Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:31:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB] Old mining hardware  (Read 8977 times)
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:58:39 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2015, 05:31:33 AM by sidehack

Sometime around the middle of this year my hardware purchases shifted from "maximize the hashrate, minimize expense" to "oh that's interesting and I don't already have one". The collection is become fairly diverse but still only a fraction of what's been available over the last two years or so. We're thinking of putting together an informal "bitcoin mining museum" in a corner of the shop, and basically just poking around to see what people have they're willing to get rid of.

Right now I have a fair amount of ASICMiner and BitMain offerings, a few odds and ends (Avalon Gen1, Habanero, BA X1 etc) but that's about it. We have very few USB miners, not much with BitFury chips, not much from BFL, BTCGarden, RockMiner and a bunch of other outfits.

The budget is kinda low right now, but if you have something interesting PM me and we can talk shop. I'd prefer hardware that's fully functional, but depending on the problem (and the price), there's a lot of stuff I can fix or work around.

What we have:

ASICMiner USB BE (stock, overclock)
ASICMiner V1 Blade (stock)
ASICMiner V2 Blade (stock, overclock)
ASICMiner Cube (stock, overclock)
ASICMiner Tube (stock)
Avalon Gen1 (2 modules only)
BitBurner A1
BitFury H-cards/M-board
BitMain AntMiner U1 (stock)
BitMain AntMiner U2 (stock)
BitMain AntMiner S1 (stock, overclock, underclock)
BitMain AntMiner S2 (kit)
BitMain AntMiner S3 (stock)
BlackArrow X1 (BA controller no LCD)
BTCGarden AM-V1
Butterfly Labs FPGA (832MH Single)
Butterfly Labs Jalapeno
Butterfly Labs 60GH Single
Dragon 1T (stock)
GridSeed 5-chip
GridSeed USB (scrypt only)
HashFast Rev1 bare board
Klondike K16
NanoFury NF6
OneString
PepperMining Habanero

Inbound:
BlackArrow X1 (LCD)

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 06:14:58 AM

What, nobody has old stuff they want to get rid of? Nothing interesting but no longer (or barely) profitable?

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 10:40:16 AM

i have a box-load of BTCgarden blades... it's the one part of my rig that isn't getting powered up for winter (i think -130nm chips)
let me dig the box out of the attic and i'll post specs and a pic, you can make me an offer if you like.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 06:05:09 PM

Oh hey raskul, how ya doing. Yeah I was hoping someone would pipe up about the old BTCGarden stuff; I don't know if they really sold a lot. Definitely let me know what you have.

raskul

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 06:19:08 PM

Oh hey raskul, how ya doing. Yeah I was hoping someone would pipe up about the old BTCGarden stuff; I don't know if they really sold a lot. Definitely let me know what you have.
i'm good mate, getting close to 60 days on you-know-where (!), hope all is good with you and yours.
meh... i went up into the cupboard in the loft and it's all buried at the back... gimme a day or so to dig out all the other boxes and shit that is obstructing my can't-be-arsed-to-do-this attitude and i'll get back to you. I think i have ~10 blades @ 8GH/s per blade (from what i can remember).

all the crap that i've dumped up there, just goes to show how long has passed since these blades were powered up! i think i heated my office room with them last winter lol

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 06:39:36 PM

Yeah been a long round. I've had to divide my hashrate, about half there and half elsewhere. I'm not hurting though, never had money riding on mining. I prefer to work for a living.

The only guy I know firsthand that bought into the old Garden stuff was a guy from England that I sold some AM Blade kits to; he kept in touch and pops in to ask questions about things on occasion and he asked about what I knew about those Blades. Which was nothing. Never even seen one.

Yeah I'm currently basking in the warmth of a Dragon keeping my whole apartment toasty. The S1s at the shop aren't running very warm anymore; Thursday I got one of them down to 140GH at 152WDC with 1% errors. Gotta keep at least one stock though, for posterity.

raskul

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 06:46:45 PM

i went back to bitparking with most of my hashpower... that stats reset few weeks back irked me a little but i drop in now and again just to keep the credit up, for when a block does get found. I managed to get a data-unit set up with free leccy, so i've got 3 sp10's in there, 2 S3's at home in the office room for winter and 2 BFL60's upstairs to warm the *coughs* 'greenhouse'.

i'm not heavily invested now either.. all my miners have made their money back and i'm in a comfortable position that i don't have to cashout anything to pay electric bills, so all is sweet. in fairness, i doubt that you really want thee BTCgarden blades but i'll dig em out (eventually) for you and let you know what there is in total.

just - don't ask me to power them up, i think the psu's i had for them have been dumped - but they do still work ok - in a getwork sort of style.  Undecided

they were continually named ' The Bitty Schlades' (shitty blades)

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 06:53:06 PM

Well, it's part of the history. And don't worry about power supplies, that's sorta what we do here.
I could be called "invested", I run about 4TH of my own gear (probably closer to 5 when I find time to figure out some hardware issues) but it's mostly for entertainment. I wanted to see how much hashrate I could amass without out-of-pocket expenses, by reinvesting profit coin straight back into stepped upgrades, but over the summer I just started looking for whatever I didn't already have but looked interesting. I'd really like to get my hands on a OneString, and there are a sea of USB miners I've barely even heard of which look pretty cool.

raskul

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 06:56:24 PM

Well, it's part of the history. And don't worry about power supplies, that's sorta what we do here.
I could be called "invested", I run about 4TH of my own gear (probably closer to 5 when I find time to figure out some hardware issues) but it's mostly for entertainment. I wanted to see how much hashrate I could amass without out-of-pocket expenses, by reinvesting profit coin straight back into stepped upgrades, but over the summer I just started looking for whatever I didn't already have but looked interesting. I'd really like to get my hands on a OneString, and there are a sea of USB miners I've barely even heard of which look pretty cool.

ok, gimme an hour.. i'll see if i can dig that box out.

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 07:02:01 PM

Oh, um... no rush. I mean, it's the weekend.

raskul

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 07:13:08 PM

haha - here's a blast from the past! weighing in at 8KG without packaging

9 blades which run at 8GH/s each - so ~72GH/s in total...

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 08:09:42 PM

Ooh, fancy! What'll it take to send some to MO, US 65401?

raskul

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 08:13:18 PM

Ooh, fancy! What'll it take to send some to MO, US 65401?

you want them all?

royal mail reckons ~$170 (~£110) shipping cost for a 10kg box (which would be about right) Undecided

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 08:24:18 PM

Crikey. I've shipped 8KG worth of power supplies to AU for about a third of that. Half a coin is more than I can budget right now.

raskul

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 08:29:24 PM

parcelmonkey reckons the cheapest i can get is £65 (~$100)

to be fair, i'd advise against it, even at that price  Cheesy

72GH/s... Roll Eyes

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 08:35:36 PM

Yeah let's give it a bit. If nobody else shows up wanting to unload original Garden blades, by, oh, end of the year I'd probably dump $100 on the set.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2014, 02:03:40 PM

I have a couple of BFL Singles collecting  dust if interested. I actually sold off my original Avalon recently to Luke-Jr. Let me know if you want a single.
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 03:43:22 PM

I'm talking to a guy about Avalons already, so that's (hopefully) no trouble. I bet Luke-Jr is a lot more well funded anyway.

I have zero BFL hardware right now. My original ASIC purchase (like a lot of people) was from BFL, but I finagled a PayPal refund for the Jalapeno and turned it into an AM blade, which certainly turned out well. Remind me on the Single; that was the 60-odd GH machine?

Coopster8888

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 03:48:32 PM

Yes, they were 60 g/h (Singles)

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 03:54:58 PM

Groovy. Whatcha think to ship one or two (ideally fully functional; stock PSU would be nice but probably not essential) to MO 65401?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: