Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:15:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Flirt.Life website for dating online not online dating  (Read 73522 times)
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 05:03:59 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2015, 05:19:58 PM by drays

Also

I joined the site today...it appears to be approx 7 days old in its current format ( no posts prior to that)  was it existing before that? Not much activity

Notes

1 There are currently only 58 members as per Directory

2 i tested messages, pic upload and posting links.............. working OK

3 Easy to use but not much fun YET.... Unable to find a tipping option or FAQ

4 Created a space  It has options  private  or public  anyone can join  or invite only / request only etc.

5 Can see potential as a social/dating site...Particularly so many language options which opens up almost the whole planet as their market.

Could be the nxt twitter focusing on dating/social interaction ..worth a small punt and wait to see if they can market successfully.

Thanks for the input Qwerty We had a different layout and style before this one that was put up about a week ago. The old layout made news and events very attractive but sacrificed easy to use interfaces for socializing online.

A tipping function for Flirt needs to still be built in as does a lot of features such as match maker's or finders such as a tinder swipe game and suggested matches giving it that dating site feel rather then social networking.

Happy to hear you see it as a twitter and not a facebook the publicness of twitter or even a pinterest of sorts is much more what we are going for where you aren't limited by your networks to how many people you reach. There is more to build before we feel we can put this out there in a concentrated area like a college to get an initial user base to utilize it and actually find people they realistically could meet up with and go on a date with.

As far as the coin trading volume goes, very likely someone put a bot on it, but this coin wasn't a coin of the day for the first hit so they definitely paid some fees to coin swap. not all that sure of the reason.

And sorry the main chain is held up a resolution is being worked out. There is a disconnect between minerpools mining pool and the main node that is leading to one chain going on without the other. The place and fate for the coin or "Flirt" on the site is still to be determined. It may become an internal database/credit system and not a crypto currency at all since the block chain requires some overhead, work, and over site. As well as is a large target for attackers. The only use planned for the coin at this point is use on the site in the same fashion an internal system could handle. So being a trade-able crypto coin doesn't add much benefit but adds a lot of work and confusion to explaining the "flirt" concept of flirt life which hurts user acquisition. If the coin is removed though from the sites future plans flirt credit will be given in equal proportion to whats in your wallet for use on the site.

Opinions are welcomed on this while we plan on what to do concerning Flirtcoin. Perhaps some aspect we overlooked that makes having a crypto currency as a part of flirt life a better idea than an easily understandable internal credit system. If it's a better business decision then we'd do it that way as it is seen now though we can't say it is.

So do I understand correct that you consider abandoning this coin..? Of course you can use your own internal credit system. That would not be innovative, that is a way everybody does, and you will do just like everybody else... Having crypto coin as a payment system inside a website is kinda 'cool', but maybe thats just me thinking that way, maybe most of the users of the site don't care about technology (except for their cool expensive smartphones, which they worship). Maybe...

How you are going to give/sell the 'flirts' to users (if that is not a crypto currency)? Sell them via SMS/credit card/Paypal etc? If you keep the idea of having flirt as cryptocurrence, you could implement am easy way for users to buy it for BTC on the website itself, using the API of the exchange. Do you think users of the website could care about crypto and BTC, or flirting/dating is the only/main interest of target audience of the site? What about giving some Crypto/Bitcoin "flavour" to your dating site, I mean like have some more news related to crypto, and in general try to attract some attention from technology-oriented young folks, as well the ones who like the money decentralisation ideas and have some hippie/anarchist thinking specific to Bitcoin lovers? It could make this site unique. But again, you know your audience better, so this is just a thought.. you decide...

... this space is not for rent ...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 01:53:21 AM

Also

I joined the site today...it appears to be approx 7 days old in its current format ( no posts prior to that)  was it existing before that? Not much activity

Notes

1 There are currently only 58 members as per Directory

2 i tested messages, pic upload and posting links.............. working OK

3 Easy to use but not much fun YET.... Unable to find a tipping option or FAQ

4 Created a space  It has options  private  or public  anyone can join  or invite only / request only etc.

5 Can see potential as a social/dating site...Particularly so many language options which opens up almost the whole planet as their market.

Could be the nxt twitter focusing on dating/social interaction ..worth a small punt and wait to see if they can market successfully.

Thanks for the input Qwerty We had a different layout and style before this one that was put up about a week ago. The old layout made news and events very attractive but sacrificed easy to use interfaces for socializing online.

A tipping function for Flirt needs to still be built in as does a lot of features such as match maker's or finders such as a tinder swipe game and suggested matches giving it that dating site feel rather then social networking.

Happy to hear you see it as a twitter and not a facebook the publicness of twitter or even a pinterest of sorts is much more what we are going for where you aren't limited by your networks to how many people you reach. There is more to build before we feel we can put this out there in a concentrated area like a college to get an initial user base to utilize it and actually find people they realistically could meet up with and go on a date with.

As far as the coin trading volume goes, very likely someone put a bot on it, but this coin wasn't a coin of the day for the first hit so they definitely paid some fees to coin swap. not all that sure of the reason.

And sorry the main chain is held up a resolution is being worked out. There is a disconnect between minerpools mining pool and the main node that is leading to one chain going on without the other. The place and fate for the coin or "Flirt" on the site is still to be determined. It may become an internal database/credit system and not a crypto currency at all since the block chain requires some overhead, work, and over site. As well as is a large target for attackers. The only use planned for the coin at this point is use on the site in the same fashion an internal system could handle. So being a trade-able crypto coin doesn't add much benefit but adds a lot of work and confusion to explaining the "flirt" concept of flirt life which hurts user acquisition. If the coin is removed though from the sites future plans flirt credit will be given in equal proportion to whats in your wallet for use on the site.

Opinions are welcomed on this while we plan on what to do concerning Flirtcoin. Perhaps some aspect we overlooked that makes having a crypto currency as a part of flirt life a better idea than an easily understandable internal credit system. If it's a better business decision then we'd do it that way as it is seen now though we can't say it is.

So do I understand correct that you consider abandoning this coin..? Of course you can use your own internal credit system. That would not be innovative, that is a way everybody does, and you will do just like everybody else... Having crypto coin as a payment system inside a website is kinda 'cool', but maybe thats just me thinking that way, maybe most of the users of the site don't care about technology (except for their cool expensive smartphones, which they worship). Maybe...

How you are going to give/sell the 'flirts' to users (if that is not a crypto currency)? Sell them via SMS/credit card/Paypal etc? If you keep the idea of having flirt as cryptocurrence, you could implement am easy way for users to buy it for BTC on the website itself, using the API of the exchange. Do you think users of the website could care about crypto and BTC, or flirting/dating is the only/main interest of target audience of the site? What about giving some Crypto/Bitcoin "flavour" to your dating site, I mean like have some more news related to crypto, and in general try to attract some attention from technology-oriented young folks, as well the ones who like the money decentralisation ideas and have some hippie/anarchist thinking specific to Bitcoin lovers? It could make this site unique. But again, you know your audience better, so this is just a thought.. you decide...

Looks that way from my point of view seems like people make coins and then leave them. Who knows what the future holds for this coin but so far I don't see it going anywhere because their is not enough demand for it and theirs not enough going on for it to last in the alt world. Maybe if the Devs and team got together re worked it and promoted in correct places had some PR team and had a committed team to focuses on areas that need to be addressed the this coin could indeed get back on track but as of right now I do not see that happening. I have my own PR to do on another coin elsewhere. Just saying from experience. Want this coin to succeed put some more effort into it and not  just have small updates here and their.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
drays
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 11:06:20 PM

What is going on with this coin's blockchain..? It looks like there are at least three different forks at the moment:

1. flirt.minerpools.com is successfully mining blocks and is at block 25546 already!!
2. http://raq2.com was stuck somewhere, then I pointed my rig there, and it finds blocks, but no coins is received in my wallet!
3. The official block explorer (http://chain.flirt.life/) seems to be stuck for several days, and permanently shows block 22821 !

The wallet link in the OP/Block explorer is broken, it points nowhere. The old wallet, which I got from cryptocointalk.com Flirt thread, is working, but is also stuck on block 22821, and tells that there the last block is 2 days old. Coins from flirt.minerpools.com do not reach coin-swap.com, and seem to be lost somewhere, so probably coin-swap.com wallet is also on the Block Explorer's fork, and is stuck.

Could the Dev please look into this and fix this mess? I suppose the flirt.minerpools.com fork should be the correct one, as it is moving at least!

Flirt Coin (OP)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 10:31:42 AM

**UPDATE FOR FLIRTCOIN**

New wallet release coming shortly!

We are moving the network to a new port, adding some seed nodes and a few other updates to the core. All current wallets will still work, however you will need to make some changes to your flirtcoin.conf file or simply upgrade to the new release!

** Overview of Port Change **
We are moving the network from port 8333 to port 23532 . We have been seeing in our logs that bitcoin nodes are attempting to talk with our nodes since they both use the same ports. Moving to a new port will stop them from being able to connect.

** Current Block Chain **
No changes are being made to the blockchain at this time.

If you have any questions/comments please let me know!

A little #Flirting can take you a long way! Wink
Flirt Coin (OP)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 10:36:17 AM

What is going on with this coin's blockchain..? It looks like there are at least three different forks at the moment:

1. flirt.minerpools.com is successfully mining blocks and is at block 25546 already!!
2. http://raq2.com was stuck somewhere, then I pointed my rig there, and it finds blocks, but no coins is received in my wallet!
3. The official block explorer (http://chain.flirt.life/) seems to be stuck for several days, and permanently shows block 22821 !

The wallet link in the OP/Block explorer is broken, it points nowhere. The old wallet, which I got from cryptocointalk.com Flirt thread, is working, but is also stuck on block 22821, and tells that there the last block is 2 days old. Coins from flirt.minerpools.com do not reach coin-swap.com, and seem to be lost somewhere, so probably coin-swap.com wallet is also on the Block Explorer's fork, and is stuck.

Could the Dev please look into this and fix this mess? I suppose the flirt.minerpools.com fork should be the correct one, as it is moving at least!

flirt.minerpools.com has the most up to date chain that I can find. The issue appears to be syncing the block found there back to the rest of the network. We are making some updates (previous post) and will get the nodes back in sync with the most recent chain.

A little #Flirting can take you a long way! Wink
drays
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 06:43:10 PM

Glad to hear you are updating the wallet and going to fix the blockchain issues! When do you plan to do that?

I can see you fixed the wallet link in the OP and on the block explorer. Is it the latest updated wallet, or the latest update is not posted yet?

Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:00:10 PM

you lost your exchange, coin-swap has basically shut down
drays
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 03:22:23 PM

Please sync to the blockchain fork the Coin-swap is using, so we could withdraw the funds to PC wallet!

Or probably you could contact coin-swap for them to re-sync their wallet to your node.. People have funds there!

drays
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:09:59 PM

Dev, please do something, as if Coin-swap closes, no-one could get their coins! We need to repair the blockchain and sync the main node to the nodes coin-swap.net is using. Or make the coin-swap sync to the main node, but the main node needs to be repaired first, so it moves!

minerpools.com is on different fork, and though it has higher block height, but as the most of the FLIRT coins are at the coin-swap, I believe the fork exchange is using should be considered as main one...

Could you contact coin-swap to sync the main node with them?

Hollowman338
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 10:10:24 PM

Too late. 

Coin-swap will delete/not save the private keys they hold for flirt as it is worthless. 

Dev is gone, and the network is completely unsecure, too many forks.

This project is toast.  Another bites the dust.   Cool
drays
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 10:34:41 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2015, 11:08:51 AM by drays

Coin-swap will delete/not save the private keys they hold for flirt as it is worthless.  

How do you know? Did they announce that? The wallet status on their site is "Healty", and the blockchain is moving properly on the fork they are using. Why do you think they should threat this coin in such way, while all other coins could be retrieved? I don't see any reason for this. Do you have some insider info..?

I hope the dev is not gone. He was on the forum few days ago, and also he seemed to be an honest and reliable person, not a scammer.

Hollowman338
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 01:06:03 AM

How do you know? Did they announce that? The wallet status on their site is "Healty", and the blockchain is moving properly on the fork they are using. Why do you think the should they threat this coin in such way, while all other coins could be retrieved? I don't see any reason for this. Do you have some insider info..?

I hope the dev is not gone. He was on the forum few days ago, and also he seemed to be an honest and reliable person, not a scammer.

this was a pump and dump that never got pumped. 

It's dead, Jim.

It happens.  Zero it out on your spreadsheet and move on.  There's nothing left to see here.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 01:22:26 AM

How do you know? Did they announce that? The wallet status on their site is "Healty", and the blockchain is moving properly on the fork they are using. Why do you think the should they threat this coin in such way, while all other coins could be retrieved? I don't see any reason for this. Do you have some insider info..?

this was a pump and dump that never got pumped. 

It's dead, Jim.

It happens.  Zero it out on your spreadsheet and move on.  There's nothing left to see here.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Hollowman338
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 01:29:35 AM

I'm actually enjoying how much I've pissed your dumbass off  Cheesy
drays
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:03:28 PM

http://flirt.life/ website is down for few days already... Indeed it looks like the owner gave up. Thats a shame.

Hollowman338
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:11:21 PM

http://flirt.life/ website is down for few days already... Indeed it looks like the owner gave up. Thats a shame.

services dead, and the network is dead as well, I think one person is mining it, no blocks in days.

RIP shitcoin.
drays
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:49:51 PM

services dead, and the network is dead as well, I think one person is mining it, no blocks in days.

RIP shitcoin.

There is a working fork of this coin, and it is at block 28578 and moving regularly. Coin-swap.net is at that fork, and the wallet status is "Healthy". There is a working node (can list it here is someone interested), and coins could be retrieved from Coin-swap, if someone wants to. So the network is not dead, just block explorer is stuck, minerpools.com is mining at wrong fork, and the most importantly - the Dev is playing dead... Looks like he screwed up, and stopped all his activities, including website and whole project. So the coin is not dead, its the Dev who is killing the coin by not his inactivity (and there is actually very little effort which needs to be done to save the network of this coin).

Harwood

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 05:20:47 AM

I have a lot of the coins from being an early miner. I am keeping the full wallet up, though it is not on a public fixed IP. I would add that node if you would let me know, PM if you wish. I might put one on a public fixed just to help the coin.
Harwood

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 05:34:07 AM

Okay I put it on a public facing server.

Here is the .conf file I am using:
port=23532
addnode=192.99.111.226
addnode=66.175.212.66

My system's IP is 108.53.29.62 for the purpose of addnode.

If I am doing something wrong I am open to hearing about it.
drays
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 11:35:37 AM

Okay I put it on a public facing server.

Here is the .conf file I am using:
port=23532
addnode=192.99.111.226
addnode=66.175.212.66

My system's IP is 108.53.29.62 for the purpose of addnode.

If I am doing something wrong I am open to hearing about it.

I suppose your wallet is stuck now, with last block found weeks ago.. right?
The nodes you listed are dead for many weeks, one of them is the official one, and dev did not do anything to recover it yet..

The only working node currently is this: 91.121.165.120:8333. I found it from Coin-swap guys. The blockchain there is moving regularly and is ahead of all other forks I know. Try to re-sync to that node, and if you have your public, there will be at least two correct moving nodes in the network, so people could get their funds from Coin-swap to their local wallets.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: