Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:03:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Paper Wallet  (Read 1751 times)
katie.mckinley (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

old user name chris3spice

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 12:18:30 AM

Hey All,
Not very active on talking on the board, but I thought I would share my paper wallet I made for one of my offline wallets.
It is a card protector which has my address and QR code on it, with a bitcoin on it (Thank you google image search) and inside hidden inside other sheets of paper is the private key and QR code so when I want to retrieve the bitcoins I just grab the case and open it up.

Thanks for giving me a little attention by looking! Maybe inspire you to make your own wallet somehow!
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
austonst

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 12:25:46 AM

Huh, my paper wallet is a scribbled down seed on half a sheet of lined paper, shoved down in my backpack with the rest of my papers. I guess I trust myself to keep my backpack close and not to let loose paper shuffle around too much. Your wallet is much nicer and probably less likely to get torn apart; good job with it.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 01:00:01 AM

That's pretty good.  It protects the paper from the elements a bit, but more importantly it protects it from getting discarded.  At the same time, it isn't something you'ld be tempted to open up to use unless you really have a good reason.

Great work!

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 01:03:37 AM

I put my paper wallets in between two sheets of opaque paper and then laminate them and put them in a safe.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 02:32:38 AM

I put my paper wallets in between two sheets of opaque paper and then laminate them and put them in a safe.

Do you own your own laminator and if so where did you buy it?
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 02:42:51 AM

Do you own your own laminator and if so where did you buy it?

No.  A friend of mine has one.  But you can get them at any office store.  Here's one for $108.  There's also adhesive laminating paper, if you don't want to buy a machine.  But I prefer having it heat sealed.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 03:06:16 AM

I have a code that uses the KJV1611 Holy Bible for a Brain Wallet. I shouldn't have a big problem finding a copy of that anywhere I go. I just hope Tom Hanks doesn't figure it out.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 04:46:24 AM

I have a code that uses the KJV1611 Holy Bible for a Brain Wallet. I shouldn't have a big problem finding a copy of that anywhere I go. I just hope Tom Hanks doesn't figure it out.

I use the Book of Mormon.  Fewer readers.

drrussellshane

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 05:03:49 AM

How does one do such a thing?

Buy a TREZOR! Premier BTC hardware wallet. If you're reading this, you should probably buy one if you don't already have one. You'll thank me later.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2012, 05:05:38 AM

I use the Book of Mormon.  Fewer readers.

I use Hasa Diga Eebowai!

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
katie.mckinley (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 05:26:28 AM

I thought about that but I didn't have any laminate around to run through my little laminator so I improvised :p
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2012, 05:36:11 AM

I have a LOT of books.  Wink

proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 06:19:34 AM

What's that weird looking green square thingy?  Wink

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2012, 06:23:37 AM

What's that weird looking green square thingy?  Wink

Something from the dark ages Cheesy

Thats not my pic its off google. Im not showing the actual book I keep a paper wallet in.

Although I havent heard of any break ins where bibles get stolen Cheesy

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2012, 07:28:37 PM

I created my addresses using vanitygen offline and photographed the screen with the public and private keys. I then copied the addresses down by hand...then I copied it again by hand but reversed the case. I copied this set by hand again. Put memory card and paper in the safe. Tested 1 address (in and out via MtGox) and then sent my funds using the client into the unused addresses the safe.

I put my full set of bitbills and bitbill bank card in the safe and some of my casascius coins too...but I kept my 25BTC and silver 10BTC casascius coins out to play with...oh, and I kept my casascius bearer bar out as a mini bank. Those are just too cool to put away Smiley

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
katie.mckinley (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 08:09:11 PM

Seeing the Floppy Disk makes me want to get a whole bunch and put the Public Address on the outside then break it open and hide the private key on the inside. I love having "Physical" Bitcoins so I could make all kinds of 1btc and 5btc Floppies and feel rich as they pile up
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2012, 12:32:14 PM

Seeing the Floppy Disk makes me want to get a whole bunch and put the Public Address on the outside then break it open and hide the private key on the inside. I love having "Physical" Bitcoins so I could make all kinds of 1btc and 5btc Floppies and feel rich as they pile up

Floppycoin ftw  Cheesy

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 12:58:02 PM

You had the HD double density Fujis? Weren't you the Mr. Fancy Pants!

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
June 11, 2012, 12:21:28 AM

You had the HD double density Fujis? Weren't you the Mr. Fancy Pants!

That's a high density, double sided disk. Although the double sided part is redundant, since all high density formats are double sided. Kids these days. Can't even recognise a floppy disk. Roll Eyes

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: