Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:51:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do regular people think about Bitcoin? Awesome video with funny responses.  (Read 2227 times)
SOAD

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 01:02:53 PM

Manipulation isn't as easy as you might think. Also, I think it was the exchanges doing the manipulating with bots buying and selling coins to each other that they never had. This is why some sort of decentralized exchange is needed to try stop this.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 01:16:37 PM

Manipulation isn't as easy as you might think. Also, I think it was the exchanges doing the manipulating with bots buying and selling coins to each other that they never had. This is why some sort of decentralized exchange is needed to try stop this.
There is a big difference between "It is not easy" and "it is not possible".
A lot of people here, don't seem to understand that.
It's like saying: "When we can send people to the moon, why don't we just send people to Mars?"

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
Bitcoin Seller

Activity: 567
Merit: 148

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 03:46:21 PM

Pretty nice video
now I 'am wondering about you guys of what you think about the old guy who said "people sitting and manipulating the price" Shocked 
I liked that old dude the most. He has some basic understanding, but later he says, he is just to old to look further into it.
But he is right about manipulation. Everything on free markets is manipulated these days.

The price was manipulated with fake trades on exchanges, but that's largely irrelevant as most things can be manipluated. The banks manipulate currencies and traders manipulate stocks and shares.

If they can manipulate it , why not just rise  the price and sell their coins ? Shocked don't really get it
1. because they make more money with volatility.
2. There are limits how much they can manipulate it. They can not just make 1 BTC=1 Million USD in one day.

Hmm , I guess I understand much better how those exchange & trading website works. :p thanks mate
TKeenan

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 07:42:35 PM

These aren't regular people, they are Dutch.
1playercom

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 07:50:26 PM

In USA 95% or more would say what is it?

I may use my iphone to show how in the USA no one knows what it is for the most part.
Slunt

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 07:53:01 PM

Haha. What is that meant to mean? Is it good or bad?
pgbit

Activity: 771
Merit: 258

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 07:55:06 PM

In USA 95% or more would say what is it?

I may use my iphone to show how in the USA no one knows what it is for the most part.
Please lets see this done in a range of countries...

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
TKeenan

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 08:18:44 PM

Haha. What is that meant to mean? Is it good or bad?
It means Dutch aren't regular.  'Good' or 'bad' that is left up to you. 
KarstenNilsen (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 11:16:00 PM

Dutch are good Cheesy
Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 11:27:18 PM

I resent the implication that being involved in bitcoin makes me an irregular person. That's like saying only average IQ people are "regular", fuck that. I'm the normal one, it's the clueless plebeian masses that are borderline-retarded slaves!

I quite like being a couple of sigma off all round.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 05:38:48 AM

Last week a client approached me for writing Bitcoin news for his site. When I tried to hire a writer, I asked him if he knew bitcoin. He said and I am quoting "Is it the new app from Apple?"  Shocked

Tual02

Activity: 27

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 08:35:21 AM

Anyway, have a good start Smiley
Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 12:44:31 PM

Last week a client approached me for writing Bitcoin news for his site. When I tried to hire a writer, I asked him if he knew bitcoin. He said and I am quoting "Is it the new app from Apple?"  Shocked

Shoulda said it's exactly that, a clone of flappy bird, where you have to keep pushing peoples buttons to make it stay up and not crash. Cheesy

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
OhMyCoin

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

Long live Bitcoin.

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 12:57:26 PM

I liked this older man a lot, especially the way he says he's too old for following the advance in technology, but at the same time provides some of the most adequate responses (which just shows that he follows the news, after all).
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 12:59:57 PM

"Doesn't really exist", should have explained fractional reserve lending to him (would have blown his tiny little mind).

Yup, but at the end of the day, most people will think that something exist given his impact on his daily life. When people go out and everyone accepts dollar and they can buy/sell anything for dollars, it's very real and it's very hard to argue with them how "bitcoins are more real" so to speak.
V8x8d

Activity: 212
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 03:24:35 PM

"Doesn't really exist", should have explained fractional reserve lending to him (would have blown his tiny little mind).

Yup, but at the end of the day, most people will think that something exist given his impact on his daily life. When people go out and everyone accepts dollar and they can buy/sell anything for dollars, it's very real and it's very hard to argue with them how "bitcoins are more real" so to speak.

Agreed (well €), however under that criteria does Gold exist? It is unlikely he has ever owned or traded Gold either. People fail to understand that they are creditors of the bank and therefore subject to counter-party risk. As for the FDIC protecting all deposits, well that's just laughable (why the need to implement Global bank bail-in procedures).
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: