Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:04:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What I've learned about pushpool  (Read 2468 times)
dikidera (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2011, 06:02:01 PM

I suggest we contribute in this topic knowledge of how to make pushpool work.

So far I've learned through trial and error that you should compile the source from the tarball. Doing it from git could take hours and you might still not compile it.

I've learned that you need sqlite3-dev and you must create the tables yourself. There is in the tarball, an example config file which i am yet to fully decipher.

I've talked to Luke-Jr and he said, that he wrote the core of pushpool. I am asked him if he wrote it in C(the language pushpool is written in). He said, no. He also said, it's some kind of other files...but not written in C

Any other contributions to make it work?

My aim here is to make a 'How to' tutorial on how one can compile and create his own pool down to the tables he should make.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xf2_org

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 17, 2011, 08:08:39 PM

I've talked to Luke-Jr and he said, that he wrote the core of pushpool.

Incorrect.  I wrote 99% of pushpool.

Nesetalis

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2011, 08:11:34 PM

so would you share some information on this xf2_org?

ZOMG Moo!
xf2_org

View Profile
May 17, 2011, 08:19:15 PM

so would you share some information on this xf2_org?

What information do you seek?

pushpool source code, and the change history, have always been available publicly:  https://github.com/jgarzik/pushpool
dikidera (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2011, 08:44:22 PM

Incorrect.  I wrote 99% of pushpool.

As far as i know, jgarzik wrote the pool. What luke meant by that, is that after he set up the pool, he wrote the "core". I find it hard to believe that since he till this day had no front end(although i still know not what he meant by "core").
I also want to know, after i start pushpool. What tables must be made and their structure with their datatypes.
How does the pool pay the user's earned Bitcoins(does it come out of my pocket?)
xf2_org

View Profile
May 17, 2011, 09:03:11 PM

pushpool users thread: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=8707.0
Luke-Jr
Legendary
expert

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
May 18, 2011, 01:24:52 PM

No, I said I wrote the core code for Eligius. Pushpool is only one part of a pool, it is not the whole pool.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: