Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:06:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Funded] Want 55 BTC loan  (Read 1408 times)
demonofelru (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 07:03:01 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2012, 09:22:36 PM by demonofelru

Basically same thing as posted in this thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=56007.msg948683#msg948683

Time would be 3ish days if an exact amount is needed then say in 5 days just in case my dwolla transfer takes longer then expected.  Let me know if any one is interested and what terms would be.  Listed in my post is some things I think would make me trustworthy. (worth the risk.)

Names do not matter; however, if you insist...id...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alexmat

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 09:10:14 PM

Loan provided. Expected repayment date no later than: 5/11/12 at 5:00 PM EST

Will post results when transaction completes.
demonofelru (OP)

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 09:12:28 PM

Yes loan was provided with those terms.  I can confirm I already see loan in pending thank you for quick send.

Names do not matter; however, if you insist...id...
alexmat

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 08:33:59 PM

This account has been hijacked as far as I can tell. I've lost all contact and it looks like this is going to be a write-off. Made this loan early on in my lending history and did not interview the person well enough. If you give out a loan make sure you get a contact number, id and speak to the person. Don't rely on OTC ratings and post history exclusively.
mcorlett
Donator

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 08:36:19 PM

This account has been hijacked as far as I can tell. I've lost all contact and it looks like this is going to be a write-off. Made this loan early on in my lending history and did not interview the person well enough. If you give out a loan make sure you get a contact number, id and speak to the person. Don't rely on OTC ratings and post history exclusively.
If you're dealing with OTC users, you can ask them to sign a message with the same key they use for authentication on the web of trust.

alexmat

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 08:38:42 PM

If you're dealing with OTC users, you can ask them to sign a message with the same key they use for authentication on the web of trust.

Great advice. I'm tempted to collect a list of things all lenders should know before lending. This would go right up to the top.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 02:18:10 AM

Great advice. I'm tempted to collect a list of things all lenders should know before lending. This would go right up to the top.
I could do a writeup on that too.  Wink

no scammer tag yet ?

I'll PM Maged on that.
alexmat

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 02:18:39 AM

no scammer tag yet ?

I sent a message to maged. He told me he was busy:

I hate to do this to you, but I won't have any time to investigate scammer cases for at least a week. Do you mind passing this over to someone else?

Sure, who should I speak to?

BadBear or Tysat would probably be the best.

Messaged both of them soon after and no response since then.  Undecided

kr105 is also a scammer that has not been marked yet.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 02:22:40 AM

no scammer tag yet ?

I sent a message to maged. He told me he was busy:

I hate to do this to you, but I won't have any time to investigate scammer cases for at least a week. Do you mind passing this over to someone else?

Sure, who should I speak to?

BadBear or Tysat would probably be the best.

Oops, didn't knew Maged were busy. You could try theymos to see if he's got some free time on his hands.
alexmat

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 02:27:01 AM

Oops, didn't knew Maged were busy. You could try theymos to see if he's got some free time on his hands.

Thanks for the tip. I just messaged him as well and linked him to this thread.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 02:29:09 AM

Thanks for the tip. I just messaged him as well and linked him to this thread.
No problems. I'm sick and tired of all those successful scamming attempts. Makes Sergei Mavrodi and his ponzi look like a charitable organisation.
alexmat

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 02:35:17 AM

No problems. I'm sick and tired of all those successful scamming attempts. Makes Sergei Mavrodi and his ponzi look like a charitable organisation.

I know I would charge a much smaller rate of interest if I didn't have the losses from the scams I sometimes fall for. I'm trying to get better at giving loans to honest people who are doing cool things with the coins.

And I'm really encouraged that I deal with a lot more ambitious honest people on this forum than scammers. But if we can get even better at weeding the scammers out it's a win for both lenders and borrowers.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 02:43:22 AM

I know I would charge a much smaller rate of interest if I didn't have the losses from the scams I sometimes fall for. I'm trying to get better at giving loans to honest people who are doing cool things with the coins.

And I'm really encouraged that I deal with a lot more ambitious honest people on this forum than scammers. But if we can get even better at weeding the scammers out it's a win for both lenders and borrowers.
Do an extensive credit check first -ask the obvious questions, and NEVER LEND if they don't have anything as their collateral. (reputation, identity, etc)  See their previous rep's age too.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 07:58:26 AM

Oops, didn't knew Maged were busy.
Yeah you did  Undecided. You have access to the staff board, don't you?

Anyway, back to the topic. If it turns out that the account was hacked, this should be pretty open-and-shut. Otherwise, this will likely be a long investigation...

John, if you want to do scammer investigations yourself, you can. What you have to do is gather as much information as you can from both sides, pull out the most convincing arguments, and pass that over to theymos if you believe, as a non-biased observer, that there is no doubt at all that the user is a scammer. The bar for the tag has to be that high in order to protect the forum from lawsuits. I'll send you some tips for this specific case.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 08:02:43 AM

Oops, didn't knew Maged were busy.
Yeah you did  Undecided. You have access to the staff board, don't you?

Anyway, back to the topic. If it turns out that the account was hacked, this should be pretty open-and-shut. Otherwise, this will likely be a long investigation...

John, if you want to do scammer investigations yourself, you can. What you have to do is gather as much information as you can from both sides, pull out the most convincing arguments, and pass that over to theymos if you believe, as a non-biased observer, that there is no doubt at all that the user is a scammer. The bar for the tag has to be that high in order to protect the forum from lawsuits. I'll send you some tips for this specific case.
Oops didn't notice that post, sorry.  Embarrassed

Drop me the tips and I'll get the paperwork straight for this case.  Cheesy
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2012, 01:41:20 PM

I forgot about your pm, it was confusing and had no context. Was going to reread it later that day when I had more time but never got around to it (there should be a save as new option for individual pms). It does make a bit more sense in the context of this thread, linking them would have helped. You didn't even mention the name of the account you were talking about.

I don't have the time nor the inclination to investigate scammer accusations. Don't get paid for my time, and there's no reward of feeling I actually accomplished something when they just stop using the account and fire up a new one. Too frustrating to see that, I'm trying to keep my blood pressure down  Wink.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 01:44:25 AM

Just PM'ed requesting information from both parties involved.
(edit: quoted all relevant posts.)

Basically same thing as posted in this thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=56007.msg948683#msg948683

Time would be 3ish days if an exact amount is needed then say in 5 days just in case my dwolla transfer takes longer then expected.  Let me know if any one is interested and what terms would be.  Listed in my post is some things I think would make me trustworthy. (worth the risk.)

Loan provided. Expected repayment date no later than: 5/11/12 at 5:00 PM EST

Will post results when transaction completes.

Yes loan was provided with those terms.  I can confirm I already see loan in pending thank you for quick send.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: