Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:23:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Market  (Read 12887 times)
mizerydearia (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 18, 2010, 11:33:05 PM

From my analysis it appears Bitcoin Market is practically dead or barely used.  Is this accurate/true?

If so, is there something specific that Bitcoin Market does or doesn't do that causes it to not be as popular, successful, widely used or otherwise useful as other competing markets/exchanges?  What are these things?  What can help to improve Bitcoin Market so that it will be more accepted or useful to others?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12884

View Profile
August 18, 2010, 11:50:18 PM

With BCM, you might have to wait up to 10 days for a trade to be confirmed. I don't want to do PayPal trades very often because I don't want PayPal to freeze my account for "suspicious activity" or whatever. For these reasons, I think people who use BCM prefer to do large but infrequent trades. I have personally traded more BTC in a single trade on BCM than Mt. Gox's current 24-hour volume.

I strongly believe that Mt. Gox will collapse when it experiences a few chargebacks. I don't trust that deposited USD or BTC will still be there when I want to withdraw.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2010, 11:57:23 PM

With BCM, you might have to wait up to 10 days for a trade to be confirmed. I don't want to do PayPal trades very often because I don't want PayPal to freeze my account for "suspicious activity" or whatever. For these reasons, I think people who use BCM prefer to do large but infrequent trades. I have personally traded more BTC in a single trade on BCM than Mt. Gox's current 24-hour volume.

I strongly believe that Mt. Gox will collapse when it experiences a few chargebacks. I don't trust that deposited USD or BTC will still be there when I want to withdraw.

Isn't the charge back risk just in a different place on the two markets?

A market with a non-PayPal USD deposit method would be nice.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
August 18, 2010, 11:57:41 PM

I wonder if Mt. Gox will switch to debit cards only, with the presumably lower chance of reversal.

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12884

View Profile
August 19, 2010, 12:03:38 AM

There are no chargebacks if you use LRUSD or Pecunix (both supported by BCM).

If you want to use PayPal or Moneybookers, you get to delay confirmation for 10 days, which will hopefully reduce the risk. If a chargeback does happen, it only affects one person instead of bankrupting the entire market.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2010, 12:21:35 AM

There are no chargebacks if you use LRUSD or Pecunix (both supported by BCM).

If you want to use PayPal or Moneybookers, you get to delay confirmation for 10 days, which will hopefully reduce the risk. If a chargeback does happen, it only affects one person instead of bankrupting the entire market.

Ah, okay. I forgot about the other methods because I don't use them. Maybe I should look into them.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 19, 2010, 03:38:21 AM

From my analysis it appears Bitcoin Market is practically dead or barely used.  Is this accurate/true?

If so, is there something specific that Bitcoin Market does or doesn't do that causes it to not be as popular, successful, widely used or otherwise useful as other competing markets/exchanges?  What are these things?  What can help to improve Bitcoin Market so that it will be more accepted or useful to others?

The problem with the bitcoin markets is that they all use some other online payment processor, killing one major advantage of Bitcoin, the very low cost of transactions.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Anonymous

August 19, 2010, 04:42:05 AM

The problem with the bitcoin markets is that they all use some other online payment processor, killing one major advantage of Bitcoin, the very low cost of transactions.

Yeah it sucks to pay 3.4% to paypal and kinda defeats the purpose.I dont see a way around it yet.
mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2010, 05:02:07 AM

Is it possible to use Google Checkout for transactions?  How about WorldPay?
spndr7
Legendary

Activity: 1020
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2010, 08:58:14 AM

Please look into trade ID -755

mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2010, 10:50:12 AM

Please look into trade ID -755
You may want to contact dwdollar directly either through his site, email or through private message.
fresno

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2010, 06:27:41 PM

The MadHatter's Bitcoin 4 Cash site http://vms43o4cqysakvyb.onion/ trades directly in several private currencies, such as the FRN, etc. So load up on Bitcoins and spread them around!

The Madhatter

Activity: 490
Merit: 509

My avatar pic says it all

View Profile
September 20, 2010, 07:15:36 PM

The MadHatter's Bitcoin 4 Cash site http://vms43o4cqysakvyb.onion/ trades directly in several private currencies, such as the FRN, etc. So load up on Bitcoins and spread them around!

Wink
JaneMc123

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 11:24:32 AM

I think you are wrong. This topic is still very popular. What is more, I reckon, it doesn`t need even extra promotion with sites like https://promovideolab.com/ . So keep doing what you are doing and everything will be OK.
gobingo

Activity: 78

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 01:10:21 AM

if there is any news mentioning that bitcoin is dying I think it's bad news, and with good news from a very influential country or from big investors it could affect the price increase.
abelmon66

Activity: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 01:15:45 AM

do not believe in the obscure news that mentions that bitcoin is dead, I am sure it is not true and bitcoin has only experienced price reductions and I think for the end of this year I am sure the price of bitcoin will rise again.
Afnan_faizah

Activity: 784
Merit: 176

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 01:19:14 AM

The barrier is the volatility, how can merchant adopt bitcoin as payment methode if the fluctuations price could harm them, can make them bankrupt. We need real established company that adopt bitcoin so bitcoin can get more thrust from people. We need to increase bitcoin usage but not in the exchange but in other place.

Sepertinya sudah waktunya, kalau menurut saya lebih baik lump sum sekarang. 30/01/2024.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2018, 01:22:44 AM

do not believe in the obscure news that mentions that bitcoin is dead, I am sure it is not true and bitcoin has only experienced price reductions and I think for the end of this year I am sure the price of bitcoin will rise again.
nope. bitcoin is so popular that's why it's called the kin of the cryptocurrency. maybe you're right in term that it is barely used. the bitcoin we know has a high price and it so valuable. and because it has an high price, few people only can afford to buy and used it. because for the others bitcoin is difficult to obtain compare to the other cryptocurrency.

iconternal

Activity: 118
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 02:43:36 AM

it's all news that won't be true, bitcoin will never die, and I think with a lot of positive news about the problem of the world economy, I'm sure I will be able to change the price of bitcoin.

ANYONE
(ANY)   www.any-one.org   (ANY)
Investment Platform
kent47400

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:28:35 AM

if you say that the Bitcoin market is dead then I say it hurts my feelings a lot.
the fact that the Bitcoin market has only lost its price for some time.

and furthermore Bitcoin will rise in price as purchases from traders.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: