Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:44:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anything more funny than Americans ignorant about their Financial System?  (Read 5353 times)
BTCIndia (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 01:19:07 PM

I heard some american guy saying this. It came to me as a shock.

What do you think? Is that true?

He's Nick Sazbo from Washington. I've my answer. Or Hal? :O
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 05:21:09 PM

Americans are ignorant of many things.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 05:28:24 PM

You can say that about any group. Bithaters think Bitcoin users need to know everything there is to know about money, investing and math to use Bitcoin. It's not a requirement to be a PhD economist to be a US citizen. Unfortunately, the supposed leaders in their field responsible for directing the financial system are liars and crooks. The problem is the people are either too stupid or misled by propaganda to see it.

Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 05:32:24 PM

Don't pat yourself on the back or feel superior to Americans just because of their ignorance.

There are ignorant people all over the world.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Bees Brothers

Activity: 457
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 10:13:29 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by "their" financial system.

Do you mean the Federal Reserve/ US. Government financial system?  If so, that is not "my" system, but one I try to avoid despite the force and compulsion used to make me part of it.

I prefer financial systems outside of "their" systems that include things such as bitcoin, precious metals, and other commodities (like honey).

But I have to agree with you, there are many ignorant Americans that think the Federal Reserve/US Govt financial system is their system.

Don't tread on bees! http://beesbros.com
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 10:15:52 PM

Don't pat yourself on the back or feel superior to Americans just because of their ignorance.

I'm openly going to say that if we looked at the % of ignorant people in a population that America would be No.1.
Most of the sheep population is there although we have a them everywhere.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
nicked

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 10:35:05 PM

Laugh it up. It's great sport to make fun of America.....until you need us.
Nancarrow

Activity: 492

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 10:43:27 PM

Saying what?

If I've said anything amusing and/or informative and you're feeling generous:
1GNJq39NYtf7cn2QFZZuP5vmC1mTs63rEW
axel2078

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 03:17:19 AM

Saying what?

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing.  Where is the original quote??  What was it one of us stupid Americans said that was so shocking?

Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 03:25:34 AM

You can say that about any group. Bithaters think Bitcoin users need to know everything there is to know about money, investing and math to use Bitcoin. It's not a requirement to be a PhD economist to be a US citizen. Unfortunately, the supposed leaders in their field responsible for directing the financial system are liars and crooks. The problem is the people are either too stupid or misled by propaganda to see it.

The more I learn about the incumbent financial system the more frightening it is. For accuracy that pic should have a dollar sign dead center.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 03:36:22 AM

Haters hate because they jealous.

I'd be extremely jealous too, were I to be stuck in a stinky country where people still crap in public like animals:

http://anuglyhead.blogspot.com/2012/05/great-indian-pooping.html

http://www.healthissuesindia.com/poor-sanitation/

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Jocuserious

Activity: 1936
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 04:08:19 AM

It should be noted that there are many Americans who are not ignorant to what is going on here.  It should also be noted that there is a ton of money being spent to not only distract our societies with social issues (opportunity cost of attention) but also a ton of money being spent to manipulate the voting process.  Gerrymandering currently favors the GOP (who are hell bent on privatizing the government) and disproportionally allows for Republican election victories.

It's easy to say that, "Americans have no idea what their leaders are doing because their leaders are doing some effed up shite," but it isn't accurate.  Regardless of politics, every one of us has our own life to consider.  We have jobs that we go to, we have families that we want to attend to and we have social lives that we want to maintain.  Somewhere, in the past century, our social lives became extricated from social awareness.  And within that paradigm, it was easy and still is easy to use false information to manipulate people into supporting an irrelevant cause.

Case in point.  I don't know if anyone here has noticed it but during the BP crisis, the news headlines were full of the ongoing issue.  What many people didn't see was that BP bought a crap ton of advertising space on youtube.  Now consider what that means.  When I say consider what that means, I mean try and figure out why they would do that.  It's a simple associative trick to get people to think positively about a topic because they are more interested in the content that they were intending to watch.  The ads were full of positive content like families are great and the environment is a priority.  But I guarantee that 99% of people who were exposed to those ads didn't care - they just wanted to view their content and as a result, they implicitly decided that the issue was not worthy of concern.  The Koch Brothers did the same thing on youtube these past few months with the Keystone Pipeline - highlighting families and American jobs.  Generalized BS that every normal person will nod their head and say, "yeah, that is agreeable."

It certainly isn't as simple as that.  It's much more.  Religion is a major focal point.  If God wants to destroy the environment and deny same sex marriage then he probably wants to perpetuate destructive energy practices (really, how effing difficult is it for a multi billion industry to just give in and start developing clean energy themselves; they'd be heroes instead of a stain on our future aspirations).  Religion is still a major tool for psychological manipulation whether you want to admit it or not.

I'm not saying that there aren't ignorant Americans.  There are.  But not all of us are.  But I can't do shit when the people with a ton of money pay the people who place the Congressional votes into supporting corporate ventures that oppress the common folk.  I also can't do shit when people unknown decide to stand behind and support an 'officer of the law' who very likely killed a man in cold blood because of race.  I also can't do shit about millions of dollars being spent in the financial community interchanged to the lobbying community.

All I can do is read and watch the train wreck.  I post about it.  I vote. 

For the record, I can support everything I posted above with actual data and sources.  I'm just on a drunk rant right now.

TLDR; It's not funny.  Soime of us are ignorant but it shouldn't be considered a blanket association.  We'll probably have to wait a generation for more progressive minds to replace the dinosaurs and suffer the consequences of it because there is no real social cohesion.
TinaK

Activity: 1106
Merit: 527

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 07:21:03 AM

Americans need not follow the rules, but they make rules.
Satosh¡ Slot

Activity: 164

Indie Developer

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 08:05:45 AM

I just love this one!

Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 09:19:05 AM

You do realize that this chart is saying that Bitcoin is about People who know nothing about math, currency and investing.

It is from buttcoin.org where they make fun of Bitcoin.

Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 09:25:01 AM

I'm openly going to say that if we looked at the % of ignorant people in a population that America would be No.1.
Most of the sheep population is there although we have a them everywhere.

It is all about how good the government propaganda machine is. The US machine is very well funded. But I would say North Korea probably tops the list of the ignorant. I have been to many countries where ignorance is quite common. But the US citizen with access to the Internet and a wealth of knowledge has no excuse.

BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 10:55:06 AM

What was that mean guy? Huh!

BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 10:56:24 AM

I wasn't laughing. I'm just curious to know more and understand better about that statement.

turvarya

Activity: 714

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 11:00:23 AM

What would I need (US)America for?

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 11:02:46 AM

Haters hate because they jealous.

I'd be extremely jealous too, were I to be stuck in a stinky country where people still crap in public like animals:

http://anuglyhead.blogspot.com/2012/05/great-indian-pooping.html

http://www.healthissuesindia.com/poor-sanitation/

I'm glad to be part of country where threat of walking on poop exists rather then being shot by psychotic people. Country of mental people!
You dream about freedom, we exercise it on daily basis. LOLz!

I can come with as many as you can about my country. That was not point of discussion in thread.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: