Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:26:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New coin from GAWminers. What do people think?  (Read 991 times)
piike2323 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 09:07:22 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2014, 03:41:57 AM by piike2323

Is this a big deal or a big bust. Should I have this on my mind or should I just expect to get ripped-off really hard. I would like peoples Opinion on this. The thing is that bitcoin is still moving along way too fast. Even though its expected to last about 100 years the difficulty keeps rising too quickly to justify purchasing any miners weather virtual or physical. The coins value will just keep dropping because the feds continuing hunt for "silk road" type sites in effort to seize coins and auction them out. There is an auction coming up next month. So tell me why I shouldn't consider GAWminers new coin.
XFire

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 10:13:29 PM

You spelled coin (cloin) wrong in the topic title. Just saying. I think their new coin has merits that make it worth while. I don't think it will take down BTC though.
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 10:23:31 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2014, 10:50:20 PM by e-coinomist

Is this a big deal or a big bust. Should I have this on my mind or should I just expect to get ripped-off really hard. I would like peoples Opinion on this. The thing is that bitcoin is still moving along way too fast. Even though its expected to last about 100 years the difficulty keeps rising too quickly to justify purchasing any miners weather virtual or physical. The coins value will just keep dropping because the feds continuing hunt for "silk road" type sites in effort to seize coins and auction them out. There is an auction coming up next month. So tell me why I shouldn't consider GAWminers new coin.

I am looking out for these auctions. There was Silkroad 1 and later Silkroad 2, and some assets seized from Pirateat40. Other minor incidents like seized darknet sites for hosting whatever stuff was low volume, doesnt matter much.

Then there was the MtGox desaster which will likely result in some governmental coin sales? Or is MK dumping our coins in private?

Far to many coins are inside hands where not belonging.

Do you know what happend with the lost BTC's from the MT.GOX fiasco ? Karples was caught using Blockchain.com to send them into smaller address almost down to 10btc.

Don't believe me ? Google it.
piike2323 (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 11:29:07 PM

You spelled coin (cloin) wrong in the topic title. Just saying. I think their new coin has merits that make it worth while. I don't think it will take down BTC though.

Sorry about the spelling. MY fingers don't seem to go where I want them to. I agree with you. From reading their whitepaper and other post it sounds very good but this could just end up being like every other coin out there; hardly any value and just simply gets traded for bitcoins.
piike2323 (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 11:39:32 PM

@e-coinomist:

Couldn't they just sell them at the exchanges like everybody else? They could sell a little at a time at multiple exchanges over a long period of time and they will still make money.

The gov is messing up the coins value on purpose to make a quick buck. They are not shutting down these sites for justice or to protect anybody. I believe they are just simply trying to cash in on bitcoins while its still valuable. If bitcoin crashes in the process they wouldn't give a damn. That's just how I feel I don't really have proof.
zk-SNARK

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 11:43:38 PM

Sorry about the spelling. MY fingers don't seem to go where I want them to. I agree with you. From reading their whitepaper and other post it sounds very good but this could just end up being like every other coin out there; hardly any value and just simply gets traded for bitcoins.

Edit your 1st post and you can change the op title as well. For the most part most coins get traded for bitcoins. Regarding op I think for the next few years no other coin will seriously challenge BTC as the prime coin but a lot will co exist with it.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 01:39:30 AM

Hard to say how Gaw's Paycoin will make out.

I picked up a few hashlets just in case. If the coin fails I can mine something else or sell out.

Not a huge risk. Not like buying the newest ICO in the ANN section offered by some kid in his parent's basement (for all I know).

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
Shinzi Fuki

Activity: 40

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 01:54:22 AM

I picked up 500 coins just in case it really does go somewhere. Seemed decent enough to venture a small buy in it.
Inception-

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 06:32:00 AM

I think this is a better coin to buy than some of those ico's I saw last week. This has a real company behind it and they deal in mining coins so it's a good fit. I'm in.  Cool
Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 07:11:11 AM

Here is an interesting article. Is GAW lying about its supposed 'partnerships' with big companies? The companies themselves claim they are not involved at all:

https://coinfire.cf/2014/11/22/is-gaw-miners-lying-about-partnerships/

Just going to leave this here.
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 05:09:57 PM

Here is an interesting article. Is GAW lying about its supposed 'partnerships' with big companies? The companies themselves claim they are not involved at all:

https://coinfire.cf/2014/11/22/is-gaw-miners-lying-about-partnerships/

Just going to leave this here.

I didn't visit the link.

I didn't think GAW was releasing any details about the "partnerships" till after the ICO. This in itself gave me doubts from the getgo.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: