Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:35:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows qt gui wallet help  (Read 1009 times)
fabula (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 12:39:50 PM

Hi,
Is possible to create a qt wallet on linux for windows distribution(exe file)?
The command(on linux):

qmake-qt4
make

will create a qt gui for linux, not for windows.

Is there any simple and faster way inside linux to create a wallet working on windows or i have to start do have painass to install all dependencies and related stuff to create a windows wallet?

Already cloned a coin and change stuff here and and there, i need to compile a windows wallet with stake for launch. I will donate some.
Thanks.

HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 08:54:38 AM

I do not think that it is possible make wallet in Linux, which works also in Windows. The only way, which you can use is to install virtual machine in your Linux, then install Windows, and in Windows install wallet. Virtual machine soft you can find through Google search.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 10:20:19 AM

I do not think that it is possible make wallet in Linux, which works also in Windows. The only way, which you can use is to install virtual machine in your Linux, then install Windows, and in Windows install wallet. Virtual machine soft you can find through Google search.

It is possible, the concept is well known and understood and called cross-compile [1]. You cant expect a dev to have every system available, not even as VM. I doubt however that there is anything special with cross-compiling core.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_compiler

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: