Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:20:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GLBSE Account Recovery Fails. One week without access so far.  (Read 1143 times)
punningclan (OP)

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Making a better tomorrow, tomorrow.

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 04:45:19 PM

It's been about a week since I've been able to access my GLBSE funds. Ever since I tried to recover the account after applying dual authentication and having it working for about a week. Their technical support has responded a few times telling me to:

a) Enter the auth-code.
b) Use my correct email address.
c) Make sure my phone has the correct time.

I'm using the same authenticator for other accounts, and we discovered that my phone's time should be fine.

Every time I try to recover the account I'm told my email does not exist however tech reports my account is fine.

Has anyone else had this problem?

It was a cunning plan to have the funny man be the money fan of the punning clan.
1J13NBTKiV8xrAo2dwaD4LhWs3zPobhh5S

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 08:57:27 PM

Does it end up being a CAPTCHA site?  I know after resetting the password it will not accept login with a new password until it brings you to the page with the CAPTCHA and login properly from there.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

cytokine
Donator

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 09:50:59 PM

It's been about a week since I've been able to access my GLBSE funds. Ever since I tried to recover the account after applying dual authentication and having it working for about a week. Their technical support has responded a few times telling me to:

a) Enter the auth-code.

I'm using the same authenticator for other accounts, and we discovered that my phone's time should be fine.

Every time I try to recover the account I'm told my email does not exist however tech reports my account is fine.

See here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=85568.msg943384#msg943384
punningclan (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 08:08:45 AM

a) Enter the auth-code.

See here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=85568.msg943384#msg943384
I'm always taken to failed login page and then it fails on that page too. When I try to recover my account is says it can't find my email. As far as I can make out I must have changed my email at the time I switched to dual-auth and then lost the ability to recover my account. The page says "Please use the email you signed up with", when I signed up I used a different email with no auth-code, but the recover page still demands one. When I try to use the email I signed up with the page reports an error on the server. What's very worrying to me is that I'm obviously the owner of the account (I have all the transaction details) and they ought to be able to grant me access whatever it requires, but a week, thirty emails, many login attempts and a million freaking capchas later and I'm still waiting. This after losing to Bitcoinica and I am about to scream !:(

It was a cunning plan to have the funny man be the money fan of the punning clan.
punningclan (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 08:11:56 AM

Does it end up being a CAPTCHA site?  I know after resetting the password it will not accept login with a new password until it brings you to the page with the CAPTCHA and login properly from there.

When my account was working and I changed the password your suggestion worked, however now it does not and when I try to recover the account it tells me my email is not on the server. Thanks anyway.

punningclan (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 08:19:25 AM

Thanks for the replies by the way.
It's another weekend and I'm not able to manage my investment. Friday passed with not a single reply from tech support, I don't want to turn in to a bitch but does this go on next week, and then what?  Huh
Could someone at GLBSE actually take the time to make the difference or am I asking too much?

punningclan (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 08:11:49 PM

To follow up tech support has now isolated my errors and has provided me with a protocol with which to recover my account. This is very good news and has provided me with a great deal of confidence for the future of GLBSE and for secure Bitcoin applications in general.
Thank you Nefario and your tech support team!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: