Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:36:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this normal?  (Read 1774 times)
awesome31312 (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 10:48:51 AM

Bitcoin Forum moderators keep deleting my posts for being "off-topic", when they are not off-topic

Furthermore, I can't even appeal or question the moderator's decision because their username is not listed.

So I'm pretty much helpless as my freedom of speech is eaten away by mods?

Account recovered 08-12-2019

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3044

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 12:49:39 PM

I don't think that means what you think it means. Freedom of speech means the government can't make it illegal to express your opinion. And it is perfectly legal to make off-topic posts, so what are you complaining about? But this forum is private property, and you can't do things with someone else's private property without their permission, even if those things are otherwise legal. You may only post here as long as the admins and mods permit it, and such permission can be revoked at any time for any reason. In this case, the reason is that you broke the rules, so you'll get no sympathy from me.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 01:31:31 PM

Bitcoin Forum moderators keep deleting my posts for being "off-topic", when they are not off-topic

Furthermore, I can't even appeal or question the moderator's decision because their username is not listed.

Depending on forum some do more moderating then others.   What posts were moved?

You can actually PM the mod I thought it left a message about the post being moved.

And freedom of speech i'm not going to even explain.  No they don't have to provide you access here.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 03:53:14 PM

You are probably mistaken about that.

Correct.

No.  Freedom of speech provides you the freedom to leave this forum and create your own forum where you are the administrator and moderator.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2301

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:08:03 PM

The delation message says that it was most likely off topic not that it was specifically off topic. It says that posts can be deleted for other reasons. Your post was deleted because it broke some rule.

It sounds like you are concerned about your post count being lowered from deleted posts. I would suggest putting more thought/effort into your posts as this will likely result in your posts not getting deleted and will reduce your chances of getting banned for spamming useless posts to essentially zero.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:28:30 PM

Some people also like to bump threads where the last post dates from more than a year ago.

Moderators will most likely delete these posts as in 90% of the time it doesn't make sense to bump old threads.
Scamalert

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

Captain

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:33:33 PM

Looked briefly at your post history, most of your post are 1 sentence.
Beside, most of your post are useless information.
If you don't want your post to be moderated, then write quality posts.
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:05:21 AM

Your post was deleted because it broke some rule.

You don't even know what my post consisted of, so don't assume.

It sounds like you are concerned about your post count being lowered from deleted posts.

Not really. Assuming things is naughty.

you broke the rules, so you'll get no sympathy from me.

Never asked for sympathy from strangers on the internet, and you don't know what the post was so don't assume I broke the rules.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:11:01 AM

You didn't tell us.  You came to a public forum and posted a complaint with very little information backing it up.  All any of us can do is "assume".

It sounds like you are concerned about your post count being lowered from deleted posts.

Then provide better information for discussion.  Or don't bother posting your complaints.  Or accept that people will have to assume if you don't tell them anything. Or just keep up your trolling.  I guess I don't really care.  It has no effect on me.

Never asked for sympathy from strangers on the internet, and you don't know what the post was so don't assume I broke the rules.

Didn't ask for sympathy.  Just asked if you are helpless.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:15:33 AM

If your post did not break any rules of the forum then it would not have been deleted.

I think you are. Most of your posts/threads you start have some kind of subject matter that will solicit a lot of responses that disagree with you and you often rely multiple times to people debating them with weak/no arguments.

I would suggest (as mentioned above) that you provide more information about what posts you had deleted so the community can see what exactly is being "censored"
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:24:15 AM

If your post did not break any rules of the forum then it would not have been deleted.

Authorities aren't omniscient. They are human beings with egos just like you and I

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:28:25 AM

Authorities aren't omniscient. They are human beings with egos just like you and I
It is my understanding that the moderators will be very familiar with the rules of the forum in order to become a moderator and from their experience as a moderator. The only legit reason to delete a post is because it broke a rule.

I do agree that the moderators do make mistakes occasionally as they are human, however I would seriously doubt that their egos would ever cloud their judgment.

Again I think you should post what was deleted along with the thread so the community can make it's own judgment.
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:36:30 AM

I do agree that the moderators do make mistakes occasionally as they are human

There you go, that's your answer

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:49:01 AM

I do agree that the moderators do make mistakes occasionally as they are human

There you go, that's your answer
No, unless you give some kind of evidence as to what happened, the community will default to the moderators as I can assure you that they know the rules much better then you.

Searching the modlog I discovered that two of your replies to "Major Flaw in Security" were deleted, and looking through the thread it appears that it was the reply about you commenting on macrotheminer's "bump" being a constructive post and you replying to someone else's comment confirming that a bump is allowed every 24 hours (one of which I reported for being signature spam - I am pretty sure). If this is what you are complaining about then whoever deleted your post was ~70% correct in their actions as you post had nothing to do with the OP of the subject thread.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 01:10:39 AM

Is this an......assumption?  Shocked

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 07:13:42 AM

Decided to take a look, I can see why you don't want to post the actual posts.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Keyser Soze

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 07:51:35 PM

You were blatant sig spamming.

Get real.

~BCX~
This so much.

He probably doesn't care too much as long as he doesn't get banned. Gives him a chance to complain about it in meta for more posts.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 08:04:05 PM

You were blatant sig spamming.

Get real.

~BCX~
This so much.

He probably doesn't care too much as long as he doesn't get banned. Gives him a chance to complain about it in meta for more posts.
If I had to guess he probably ended up getting banned once badbear was able to see how many of his shitposts got deleted by various moderators (plus how many of his posts that haven't been deleyed are shitposts )
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 07:09:07 PM

No reason to start hating on this thread

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: