Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:48:31 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost some XRP  (Read 1033 times)
bitcoinrocks (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 03:50:13 PM

I transferred a small amount of XRP to the online Ripple wallet a long time ago and now I can't remember my passphrase.  Just thought I'd run this by you guys before I write it off.  I'm screwed right?
The Chainmaker

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 05:06:50 PM

well, there is a seed if you have that stored.

but I think it is all encrypted locally so it isn't like you can just call Ripple and ask them to release it, they don't even know the password as far as I know.

If it can be digitized, it should be decentralized
God27

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

The 4th industrial revolution!

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 05:43:24 PM

I transferred a small amount of XRP to the online Ripple wallet a long time ago and now I can't remember my passphrase.  Just thought I'd run this by you guys before I write it off.  I'm screwed right?

Can't remember your pass phrase or secret address.  Then yea your xrp is in the black hole in the middle of the Milky Way.

fast2fix
Legendary

Activity: 1612
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 06:32:49 PM

if you remember your pass phrase or have saved somewhere else then you can obtain your xrp easily if not you can't.  :/
var53

Activity: 345
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 08:43:05 PM

if you remember your pass phrase or have saved somewhere else then you can obtain your xrp easily if not you can't.  :/

If you linked your ripple wallet to an email address then there might be a way to get them back, otherwise I don't think it's possible.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 01:28:59 AM

Can you not remember your passphrase or is it the one you think it is not working?
I say this because of late many of my wallets where I 100% know both name and passphrase don't work. Two didn't work for ages (as if username didn't exist or passphrase was wrong), then 2 days ago I could access again.

summary of late ripples been dodgy as.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: