Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:17:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Dangerous situation with unconfirmed transactions!  (Read 2770 times)
maniacmusic

Activity: 80
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 06:46:03 AM

I also have a unconfirmed transaction that is from 2014-12-14 20:24:54.
https://blockchain.info/tx/0675404580999467a409ac712d346f2f0be6756cbbcfcc93aeaf9c321528d87b

it was sent from a blockchain wallet. I see you guys are talking about low fees, but there isn't a fee input field when you send the BTC.
it's just the address field and the amount field. What shall I do with this transaction???

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4680

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 03:36:39 PM

https://blockchain.info/tx/0675404580999467a409ac712d346f2f0be6756cbbcfcc93aeaf9c321528d87b

it was sent from a blockchain wallet. I see you guys are talking about low fees, but there isn't a fee input field when you send the BTC.
it's just the address field and the amount field. What shall I do with this transaction???

The transaction is now confirmed.

It did not include a transaction fee, which is why it took so long.

The blockchain.info software that you are using has a bug in it.  I thought that blockchain.info fixed that bug a long time ago.  Are you running the latest version of their software?
exoton

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 03:31:22 AM

The transaction is now confirmed.

It did not include a transaction fee, which is why it took so long.

The blockchain.info software that you are using has a bug in it.  I thought that blockchain.info fixed that bug a long time ago.  Are you running the latest version of their software?
Blockchain.info really does not use software in a sense that people have a choice which version they use (or even have any idea what version they are using). The majority (probably 99%+) of their users access their wallet service via their website and could really only use an "old" version if they are running it from the cashe in their browser.

In theory he could have used their software from github and host it locally, but I would kind of doubt he was doing this
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 05:40:18 AM

Blockchain.info really does not use software in a sense that people have a choice which version they use (or even have any idea what version they are using). The majority (probably 99%+) of their users access their wallet service via their website and could really only use an "old" version if they are running it from the cashe in their browser.

In theory he could have used their software from github and host it locally, but I would kind of doubt he was doing this

They have an iOS app, an Android App, and a Chrome Plug-in in addition to their website.

If the website was used, then the fee would have been included.  Therefore, it seems clear that he was using one of their other other clients.
maniacmusic

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 06:56:40 PM

i used the website version. that's why i was curious about the fee, since i haven't seen a place to enter the fee amount.
YinShuiSiYuan

Activity: 1680
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 01:26:12 AM

They have an iOS app, an Android App, and a Chrome Plug-in in addition to their website.

If the website was used, then the fee would have been included.  Therefore, it seems clear that he was using one of their other other clients.
I think it is actually the opposite. When I use iOS, I am "forced" to pay a fee (I assume the same is true for their android app). When you use their website (and probably their chrome extension) you have the option of using their 'custom send' feature where you can set the exact amount of the fee you wish to include

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 02:31:44 AM

I think it is actually the opposite. When I use iOS, I am "forced" to pay a fee (I assume the same is true for their android app). When you use their website (and probably their chrome extension) you have the option of using their 'custom send' feature where you can set the exact amount of the fee you wish to include

But he didn't seem to be using the "custom send" feature since he specifically said:

- snip -
there isn't a fee input field when you send the BTC.
it's just the address field and the amount field.
- snip -
exoton

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 01:43:22 AM

But he didn't seem to be using the "custom send" feature since he specifically said:

- snip -
there isn't a fee input field when you send the BTC.
it's just the address field and the amount field.
- snip -
He could be using the "quick send" feature on blockchain.info (however I understand this automatically adds in a fee based on your fee settings). The fee settings choices are Frugal, normal and generous. It would be possible that he is using the Frugal fee policy, but it should still add a fee if it calculates that the transaction will not confirm without a fee. I am not sure how the apps add the fee, however I do know that they do make you choose which address you are sending from so the OP is probably not using a phone app (unless it is a pre-apple banning bitcoin in the app store version).
maniacmusic

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 03:43:28 PM

As I mentioned before, I don't have any options to set the fee.. I just input the address and the amount I want to send. I never set any fee and this was the only time my payment didn't include the fee, thus the problems with the confirmation!
Thanks
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: