Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:40:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where are we today with ASIC Scrypt Hardware? (And my personal story)  (Read 4295 times)
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 02:09:25 PM

What are the daily earnings with a G-blade or with a G-black ? I am very interested to know this.

my gridseeds are still very profitable, thanks to Cointellect Cheesy Cheesy

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

How many gridseeds do you  have and how much are you earning per day.

Thanks.

I have 4 g-blacks and an A2 Mega (200 MH/s) and on WafflePool I make about .06 BTC/DAY.  SUCKS!!  That's is why all the mining hardware is up on E-Bay for sale right now.  Just not worth it.

SmartIphone
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 09:14:50 PM

What are the daily earnings with a G-blade or with a G-black ? I am very interested to know this.

my gridseeds are still very profitable, thanks to Cointellect Cheesy Cheesy

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

How many gridseeds do you  have and how much are you earning per day.

Thanks.

I have 4 g-blacks and an A2 Mega (200 MH/s) and on WafflePool I make about .06 BTC/DAY.  SUCKS!!  That's is why all the mining hardware is up on E-Bay for sale right now.  Just not worth it.

If you say so, then the earnings are very very bad. from what i see 4 x g-black consumes 2000w + 1000w the a2 and the earnings are not good.
Have you tried cointellect to mine just one day (24h) to see what are the earnings ?
hdmediaservices (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 09:33:30 PM

If I calculate right - that would be a total of 300Mh/s?  And making .06 BTC a day.  That seems a little low to me.

I'm finding about 400Mh/s can make you about .10 to .15 a day -- but that is if you choose the coins you mine and not use a multi pool that automatically converts to BTC.  There are so many variables -- hard to get it down to a solid number.  But you definitely cannot go on auto-pilot and expect to make a lot (at least in my experience).

madmartyk
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 09:37:03 PM

If I calculate right - that would be a total of 300Mh/s?  And making .06 BTC a day.  That seems a little low to me.

I'm finding about 400Mh/s can make you about .10 to .15 a day -- but that is if you choose the coins you mine and not use a multi pool that automatically converts to BTC.  There are so many variables -- hard to get it down to a solid number.  But you definitely cannot go on auto-pilot and expect to make a lot (at least in my experience).

It's 200, 4 X 25 on the G-Blacks and 1 X 110 on the A2.  Average about 200-205.  I'm getting out, I can buy BTC when it's low and play with what I need to.  Plus ComEd here has another rate hike coming!!

hdmediaservices (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 09:42:52 PM

If you say so, then the earnings are very very bad. from what i see 4 x g-black consumes 2000w + 1000w the a2 and the earnings are not good.
Have you tried cointellect to mine just one day (24h) to see what are the earnings ?

Why would anyone want to use Cointellect?  Just doing the math:

1.  They want you to pay $3714.54 USD (2999.95 Euros) -- to lease out 100Mh/s for 18 months?  Assuming they are around for 18 months.

2.  And they say you'll make $61.91 USD (50 Euros) a day in profit?  Or at todays pricing -- .1622 BTC a day?  For 100Mh/s?

Am I missing something here??  I can barely get .1622 BTC for 400Mh/s and I have to be very lucky with trading.

hdmediaservices (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 09:44:24 PM

It's 200, 4 X 25 on the G-Blacks and 1 X 110 on the A2.  Average about 200-205.  I'm getting out, I can buy BTC when it's low and play with what I need to.  Plus ComEd here has another rate hike coming!!

Ah ok - right… So .06 BTC per day using 200Mh/s -- that is comparable to what I get.
FreeJack2k2

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 10:09:25 PM

I've been on the sidelines since my Gridseeds stopped breaking even. I'm not happy with "cloud mining" as it exists currently, because there is zero transparency across the board. I don't see anyone offering metrics on the size of their farms, the percentage of hashrate leased, the uptime, power cost, or anything at all that is meaningful to people looking at buying hosted/cloud hashrate. People should be able to have some reasonable expectations when it comes to information about what they're buying, but companies like GAWMiners and others intentionally obscure it, or make it so convoluted that people aren't even sure exactly WHAT they're buying...buying nothing but marketing and hype, following the pied piper as a cult forms around him, everyone willing and eager to drink the Kool-Aid.

I like controlling my hashrate, seeing it and knowing exactly what it's doing. Unfortunately, hardware makers are still being allowed to gouge consumers with their exorbitant retail prices, because people are willing to pay it. Right now, with price and difficulty being where they are, I wouldn't pay more than $3.50/MH for Scrypt/Litecoin mining. Hence, I'm still on the sidelines until prices come down to what I consider to be a reasonable level...and I'll never, ever pre-order again. These things may never come to pass. In which case, I will take the money I would have spent on hardware and simply hold it in Litecoin for the long term. I enjoy mining though, so I hope things turn around. I don't like the cloud trend at all.
hdmediaservices (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 10:30:22 PM

I think once you see prices drop to $3.50 / Mh -- then the profit potential will drop as well, but right now we're at $4.50 / Mh with the hopefully Hashra Astro units (100Mhs @ $450 ea) shipping in the coming weeks.

We saw the profit potential for BTC slowly fade away -- and now there is none.

This will happen with Scrypt mining as well -- but luckily we have a gazillion different coins to choose from - so I haven't lost hope -- but then again -- I don't expect to get rich on this either.  Those days were gone a long time ago.  This should be considered a hobby for anyone buying miners.  But hey maybe we'll get lucky and BTC will hit $10k -- seems like a long shot to me though (or even $1k).

What concerns me though is all of the "Cloud Mining" stuff cluttering up the forums. 

It seems so many people are saying to try this company or that company -- and of course their affiliate code is attached to the link.  That is upsetting as the poster has something to gain by recommending one company over another.  Plus - if it sounds too good to be true -- you know it is!  People need to pull out their calculators and do the math. 

Honestly - if you want to mine with someone else's equipment -- use one of the sites that rents other peoples miners to you.

Totally transparent, you supply the parameters and pool and you get what you pay for.  I originally rented some of my Bitcoin miners on there and made some decent coin for a while.  There is MiningRigRentals and BetaRigs (just to name two).  I had a good experience with BetaRigs.  This is the way to go as you won't get scammed and you have full control.

madmartyk
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 11:06:38 PM

The days of pre-asic making $35 a day with 9 GPUs running is long gone!!!  I really like the A2-Mega, but I know I will never hit ROI with it.  This was a hobby, All in all it was a break even venture.  Totally enjoyable, but now if I need BTC I can just buy it.  Even the X-whatever the flavor is this week coins are in the dumps!!  Too many scam IPO's, scam premines, and scam promises.  It was fun!!  If your looking for equipment 3 of my G-Black are on E-Bay right now, and the A2 and one more G-Black (the one with 1/2 a dead blade) go up later tonight.

Good Luck all, it's been fun!!!

toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 04:22:08 AM

were  are the L1's I have cash to buy one to day . then one in a about a month time.

I think there is something fishy about the L1s.  I dunno - limited to two batches and then no more sales.  Plus - it is December and ANTMINER is silent on progress.

Is "Cloud Mining" killing take home units to hash with?

I'm hoping that Hashra will come through with their Astro unit.  It is selling at $450 from a US distributer and he accepts Paypal! 

HASHRA ASTRO - 100 MH/S - 600 WATTS +- 10% - 28nm CHIP - $450 - FREE SHIPPING

http://shop.lifeforce.info

I've got an order in for two units (and got a discount).  Fingers crossed on these, as I'd really like to by 10 of them.  The seller is on this forum a lot - respected - and can easily be contacted.

I saw that i may buy one I'll give the L1s a little longer then may just buy one of  the 450 $ astro and build founds sell off the high power usage zeus's  i have ..

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 04:24:53 AM

My plan extra trade the alt coins for btc and stack pile the BTC no need for  sha256 upgrades every three Month  or so the way alt coins work I won't .

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 04:29:34 AM

I think once you see prices drop to $3.50 / Mh -- then the profit potential will drop as well, but right now we're at $4.50 / Mh with the hopefully Hashra Astro units (100Mhs @ $450 ea) shipping in the coming weeks.

We saw the profit potential for BTC slowly fade away -- and now there is none.

This will happen with Scrypt mining as well -- but luckily we have a gazillion different coins to choose from - so I haven't lost hope -- but then again -- I don't expect to get rich on this either.  Those days were gone a long time ago.  This should be considered a hobby for anyone buying miners.  But hey maybe we'll get lucky and BTC will hit $10k -- seems like a long shot to me though (or even $1k).

What concerns me though is all of the "Cloud Mining" stuff cluttering up the forums.  

It seems so many people are saying to try this company or that company -- and of course their affiliate code is attached to the link.  That is upsetting as the poster has something to gain by recommending one company over another.  Plus - if it sounds too good to be true -- you know it is!  People need to pull out their calculators and do the math.  

Honestly - if you want to mine with someone else's equipment -- use one of the sites that rents other peoples miners to you.

Totally transparent, you supply the parameters and pool and you get what you pay for.  I originally rented some of my Bitcoin miners on there and made some decent coin for a while.  There is MiningRigRentals and BetaRigs (just to name two).  I had a good experience with BetaRigs.  This is the way to go as you won't get scammed and you have full control.

My thoughts on could mining really it will never replace the real deal having your own stuff to watch and play with .I tired could Ming don't care much for it . but that's me its just not the same .

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 04:47:34 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2014, 04:59:58 AM by toptek

Tip: rewire the zeus miner the wires don't get hot . Smiley ..  I rewired two thunder x6 from two pci 6 pins to four . i guess the  down side would be the PSU has to have to four pci plugs and all mine do or use two 500 gold psu. it lowered my power at the wall i think  maybe 30 watts each I'm still watching that to make sure.

Yes - I am definitely going to do that.  My PSU has at least 4 PCI-E connectors.  Meanwhile, I have a small fan pushing air over the wires and connectors to the PSU.  It seems to keep them cooler.

Any tips on converting a Zeusminer Lightning X6 into something that consumes maybe half the wattage?  Could you take this down to 18Mhs, by disconnecting a blade or something?  I just don't feel I get my moneys worth with this unit -- 950+ watts and maybe 36Mhs.

sorry no Zeusminer Lightning X6 so can't say, I'm staying with what i like to think is more in my pockets then in the power company's  packets . or try this https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=20477.0 it did in fact  breaks the power drain all zeus had grouped or not . I went back to 4.3.1 after tiring BFGMIner 5 today after like maybe 10 hours of use i started hitting the cap or power drain issue again. so went back to 4.3.1 BFG i will keep tiring any new BFG release and hope till then gonna use  4.3.1 and minera Smiley .

mullvads

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 05:03:11 PM

ya the L1 is coming out in the next week or so which will mine scrypt and scrypt-n coins https://bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020140830074550960Um75pnzg06E3

Chip Core Voltage: 0.81v

Chip Efficiency: 2.37J/MH on chip**

Hash Rate: 120MH/s ±5% with great over clocking & under clocking potential

Power Consumption: 380 Watt at the wall**

Network Connection: Ethernet

Complied with: FCC / CE
madmartyk
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 05:09:24 PM

ya the L1 is coming out in the next week or so which will mine scrypt and scrypt-n coins https://bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020140830074550960Um75pnzg06E3

Do you really think it will ship on time?  or at all?

mullvads

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 08:15:04 PM

Do you really think it will ship on time?  or at all?

I hope so since bitmain is known to ship on time
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 01:59:10 PM

Yes so unless you are doing this as a hobby or just for fun, you shouldn't ever consider any ASIC.

They are badly built, draw too much power, and will never ROI.
madmartyk
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 02:01:04 PM

Yes so unless you are doing this as a hobby or just for fun, you shouldn't ever consider any ASIC.

They are badly built, draw too much power, and will never ROI.

I'm keeping my 4 G-Blades around just for solo mining shit coins.  They are already made ROI.  The big ASICs are gone (along with the $175/mo electric bill).

redmonski

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 06:17:56 AM

Bitmain has just announced that they will not continue with the production of L1.

█▀▀▄░▄▀▀▄░▄▀▀▀░▄▀▀░▄▀▀▄░█░░░▄▀▀░▄▀▀▄░▀░█▄░█                           ✦ Crypto For The Layman ✦  •  ✦ Blockchain in a Safe Box ✦
█▀▀░░█▀▀█░░▀▀▄░█░░░█▀▀█░█░░░█░░░█░░█░█░█░▀█      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█░░░░█░░█░███▀░▀██░█░░█░███░▀██░▀██▀░█░█░░█         【Please mine on [url=https://pool.pascalpool.org/#
/]PASA 94028-93
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: