Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:46:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to partner with others to make a new/better cryptocurrency  (Read 1551 times)
Bitcoinlover123 (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 07:40:31 PM

I know what your thinking, "There are already so many other alt coins, why add another useless one". I answer to you in saying, those other alt coins are unorganized, have to many problems, and have no potential. I want to join together with others to brainstorm, develop, and create a brand new ALT coin. If you have an idea or you want to be a part of this, say something. I want to make a coin that is simple to use and understand. With so many other coins out there its hard to know which is better. I want to make one that will stand out and grow with a devoted and amazing community.

A new coin needs:
*A dedicated development team
*Enough supporters
*Ideas to keep the coin alive for long periods of time

What do you say, lets make a new crypto currency that will benefit everyone.
Why not just join an existing coin with a lot of development and a good community?
That would be a logical direction to go, but I have found others with the same views that I have regarding making a new coin. If early developers would have just joined Bitcoin instead of making better coins, then we would not have these new innovative coins.

Bringing the love back into crypto
Bitcoinlover123 (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 07:53:17 PM

Why not join an existing coins team? I am sure there are a few that really could use the dev help and are not scams or BS coins.
I thought of that, but the ones I've seen don't share my views. So I decided to see who would be willing to come together to make a new one.

What are your views? and how would you make the Coin secure and profitable? Also, it will be very hard with a newbie account, how many Coins have you actually checked out? Sources? Ideas? How will people know you aren't going to fleece them?
Those are great questions. And I hope I can give you great answers. One page of coins that I've used include: Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Peercoin, Feathercoin, Quarkcoin, Spreadcoin, Maxcoin, Anoncoin, Darkcoin, Vertcoin, Worldcoin, Mintcoin. And thats just one page haha. I have quite experience with many different kinds of coins. I look at every level of a coin, from the one who sends the coin, down to people who mine the coin. I want a coin that anyone can use with ease. Where any person on any OS can send, receive, and mine the coin. I know its hard to get all of this done, But it can be done. I don't want a get rich quick coin. I want a more stable, easier to use, and full proof coin. I hope this sums up what my views are. If your interested, don't hesitate to comment. I'll accept both positive and negative comments Smiley.

Bringing the love back into crypto
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 03:09:26 PM

Why not join an existing coins team? I am sure there are a few that really could use the dev help and are not scams or BS coins.
I thought of that, but the ones I've seen don't share my views. So I decided to see who would be willing to come together to make a new one.

What are your views? and how would you make the Coin secure and profitable? Also, it will be very hard with a newbie account, how many Coins have you actually checked out? Sources? Ideas? How will people know you aren't going to fleece them?
Those are great questions. And I hope I can give you great answers. One page of coins that I've used include: Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Peercoin, Feathercoin, Quarkcoin, Spreadcoin, Maxcoin, Anoncoin, Darkcoin, Vertcoin, Worldcoin, Mintcoin. And thats just one page haha. I have quite experience with many different kinds of coins. I look at every level of a coin, from the one who sends the coin, down to people who mine the coin. I want a coin that anyone can use with ease. Where any person on any OS can send, receive, and mine the coin. I know its hard to get all of this done, But it can be done. I don't want a get rich quick coin. I want a more stable, easier to use, and full proof coin. I hope this sums up what my views are. If your interested, don't hesitate to comment. I'll accept both positive and negative comments Smiley.

I like your candor, you want to help me with the project I have been working on? I joined up with ColossusCoin nearly a year ago with the same aspirations because it's just cool to run a Coin, but the code was not done well and would be better to create a whole new Coin. I've never really invested much, I have a regular job with my own bills and stuff and have really only spent money on learning aspects (compiling, a few test coins, some nodes) and just being around for such a long time, I run the forums along side the creator of the forums.

Here is a post I made a couple weeks ago asking for help with a fair bit more relevant information https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=842940.0

What you are going to find in your quest is that first and foremost, everyone is only about making a million dollars overnight and most, if not all of your replies would talk about some kind of help but you will be pulling teeth unless you are handing out money hand over fist. It's all well and good to want to make a Cryptocurrency that is easy to use, everyone wants to do that but the question is also how can you make it profitable over the long-term for investors? provide steady income for Development of the platform? and have it remain secure?

If you want some help, I am here and will help you with a bunch of resources in order to help you learn and won't charge you anything. You will need to be diligent with your own security, anonymity and working through problems on your own while being good at answering peoples questions, concerns and not being eaten alive by trolling. It is good to be active on Bitcointalk but if you just rely on doing it all here, eventually you are going to get drowned out by the ever-increasing threads being created. We have a set of useful forums with resources available but if you decide you want to do your own project instead and still be involved, that's cool too.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: