Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:53:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Yet ANOTHER MtGox thread...  (Read 4717 times)
Dropkickdragout (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 11:57:32 PM

Alright, i made 2 withdrawal requests for wire transfers.

1.Withdraw      Status: confirmed   $592.88000
2.Withdraw    Status: confirmed   $395.24000

These have been sitting as "confirmed" for about a week.  MtGox will only say

"We have looked at your Withdraw status and see that it is in confirmed status. Meaning it is in the last step before becoming fully processed to your bank. It should reflect into your account balance within 3-5 business days. Please let us know if it takes longer than 5 business days."

To some of you traders out there this amount would not be a big deal, but its pretty significant for me.

this is completely and 100% unacceptable that a wire transfer would take this amount of time.

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 01:15:22 AM

this is completely and 100% unacceptable that a wire transfer would take this amount of time.

Are these your first withdrawals from Mt. Gox to this account? (i.e., were they faster previously?)

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Dropkickdragout (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 02:31:02 AM

these aren't my first withdrawals... and yea they used to be faster, by a lot.

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2012, 03:26:54 AM

Yeah, that something is "Oh shit, we are insolvent!"

Stop!  Ponzi time!

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2012, 05:07:55 AM

Alright, i made 2 withdrawal requests for wire transfers.

1.Withdraw      Status: confirmed   $592.88000
2.Withdraw    Status: confirmed   $395.24000

These have been sitting as "confirmed" for about a week.  MtGox will only say

"We have looked at your Withdraw status and see that it is in confirmed status. Meaning it is in the last step before becoming fully processed to your bank. It should reflect into your account balance within 3-5 business days. Please let us know if it takes longer than 5 business days."

To some of you traders out there this amount would not be a big deal, but its pretty significant for me.

Forgive me for not being an ally with you on this claim, Dkd. I will not go into details as to why that is the case, but it should be pretty easy for anybody else to figure out.

Later, bud.

~Bruno~
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2012, 05:14:27 AM

I wonder how long it will take before BTC withdrawals start getting the "delay" treatment.

Mark, if you're watching, I have an idea for you:  Move enough BTC on the blockchain to account for all the asks in the order book, and make the amount after the decimal (in satoshis) "20120608".  Clearly MtGox could use a confidence boost and there is little reason that this wouldn't be worth providing.

If you're able to move enough BTC to represent the bids as well, I'll stop the vast majority of my bitching.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2012, 01:30:18 PM

I wonder how long it will take before BTC withdrawals start getting the "delay" treatment.

Mark, if you're watching, I have an idea for you:  Move enough BTC on the blockchain to account for all the asks in the order book, and make the amount after the decimal (in satoshis) "20120608".  Clearly MtGox could use a confidence boost and there is little reason that this wouldn't be worth providing.

If you're able to move enough BTC to represent the bids as well, I'll stop the vast majority of my bitching.

Sadly it seems they are short on Fiat.

Sadly fiat has no blockchain

Dropkickdragout (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2012, 04:54:44 PM

Another day another disappointment. they still have not transferred the money.

sd

Activity: 730

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 12:09:37 AM

Yeah, that something is "Oh shit, we are insolvent!"

Stop!  Ponzi time!

How could that be? They should be raking in USD with their steady percentage of a big turnover.

Surely if they had money troubles they would increase their transactions fees.

Maybe they had another robbery that they are trying to cover up? It might explain their apparent lack of USD.
Coinoisseur

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 12:22:26 AM

It's possible MTGox's own currency exchanging and transferring is under similar scrutiny to the users (AML, etc.).

╓▄▌██P                  
                                                 ╔▄▌███▀███▌                   
                                           ▄▄▌██▀▀╚  ╓██╩██                    
                                     ▄▄███▀▀╙      ▄██  ▓█                     
                               ▄▌███▀▀+          ▄█▀   ▐█                      
                        ,▄▌███▀▀¬              ▓█▀     █▄                      
                  ,▄▌███▀▀                  ,██▀      █▌                       
               '█████▌▄▄,                 ╓██╩       ██                        
                  ▀██▌▐▀▀▀█████▌▌▄▄╓    ▄██¬        ▄█                         
                     ▀██▄        ╚▀▀▀████          ▐█═                         
                        ▀██▄        ▓█▀██          █▀                          
                           ▀██▄  ,██▀   █µ        ██                           
                              ▀███Z     ██       ██                            
                                ▐██     ▐█      ▄█                             
                              ,,╓╓█▓▄▌   █▌    ▐█U                             
                        º▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   ▀█    █▌                              
                          ▀█▓▓▓▓▓████▀█▌  █▌  ██                               
                            ▀███████▌  ▀█µ▀█ ██                                
                              ▀█████     ███▓█                                 
                                ▐███      ▀██Ñ                                 
                                            ▀                             

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2012, 12:26:38 AM

I think this says more about the retardedness of the fiat system than it does about the insolvency of mt gox.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 12:48:33 AM

Maybe they spent too much on hookers and blow.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2012, 10:41:14 AM

Maybe they spent too much on hookers and blow.

From what I hear that is not cheap ion Japan...

Also maybe they are too busy filing criminal reports on customers and are unable to do their job...

Yeah, it's hard to compete with tentacle monsters for the hookers.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 02:18:23 PM

if japan is anything like its media it must be one fucked up place.
Understatement.

Vending machines with used child's underwear, anyone?
It's a strange place.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
LordGreynick

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 02:23:03 PM

We know nothing about most of Mt Gox's business model.

We don't know their overheads. We don't know how many staff they have. We have no idea if company directors are pulling out funds for some other venture.

The only way to know for sure would be to look at their A&Ls and P&Ls. Since they're not about to make that information public, we have to speculate.

These issues have been happening for quite some time now. It was about 3 months ago I put my first post up about my regular monthly BTC purchase being held up both sending cash to Mt Gox and receiving funds back.

Since then, its just been post after post of disheartened BTCoiners.

Some people jumped to Mt Gox's defense, claiming that 14-21 days for wire transfers were "acceptable".

Mt Gox stated "this is only happening to a few people". But the numbers of unhappy clients are publicly mounting. There has been little else from them apart from "it will be ok soon".

Beware. Be very wary.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 04:58:21 PM

Some people jumped to Mt Gox's defense, claiming that 14-21 days for wire transfers were "acceptable".

Anyone who did this is naive, and idiot, or a troll.

As a point of example.  Yesterday I pulled $80K from my Roth IRA for some much needed capital expansion.  I realized it had been so long since I sent a wire from that account it had the wrong bank info.  Crap that is going to cause some delays. I updated the bank info, sent the wire (no fee BTW) and the funds cleared in my checking account in ....  3 .... hours.

The whole point of a wire in INSTANT funds.  A wire which takes 14 days is just stupid.   You could print a check, mail it across the world, and deposit it, and wait for it to clear in less than 14 days.
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 05:56:57 PM

The delays are only happening because the US federal agents investigating money laundering and Silk Road purchases are taking too long to approve the transfers on Dwolla's end. We'll get back to you guys...

-Mt. Gox
LordGreynick

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 06:16:33 PM

The delays are only happening because the US federal agents investigating money laundering and Silk Road purchases are taking too long to approve the transfers on Dwolla's end. We'll get back to you guys...

-Mt. Gox

So to the people who have nothing to do with Silk Road and are still getting 3 week plus delays?
Dropkickdragout (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 07:01:44 PM

-Mt. Gox

I didn't request dwolla, so any delays on dwolla's end are completely irrelevant to my case.  I asked for a wire transfer and it has not been done.

Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 01:49:59 AM

I didn't request dwolla, so any delays on dwolla's end are completely irrelevant to my case.  I asked for a wire transfer and it has not been done.

Okay, sorry, I assumed everyone was still complaining about the Dwolla stuff. That *is* interesting then, but it could still be Dwolla-related since these problems didn't really start to rear their ugly head till these new rules went into effect. In other words, perhaps it's something related to how easily MtGox can get the US cash out of Dwolla and into a wire-transfer that is the problem?

After all, those of use who have been using Dwolla are used to these several week delays, it would make sense that MtGox is being subjected to them vis-a-vis Dwolla as well.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: