Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:02:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "Why Banks fear Bitcoin"  (Read 3075 times)
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 03:04:16 AM

I can only imagine that the banks must be furious of a system that they don't control. I'm pretty sure that much is true.

I addressed the owning issue earlier though. We both know that Bitcoin has no theoretical upper limit with regards to other currency (it could shoot to $1000 or $100000000000 per coin) and if some kind of tipping point occurred then the government (or anyone else for that matter) wouldn't be able to keep up with buying enough of it to maintain control.

Theorise what you like about if and what such a tipping point could cause this but it does render your argument that Bitcoin is currently irrelevant, umm, irrelevant.

It is scary to think that the government may be able to kill Bitcoin if needed, when something is really wanted they have troubles making it disappear though

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 04:31:49 AM

I wonder why the je-, i mean the banks fear bitcoin

https://i.imgur.com/rVKgMkx.jpg

Wow. Racist, homophobic, antisemitic etc. just in one picture

Exactly my impression too.

It's funny seeing far leftists work themselves up to a crying rage about pictures such as those.  Only people with an inferiority complex who actually see themselves as inferior are offended by such things.  Without revealing what race/species/phylum I am, if someone was to use a derogatory, all-inclusive term about my category, I simply would not care because I don't see myself as weak and pathetic as most liberals see themselves.

There's a reason freedom of expression exists in America.  Trying to censor opinions, no matter how good or bad they may be in the arena of popular opinion, takes you straight down the road of softcore Marxism (ie:  political correctness), to full blown Marxism.  Do you want to live in a Marxist police state?  Yes?  Then have fun supporting censorship against things you don't agree with and standing in a bread line.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
gustav

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 04:37:50 AM

banks which are smart are already in btc and don't fear it. The ones that are not will just come under the bus of history. That's all. Just the normal darwin-thing.
Redwan

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 04:41:15 AM

people can easily got scammed via bit coin that is why our country banned it.

< MONEY IS NOT EVERYTHING BUT EVERYTHING NEEDS MONEY > donate 14V9xuWy2fRzchkpK44ZeDbjdJprXLP2qC
spiderbrain
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1013

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 04:41:27 AM

+1

picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 04:58:45 AM

Exactly my impression too.

It's funny seeing far leftists work themselves up to a crying rage about pictures such as those.  Only people with an inferiority complex who actually see themselves as inferior are offended by such things.  Without revealing what race/species/phylum I am, if someone was to use a derogatory, all-inclusive term about my category, I simply would not care because I don't see myself as weak and pathetic as most liberals see themselves.

There's a reason freedom of expression exists in America.  Trying to censor opinions, no matter how good or bad they may be in the arena of popular opinion, takes you straight down the road of softcore Marxism (ie:  political correctness), to full blown Marxism.  Do you want to live in a Marxist police state?  Yes?  Then have fun supporting censorship against things you don't agree with and standing in a bread line.

The picture shows ignorance

people can easily got scammed via bit coin that is why our country banned it.

When the State bans something just to protect its people what it does is it shrinks its freedom. There has been many scams but Bitcoin is a great innovation that solves many problems and is a great tool of exchange. All new innovations bring change and opportunities so they bring new problems as well.
With Bitcoin, you have to study and be careful; it is how it is suppose to be if you want to be free. People use to care what their banks was doing with their money because they could lose it all so banks were generally more careful.
BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 06:48:35 AM

install digital electric meter in all home, impose that all electric appliances be connected to the digital electric meter- grid, make illegal any use of electricity that it's isn't approve by the gov, make hashers illegals (waste of energy under earth protection act)... to save the planet for the children so that rabbits aka people with 10 children that don't have the mean to raise them can make you feel guilty and so that you will have to sacrifice again what was left of what you owned (aka nothing).

money is faster...
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4468

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 07:14:11 AM

It's funny seeing far leftists work themselves up to a crying rage...  

---raging hissyfit rant---

Far leftists? LOL Spend your day watching Fox?

Crying rage? Take a look in the mirror.

The response of several posters to this pathetic picture is not about some silly little politics or "political correctness", it's about the tastelessness, self-loathing, xenophobia and inferiority complex of the person who posted it.

No one is advocating censorship, just laughing at the moron who posted it.

My response would have been the same if it had put down white male heterosexual Christians.

Get a life.
JimboToronto
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 07:16:02 AM

Ummm guys...all of you "tolerant" retards responding to that picture: You do realize he posted it intentionally in order to piss you all off, right?

It's called trolling, in case you were wondering.

We're all glad how cool and tolerant you all are. Your Facebook friends would be proud. But please, shut up.

You too.
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 07:54:29 AM

The response of several posters to this pathetic picture is not about some silly little politics or "political correctness", it's about the tastelessness, self-loathing, xenophobia and inferiority complex of the person who posted it.

You can clearly tell you're a Marxist when you use words such as xenophobia.  It's almost impossible to use that term without being one.  Typically any non-homogenous civilization collapses magnitudes faster than homogenous ones (Japan, China, etc, that just keep trucking for thousands of years).  America is only an experiment in this regard of "diversity", and most unbiased observers would consider that part of the experiment failed or failing.

Conversely, when Asian civilizations openly act "racist" and hostile towards foreigners, while also enacting laws to prevent their civilization to diverge from being homogenous, liberals high five them like, "oh hey, Asian culture, so cool!".  Then if a white civilization anywhere does it on a macro or even micro level, here comes the liberals throwing a tantrum saying, "oh, homogenous is bad, white people are bad, diversity is good!  whites can't be allowed to organize for common self interests!".

This is why liberalism collapsed and is only made up of white male hating lesbians, central planning communists, and other lunatics now.  There isn't a group of more hypocritical, double standard scumbags walking the planet than leftist liberals.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
BitMos

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 07:59:31 AM

You can clearly tell you're a Marxist when you use words such as xenophobia.  It's almost impossible to use that term without being one.  Typically any non-homogenous civilization collapses magnitudes faster than homogenous ones (Japan, China, etc, that just keep trucking for thousands of years).  America is only an experiment in this regard of "diversity", and most unbiased observers would consider that part of the experiment failed or failing.

Conversely, when Asian civilizations openly act "racist" and hostile towards foreigners, while also enacting laws to prevent their civilization to diverge from being homogenous, liberals high five them like, "oh hey, Asian culture, so cool!".  Then if a white civilization anywhere does it on a macro or even micro level, here comes the liberals throwing a tantrum saying, "oh, homogenous is bad, white people are bad, diversity is good!  whites can't be allowed to organize for common self interests!".

This is why liberalism collapsed and is only made up of white male hating lesbians, central planning communists, and other lunatics now.  There isn't a group of more hypocritical, double standard scumbags walking the planet than leftist liberals.

Let me tell you, I really like your tone, and it's not important if I like what you say or not, I will defend your right to express your opinions. And if the others side doesn't agree it will have too the same right. However, fools me once... Cheesy.

money is faster...
600watt (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 08:06:59 AM

forgot to make this self moderated. one cannot even talk about banks without inviting disgusting arseholes ( who not even talk about banking. maybe they ARE bankers?)
JimboToronto
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 08:13:20 AM

You can clearly tell you're a Marxist when you use words such as xenophobia.....There isn't a group of more hypocritical, double standard scumbags walking the planet than leftist liberals.

Um...okay.

Is that better?

r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 08:23:03 AM

forgot to make this self moderated. one cannot even talk about banks without inviting disgusting arseholes ( who not even talk about banking. maybe they ARE bankers?)

You forgot to ask yourself why the bankers love to financially bomb out people in the country they live in instead of maintaining only a sustainable level of parasitism?  This is already known to sociologists, it's called "The Florida Effect".  People in Florida studied were more likely to donate and go along with higher taxes and funding that benefited districts consisting of groups of their own ethnic origin, because they saw the money as being an investment in the future of their lineage.

The same phenomenon is true of bankers and financial people.  While some are just complete psychopaths, the majority are also governed by the Florida effect.  They are more likely to loot and plunder people who are completely disconnected from themselves on a DNA and cultural basis.  They don't see America as really belonging to anyone, just a big vault to loot.

Liberalism is essentially a destabilization process to de-homogenize and implode a country as fast as possible.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
JimboToronto
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 08:36:38 AM

What Bitcoin, and the even more promising Ripple network do, is not to poke a hole in banking’s basic business models—lending, deposits, trading, and money exchange—but to create the embryos for entirely new markets typically referred to as the Internet of Value.

That's where I stopped taking Undheim too seriously.
BitMos

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 08:41:48 AM

if you want to allocate resources first you need to extract them. It's like in the pool with the alligators, the dear energy will be extracted and reallocated in the crocodile, that will shit in the river feed the fishes, that will shit, feed the plants, the crocodile will die, feed the fish, feed the plants... the problem is when the crocodile tell the dear that it's for his own good...

money is faster...
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 10:41:57 AM

banks = rotten economy (still ruling)
bitcoin = healthy economy (slowly but steadily eating the cancer, converting rotten to healthy economy)

as simple as that.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 10:49:56 AM

bitcoin = healthy economy (slowly but steadily eating the cancer, converting rotten to healthy economy)

as simple as that.

Fastest way to get everyone on this forum labeled as a cult = portray Bitcoin as the solution to all the problems of society lol.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
600watt (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 12:24:50 PM

as simple as that.

Fastest way to get everyone on this forum labeled as a cult = portray Bitcoin as the solution to all the problems of society lol.

if you prefer banks, what tf are you doing here ?
FUR11

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 02:03:21 PM

I really wonder whether Western Union fears Bitcoin or they just thought that new WU/Bitcoin comparison was a stupid copyright/trademark infringement. It's interesting, I could really see them being at least somewhat alarmed by this. Especially Western Union, since I don't think banks per se will be in danger of becoming obsolete.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: