Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:27:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][OpenSource] CryptoNotify - Desktop Notifications for Bittrex Trades  (Read 3945 times)
Justinj100 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 12:39:11 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2014, 01:33:25 AM by Justinj100

I am happy to announce the release of

CryptoNotify

Desktop Bittrex Trade Notifications

INTRODUCTION
CryptoNotify is an easy to use, easy to configure desktop application that will provide nearly instant alerts for completed trades that occur on the Bittrex Exchange.  Rather than needing to log in and check your account to see if an order has filled, CryptoNotify can alert you by a popup window, from the system tray, and/or by a "Ca-Ching!" sound.

REQUIREMENTS
CryptoNotify works by monitoring your account using the private API provided by Bittrex. In order to do this, the program will need a set of working read-only API keys. API keys are specified in the settings menu. To get or generate a set of API keys, go to "Settings" and then "API Keys" in the upper right hand corner of the Bittrex Website. Turn off all options other than "Read Info". CryptoNotify does not send your API keys anywhere or transmit them in any fashion. Without a working set of API keys, CryptoNotify will not function.

FEATURES
Fully configurable notification options allow you to be alerted via:

+ Popup window on the desktop
     + System tray message
     + Sound alert
     + Simple user interface with connection status information
     + Minimizes to the system tray so you can set and forget.
     + You can select one, two, or all options in any combination that suits your needs.

DOWNLOADS
Binary (.exe) is available here https://github.com/JJ12880/CryptoNotify/releases
Source code is available on GitHub here  https://github.com/JJ12880/CryptoNotify

INSTALLATION
No installation necessary. CryptoNotify was designed to run from a single .exe file for speed and ease of use. CryptoNotify.exe will generate all the resources it needs at runtime.

CryptoNotify works by monitoring your account using the private API provided by Bittrex. In order to do this, the program will need a set of working read-only API keys. API keys are specified in the settings menu. To get or generate a set of API keys, go to "Settings" and then "API Keys" in the upper right hand corner of the Bittrex Website. Turn off all options other than "Read Info". CryptoNotify does not send your API keys anywhere or transmit them in any fashion. Without a working set of API keys, CryptoNotify will not function.

OPEN SOURCE
Because of the many fraudulent programs that have been released in the past, I am releasing CryptoNotify as open source. Anyone may view the code and verify that it contains nothing malicious at all.  It can be built as is from the sources listed below, using Visual Studio 2012.

CURRENT VERSION
     + The current version is v0.9-beta.2.1

PLANNED FEATURES
     + Ability to send alerts via Email
     + Ability to send alerts via SMS
     + Support for sending alerts from user specified email account via POP or SMTP servers.

A NOTE FROM THE DEV

Greetings Everyone!

I wrote CryptoNotify out of frustration because I was continually missing trade opportunities because I did not know my orders had filled.  I am a full time student, and am applying to nursing school, so as you can imagine I really had no way to monitor my orders.  This program has worked well for me, and I hope that you find it just as useful has I have.  I took one class in VB.net about 6 years ago, and the rest I have taught myself.  I welcome comments, constructive criticism, and feature suggestions.

If you can, please consider donating to the BTC address listed in the contact section or on the main page of the program. I have spent a considerable amount of time testing, coding, and testing again to get this program ready for release. I have a considerable amount of school loans, and any help would be greatly appreciated.  My goal is to continue to develop CryptoNotify as bugs are found, and as suggestions and feature requests are received. In a way, I feel like my first child just got their drivers licence, and is now out all alone in the big world. Please treat my program and myself with respect.

May your trades be ever in your favor!

JJ12880

CONTACT
     + JJ12880 cryptonotify@gmail.com
     + CoinBlab http://coinblab.com/profile/JJ12880
     + GitHub https://github.com/jj12880
     + BTC: 13zcYHbYgbLScCE8BWZZ1SZZ6mdmqEbMyz

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
     + Many Thanks to ganastor for early beta testing, ideas, and bug hunting/squashing
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ganasinator

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 02:16:58 PM

Thanks a ton for making this man... way easier than having to refresh bittrex pages to see if my orders went through. Keep up the good work!
Justinj100 (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 11:46:48 PM

I am working on an update to enable notifications for partially filled orders, and some minor bug fixes. Any feature suggestions would be appreciated!
Justinj100 (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 01:52:36 AM

UPDATE

Version v0.9-beta.2.2 Available!
New Version will now alert when orders partially fill.

Get the latest release from GitHub
https://github.com/JJ12880/CryptoNotify/releases/tag/0.9-beta.2.2

- JJ12880
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: