Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:17:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alt-coin game plan  (Read 1025 times)
mrpark (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 03:05:47 PM

I would like to start a new alt-coin (yes, I know you have heard this many times a day). I believe I can make it successful by creating youtube videos on crytocurrency news topics, Q&A and mining related how-to videos. I am in the financial field, as well as being an network engineer/manager who can do mining and handle the big picture while understanding how all the pieces go together.

So what are the steps if one is not a developer?

1) buy a domain / name your coin
2) promote
3) find developers and hope you can pay them somehow

I believe I will succeed at number 2, and creating a buzz will get the needed attention the alt coin would need. Should number 2-3 be reversed? I think an alt-coin idea would succeed, because you would know who the main developers are and they would not be anonymous. This would also make it more attractive for developers to join in on the movement.

I've read not to worry too much about devopers, just promote your coin first. How could it generate income to expand the operation? How would this happen unless you are pre-mining the currency?

Thanks in advance for any/all answers.

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 03:29:42 PM

How will you secure the blockchain?

Or are you just out to screw everyone out of money with a garbage scamcoin that you do not have the terahashes to secure?

If you are not just another scammer, but actually want to deal with something reasonable as in secure, you might do better to grab up lots of one of the high difficulty coins that are currently selling insanely cheap then promote it, with emphasis on the security aspect...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
CryptoJerk

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 03:36:37 PM

How will you secure the blockchain?

Or are you just out to screw everyone out of money with a garbage scamcoin that you do not have the terahashes to secure?

If you are not just another scammer, but actually want to deal with something reasonable as in secure, you might do better to grab up lots of one of the high difficulty coins that are currently selling insanely cheap then promote it, with emphasis on the security aspect...

-MarkM-

man.. you really are a lame aren't you?

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 04:02:02 PM

2) promote

As step 0 you might wanna get some funds to pay your developers Smiley. If you don't want an IPO/ICO then I'd say go for 3 after 1. When you have at least a mere or less working beta then you can start promoting.

...plan B

2) promote
3. Start an IPO (ICO isn't good because of you would need to show something.)
4. promote
5. promote again
6. keep promoting
7. assess the situation to see if it worth to make the coin at all (I mean if you see an opportunity for making more from a pre and instamine.) If the answer is YES then goto 8 else goto 12
8. find developers, promise them a share from the instamine and hope that they can put a working coin together
9. keep promoting
10. When you have a more or less working coin release and instamine it pay your devs and bribe one or more exchanges (from the instamine if possible and keep promoting of course)
11. When the coin hit some bigger exchanges dump your stash.
12 run with the bag
13 register a new account here and goto 1
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 04:26:30 PM

I would like to start a new alt-coin (yes, I know you have heard this many times a day). I believe I can make it successful by creating youtube videos on crytocurrency news topics, Q&A and mining related how-to videos. I am in the financial field, as well as being an network engineer/manager who can do mining and handle the big picture while understanding how all the pieces go together.

So what are the steps if one is not a developer?

2) promote
not sure you'll find lots of developers who will work in the hope of being paid...

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
mrpark (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 04:56:20 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2014, 06:25:19 PM by mrpark

By IPO you mean to announce it on bitcointalk?

I am not a scammer, but I can't say I don't want to make a profit. There should be a light at the end of the tunnel. The idea is for collaboration, and bigger picture vs. just about me.  Of course I am someone who had successful in other areas, so I don't want to be known as a loser if I start something new.

I still have access to a about 9+ T of mining equipment because I just sold my other 17 T worth of miners just recently.  

I think I will start out with just setting things up, developers motivation I would have to be creative with, perhaps if there was enough publicity it would spark some interest...

Throwing money at it wouldn't be a problem, but I don't see how it would help.

While I don't want to do a pump and dump, I will instantly pre-mine the currency at 50-51% so I have something to offer developers.

username18333

Activity: 378

Knowledge could but approximate existence.

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 07:59:28 PM

I am not a scammer, but I can't say I don't want to make a profit. There should be a light at the end of the tunnel. The idea is for collaboration, and bigger picture vs. just about me.  Of course I am someone who had successful in other areas, so I don't want to be known as a loser if I start something new.

I still have access to a about 9+ T of mining equipment because I just sold my other 17 T worth of miners just recently.  

I think I will start out with just setting things up, developers motivation I would have to be creative with, perhaps if there was enough publicity it would spark some interest...

While I don't want to do a pump and dump, I will instantly pre-mine the currency at 50-51% so I have something to offer developers.

Have you considered promoting a network that already exists, like Writcoin™?

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
paduser

Activity: 432

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 08:17:10 PM

It would be much easier to buy coins from an existing currency. Then you could promote them with a blog or youtube videos. If you get enough user the price will rise and you got your profit.

I know its not an own coin but for an non developer its an easy way and you can put more effort in something your good.
mrpark (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 01:42:09 PM

Thanks for all the help and PM guys. I will have to think about all you said. I think I would instamine 10-25% just to maintain things. I don't see how it could work without instamining anything...

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 03:48:09 PM

Actually picking up an existing but not very well known or an abandoned coin is not a bad idea.

I am not a scammer, but I can't say I don't want to make a profit. There should be a light at the end of the tunnel. The idea is for collaboration, and bigger picture vs. just about me.  Of course I am someone who had successful in other areas, so I don't want to be known as a loser if I start something new.

OK. My "plan B" was more or less joking Smiley.

Getting some reliable and motivated devs whom willing to stay (at least in part time) is the hard part.
mrpark (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 04:49:40 PM

How about using something like http://altcoin.center ?

Actually picking up an existing but not very well known or an abandoned coin is not a bad idea.

I am not a scammer, but I can't say I don't want to make a profit. There should be a light at the end of the tunnel. The idea is for collaboration, and bigger picture vs. just about me.  Of course I am someone who had successful in other areas, so I don't want to be known as a loser if I start something new.

OK. My "plan B" was more or less joking Smiley.

Getting some reliable and motivated devs whom willing to stay (at least in part time) is the hard part.

gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 04:53:00 PM

Thanks for all the help and PM guys. I will have to think about all you said. I think I would instamine 10-25% just to maintain things. I don't see how it could work without instamining anything...

You have to have some good features too for your coin to be innovative and promising, and not just limited to that, but you need to fulfill the requirements too, not just that you promised, took the money of people and ran away as every admin is doing launching new shit coins coming nowadays.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: