close to the original number of BTC I bought.

In the worst case, I pay off the amortization from my own money, but I have already bought the bitcoins.

What price did you buy in at?
ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 12:28:40 PM

Buy and hodl.

Very rational decision. I withdrawn my pension fund in June 2013 and bought bitcoins. The rest is history.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 01:04:14 PM

The government actually allows you to go bankrupt and not have to pay back the banks.

This is a gift that keeps on giving.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 01:25:28 PM

I do not see a confirmation yet, though getting in now could be a spec. play.

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 01:33:19 PM

What price did you buy in at?
I first bought a few in 2012. Then sold them all a few months later for double the price. Which wasn't much. I should have borrowed then.

The most recent buy was this year, just last month, near the $400 mark. The local exchanges (local to me) were either out of coins or seemed too high, so I wired the money out to several exchanges, then bought what I could.

The government actually allows you to go bankrupt and not have to pay back the banks.

This is a gift that keeps on giving.

Obviously the government does not know I have bitcoins, but how do I declare bankruptcy when I still have a lot of stuff? The banks will probably want to take my car first, or hold me to a payment restructuring, or simply just black list me.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: