Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:34:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Keep your coins off the exchanges!! they use your funds to manipulate prices  (Read 2107 times)
spacelab (OP)

Activity: 528
Merit: 250

Nominex support

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 02:58:31 AM

Lips sealed
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 03:09:54 AM

I wouldn't be entirely surprised...
Sometimes ago, I wanted to withrdraw some BTC dust (0.2btc) from an exchange, the btc was at a peak value, it was impossible (got an error) was exactly the same for someone else I know. Everything got stuck for several hours and when the fund finally arrived to my local account, strangely enough the peak was over... so coincidence ? may-be, may-be not. I won't name the exchange, it is one of the respectable one, but that was really strange.

other story, there was recently a pump and dump on xmg on bittrex, I tried to send some xmg to sell, the coin got stuck as validating on the exchange until the end of the pump (2 to 3 hours)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 03:25:14 AM

This is good advice, I have noticed the same thing, lots of suspicious delays when prices are moving rapidly!
spacelab (OP)

Nominex support

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 03:46:43 AM

This is good advice, I have noticed the same thing, lots of suspicious delays when prices are moving rapidly!

Thanks, please help me spread the awareness! Hopefully people will take this advice seriously
spacelab (OP)

Nominex support

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 03:47:16 AM

Sometimes ago, I wanted to withrdraw some BTC dust (0.2btc) from an exchange, the btc was at a peak value, it was impossible (got an error) was exactly the same for someone else I know. Everything got stuck for several hours and when the fund finally arrived to my local account, strangely enough the peak was over... so coincidence ? may-be, may-be not. I won't name the exchange, it is one of the respectable one, but that was really strange.

other story, there was recently a pump and dump on xmg on bittrex, I tried to send some xmg to sell, the coin got stuck as validating on the exchange until the end of the pump (2 to 3 hours)

This seems to be a very common theme  Undecided
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 09:24:20 AM

funny the differenciation between "it is one of the respectable one" and on the other side standing "a pump and dump on xmg on bittrex"  Cool

I am not sure if there is any such thing as a respectable one, but bittrex for sure belongs into it's own not so nice cathegory.
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 09:53:45 AM

Can't agree more with the OP.
var53

Activity: 345

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 10:30:17 AM

This seems to be a very common theme  Undecided

I had exactly the same problem, and it was on one of the respectable exchanges. I ignored other people's similar complaints until it happened to me. Now it's got me thinking.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 11:01:04 AM

This seems to be a very common theme  Undecided

I have had that happen a LOT so many times that i actually stopped trading all together because of it.
It cost me a looooooot of money with it happening soooooo many times.

Exchange guys hit the pause button.. bingo your broke. Sad

I have brought this up ohh i dunno every day for 1.5 years ?
where the hell have you guys been ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 11:07:56 AM

This seems to be a very common theme  Undecided

I had exactly the same problem, and it was on one of the respectable exchanges. I ignored other people's similar complaints until it happened to me. Now it's got me thinking.

I have been saying that all along too !
You guys say ya ya bullshit your a FUD'er.. I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM blah blah blah..
until YOU get fucked over, again and again and again...

Cryptsy fed me a bullshit excuse about a Fork and Blue Coin way back and that was it i was done.
They paused the market while i waited for 12 hours for my coins to show up while the pump ended.
i have told that story far too many times to repeat it.. search the forum for the long version if needed lol

i have IRC logs i think of them doing that with Doge coin waaaay back with a million guys flipping out with missing coins
while Cryptsy staff hid and pretend the problem was fixed as one of them said that dared show his face LOL
and not only that they used a nobody we never heard of.. all the guys we know by name vanished for 2.5 weeks
while i watched guy after guy come in asking .. WHERE are my coins ?

And they won't open their mouth here about it either or those logs will get posted.. and trust me they don't want me to do that LOL

clowns.. the lot of them  Roll Eyes

I said the same damn thing about Mt. Gox non stop (going back to July 2013) endlessly too and sure enough.. Told ya so.. again LOL

FUD first & ask questions later™
EyesWideOpen

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 11:25:29 AM

Lips sealed

I opened the thread hoping for some exciting revelation, instead, just an idiotic smiley-face.
pikuchato

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Activity: yes

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:26:22 PM

Happened to me with BTER and COMM,

I tried to arbitrage for 5% and lost 50% Tongue

They sent my coins exactly when the pump was over (12 hours delay)
var53

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:31:10 PM

How long dd the delay last?
pikuchato

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Activity: yes

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:34:38 PM

I edited.. 12 hours.

I sent many tickets but no one responded and just after they sent my coins they replied with some "sorry we had a technical issue"
var53

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:43:00 PM

I edited.. 12 hours.

I sent many tickets but no one responded and just after they sent my coins they replied with some "sorry we had a technical issue"

12 hours is taking the piss. That's forever in crypto land.
LuckyBtc
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 01:39:41 PM

I keep my coins on exchange site but i'll withdraw asap lol
pajak666

Activity: 746
Merit: 502

Looking for advertising deal

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 07:51:32 PM

yup, I thought about it for a long time.
moving my coins now
Bansheroom

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 07:59:31 PM

You mixed something up, its the other way round, we put our coins to the exchanges to make all this buy and sell walls to manipulate the prices ourselves  Cool.

Always get cryptonews, free bitcoins, free altcoins and free mining opportunities: follow @Bansheroom on Twitter
Shinzi Fuki

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 08:18:06 PM

I've noticed this issue too at time. I've had it happen on a few exchanges too.
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 08:24:02 PM

BTER is not above having technical issues in these situations. I remember a similar episode with vertcoin. Have not done business with them since.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: