Bitcoin Forum
August 04, 2024, 10:19:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-11-20] CD: Mozilla Now Accepting Bitcoin in Response to User Demand  (Read 2059 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 06:54:27 PM

Mozilla Now Accepting Bitcoin in Response to User Demand

Mozilla, the open-source development community behind the popular Firefox web browser, is now accepting bitcoin donations.

The Mozilla Foundation, the non-profit entity that provides support for the community’s broad open-source development, will be partnering with Coinbase to accept bitcoin contributions. The California-based bitcoin services provider announced the deal on its blog, where it reinforced that, per its policies toward charities, it will not charge fees for the donations it processes.

http://www.coindesk.com/mozilla-accepting-bitcoin-donations/

but you have to give an emailaddress and some more infos before donating just a little amount...why?!

Rampton

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 09:08:56 PM

I wonder how many people will donate now. I remember seeing a thread or two specifically requesting that Mozilla accept bitcoins, but I think sometimes people change their mind about donating once they realize they have to bite the bullet and give their coins away  Cheesy.

ujka

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 07:48:57 AM

I wonder how many people will donate now...

Not many - Mozilla Foundation Donate page still doesn't show Bitcoin as an option for donating. There are only Visa and PayPal links.
Rampton

Activity: 525

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 11:56:33 AM

Not many - Mozilla Foundation Donate page still doesn't show Bitcoin as an option for donating. There are only Visa and PayPal links.

Weird. It's a bit like that with wikipedia. The option to donate in bitcoins is really hard to find. It's like they almost don't want you to donate to them. Maybe they will make the bitcoin donation option more prominent shortly. I'd like to see bitcoin donations come rolling in as it is good press and other companies may take note.

LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 03:49:50 PM

Weird. It's a bit like that with wikipedia. The option to donate in bitcoins is really hard to find. It's like they almost don't want you to donate to them. Maybe they will make the bitcoin donation option more prominent shortly. I'd like to see bitcoin donations come rolling in as it is good press and other companies may take note.

yeah that sucks. i want to donate some bucks but they should embrace it like everything else.

botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 02:28:14 AM

I would have thought wikipedia and Mozilla would have been at the forefront of Bitcoin adoption.
Better late than never.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: