Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:02:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do bitcoin supremacists have to say about the recent P'nD of BTC?  (Read 1580 times)
smalltimer (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 06:15:32 AM

I thought that would only and exclusively happen in worthless shitcoins and never ever, not even once in bitcoin. Now it is official: Bitcoin is a pump and dump vehicle like every other pennystock. What's your thoughts on the okcoin-whale being sick of it and pump and dump it on the bubble-nutcases? I am particularly interested in the opinion of cultist hodlers of the inner circle.

Feel free to share

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 06:34:40 AM

Protip: this isn't the first time Bitcoin has been pump and dumped.

Some people made out like bandits though, adding BTC to their stash both during the pump and the dump. 
xDan

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 10:50:51 AM

Welcome to Bitcoin, please fasten your seatbelt and enjoy the ride.

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
DeadCoin

Activity: 1246
Merit: 261

★ Investor | Trader | Promoter

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 10:54:09 AM

I thought that would only and exclusively happen in worthless shitcoins and never ever, not even once in bitcoin. Now it is official: Bitcoin is a pump and dump vehicle like every other pennystock. What's your thoughts on the okcoin-whale being sick of it and pump and dump it on the bubble-nutcases? I am particularly interested in the opinion of cultist hodlers of the inner circle.

Feel free to share

Of course it is, you're a bit slow if you realized it just now.
ravenjt

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:41:12 PM

The P'n'D is the very essence of its value. BTC is a wealth redistribution mechanism from overly wealthy idealist dreamers in the West, to shrewd, but currently poor, market manipulators in China. After each pump, the idealists convince themselves that the next stage in the Moon, buy in at the peak, then the shrewd manipulators dump.
Newbie1022

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 01:19:48 PM

Feel free to share

Of course it is, you're a bit slow if you realized it just now.

Nailed it!
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 02:33:59 PM

Here's another pro tip: be wary of something "trending", as it was probably artificially created in the first place.

Case in point:

1.  ChangeTip started "trending" around November 1st, right around the time a small uptrend was "happening" in bitcoin.  Hmmm..

2.  ChangeTip goes "viral" within 24 hours.  Bitcoin starts a steeper uptrend.  Hmmm...

3.  Bitcoin goes parabolic (albeit briefly) on November 11th.  (The pump)  Hmmm...

4.  Where we are now (the dump).  Yep.

See a pattern?  You really think that ChangeTip went viral in the first place without a little "help"?  It was all cleverly engineered by the whales, a plan in the making.  These are the same nutjobs that spread fake news/FUD as well.

alexeft
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 04:29:44 PM

What did you people find out here? That markets are unstable?
That a trend is a trend until it is not???

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Liberalism, the right to be ..... dizzy!!!  Cheesy
paddox

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 09:56:14 PM

Generally pump and dump coins are only pumped and dumped once because they become worthless afterwards. People who have bitcoins dumped on them during price highs might have to wait over a year for their coins to worth more than they paid for them, but they do become more valuable. Bitcoin offers the opportunity to make money even if you have bitcoins dumped on you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: