Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:52:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Transcendence" a $750 Bitcoin Art Piece  (Read 8818 times)
WoodCollector (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 01:58:22 AM

Front

Reverse

Commissioned by: ducatitalia
Material: Grade AAAA Cocobolo with Purpleheart base
Price: $750 usd

Transcend into the reimagination of economics...the reinvention of finance...the transition from centralized exploitation to individual empowerment as ducatitalia once said. This piece represents the infinite movement of BTCitcoin as it elicits curiosity into places unknown.

Transcendence was carved from Cocobolo wood imported from Costa Rica. Unable to be portrayed through photography, Transcendence moves while standing still as the high oil content of Cocobolo wood emits an iridescence much like a tigers eye stone or a hologram.

Thank you to ducatitalia for allowing me the opportunity to create this beautiful representation of Bitcoins infinite movement.

ROFLMFAO - The bullshit faggot dictators (A.K.A The Mods) banned this account. May you all rot in cryptocurrency hell.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Liquid

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 03:15:20 AM

Very nice  Shocked

Bitcoin will show the world what hard money really is.
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 03:33:42 AM

Very nice  Shocked

Thanks Liquid, i appreciate it  Smiley

Cool.
What is the difference between this one and the $14k piece?...besides the choice of wood?

The Hive is wall art, intended to be displayed against a flat surface. Transcendence is a wood sculpture in that it sits flat on a base and can be viewed from 360 degrees.

The Hive portrays the Bitcoin community, Transcendence portrays Bitcoins infinite possibilities and movement through space and time.

If your inquiring as to the price difference and what makes them different in that aspect. The Hive was carved from one of the absolute rarest and most expensive woods on the planet, Just obtaining the wood for the hive and having it shipped in from Africa was over $11,000 by the time i paid the broker, the forestry permits, duties, customs fees, fee's, fee's and more fee's. Also Watermelon Ivory is as hard as steel and VERY hard to carve without breaking it working on such a rare and hard to carve wood commands a higher price for carving as if i were to have messed up it could have been an $11,000 mistake on my part, not to mention i don't know if i could have found another piece of it to complete the work.

Transcendence was made from beautiful Cocobolo wood, although very exotic and rare to find such a good specimen big enough to make the piece it is much more affordable and runs roughly $200 a board foot if you can find a tree with heartwood big enough to get 12"x12" out of.

ROFLMFAO - The bullshit faggot dictators (A.K.A The Mods) banned this account. May you all rot in cryptocurrency hell.
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 03:39:14 AM

Very nice  Shocked

Thanks Liquid, i appreciate it  Smiley

Cool.
What is the difference between this one and the $14k piece?...besides the choice of wood?

The Hive is wall art, intended to be displayed against a flat surface. Transcendence is a wood sculpture in that it sits flat on a base and can be viewed from 360 degrees.

The Hive portrays the Bitcoin community, Transcendence portrays Bitcoins infinite possibilities and movement through space and time.

If your inquiring as to the price difference and what makes them different in that aspect. The Hive was carved from one of the absolute rarest and most expensive woods on the planet, Just obtaining the wood for the hive and having it shipped in from Africa was over $11,000 by the time i paid the broker, the forestry permits, duties, customs fees, fee's, fee's and more fee's. Also Watermelon Ivory is as hard as steel and VERY hard to carve without breaking it working on such a rare and hard to carve wood commands a higher price for carving as if i were to have messed up it could have been an $11,000 mistake on my part, not to mention i don't know if i could have found another piece of it to complete the work.

Transcendence was made from beautiful Cocobolo wood, although very exotic and rare to find such a good specimen big enough to make the piece it is much more affordable and runs roughly $200 a board foot if you can find a tree with heartwood big enough to get 12"x12" out of.

Awesome.
I will be hitting you up within the next month or so for a custom piece.

Great!!!! i look forward to working with you.

Please be sure and visit my Q&A thread before messaging, it can answer most questions you might have before messaging me.

darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 05:06:34 AM

Very nice, congratulations.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
AtomicFrost

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 05:57:04 AM

That is incredibly cool looking. Great job!

Transcendence was carved from Cocobolo wood imported from Costa Rica. Unable to be portrayed through photography, Transcendence moves while standing still as the high oil content of Cocobolo wood emits an iridescence much like a tigers eye stone or a hologram.

I wish that I could see it in person; must look incredible.  Smiley

If BTC price improves I'd be tempted to get some work commissioned.  Cheesy
Biitcoin

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

Zichain

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2014, 06:38:49 AM

Pretty nice & beautiful , but isn't that the 14,000 USD Piece ? Shocked I really don't see any difference

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2014, 07:31:04 AM

nice art, i like that. you should put some of that on etsy.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 07:59:17 AM

Awesome , you're an incredible artist ! Very nice work.
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 09:35:40 AM

Thanks for all the kind words guys. It's Inspiring to say the least.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 09:46:54 AM

At this rate I might soon develop a wood addiction myself
This is a beautiful piece of art and a great description
Thanks for sharing.
(Led here by following your works ^_^)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=864472.msg9626998#msg9626998

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
magicmexican

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 11:55:24 AM

Thats actually pretty solid. However would be nice to see some more zoomed-out pics to get a better sense of scale.
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 04:36:18 PM

Thats actually pretty solid. However would be nice to see some more zoomed-out pics to get a better sense of scale.

12"x9" is the size of the BTC the base is 4.5"x4.5" x 1"

i am sure ducatitalia will post more photos once it is on display

WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 05:03:01 PM

I have received a lot of inquires about doing Bitcoin art bongs over the past 3 days. In order to cut back on time and cost i would like to do them all at once so i can turn out all the blanks on the lathe in one day so i do not have to keep going back and fourth. Doing it this way can knock about $100 off the cost of each bong so if you would like to order a Bitcoin art bong please contact me by Friday November 28th.

Thanks

TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2014, 05:03:58 PM

Great work, I been following your thread with "WTB wood".
People like you are good for the bitcoin community and ecosystem.

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 05:11:58 PM

Great work, I been following your thread with "WTB wood".
People like you are good for the bitcoin community and ecosystem.

Thanks TookDk. Bitcoin really has made obtaining rare and exotic wood so much easier and more cost effective. I just bought a load of some BEAUTIFUL purpleheart wood with bitcoin and in all my years this is the best i have over come across. I have been praying for someone to want a BTC carved out of purpleheart as i think it would be one of my most beautiful BTC logo carvings yet.

ducatitalia

Activity: 259

100% Positive EBAY Feedback Since 2001

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 06:16:08 PM

Transcend into the reimagination of economics...the reinvention of finance...the transition from centralized exploitation to individual empowerment as ducatitalia once said. This piece represents the infinite movement of BTCitcoin as it elicits curiosity into places unknown.

Thank you to ducatitalia for allowing me the opportunity to create this beautiful representation of Bitcoins infinite movement.

Sincerest thanks to WoodCollector for considering my crazy ideas, for being willing to take on this commissioning and for putting so much passion and energy into this unique BTC art piece.  This work will display proudly and prominently as a statement of Bitcoin's infinite movement and evolution, and will indeed stand as a symbol of transition from centralized exploitation to individual empowerment.

For anyone potentially interested in having an art piece created...I highly recommend WoodCollector without hesitation.  His talent speaks for itself, and I can assure you that you are dealing with someone at the top of their craft...I feel honored to have had the chance to work with him.

Just bought lighting for the display and will post pictures as soon as possible.

Top Bitrated Escrow Service: Racer Great BTC Resources: www.thebtcboss.com
Interest Free Loans: Here BTC:1MBFDLK3s9Nzk7Anfzx2GvhUo7DEBqFz7W
snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2014, 08:00:05 PM

Wow, that is simply amazing; incredible work. I love the spiral effect also, and I feel like I can almost see the iridescence you mentioned slightly through the photo even.

I agree it does seem like you are a top notch woodworker/artist, and I can tell you know what you're talking about when it comes to the different qualities of some fine wood. I respect the passion you have for your fine craft, and I agree that you are a unique asset to the Bitcoin community. Thanks for joining us here.

WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 08:30:30 PM

Wow, that is simply amazing; incredible work. I love the spiral effect also, and I feel like I can almost see the iridescence you mentioned slightly through the photo even.

I agree it does seem like you are a top notch woodworker/artist, and I can tell you know what you're talking about when it comes to the different qualities of some fine wood. I respect the passion you have for your fine craft, and I agree that you are a unique asset to the Bitcoin community. Thanks for joining us here.

Thanks to the Bitcoin community for having me. Thanks to bitcoin and my wood buying thread i have been able to double my wood inventory at almost half the cost of using my normal brokers and have been able to get much higher quality that is available on most markets. I have had to pay 0 currency exchange fees, 0 international wire transfer fees, 0 broker fees and had to fill out 0 forms explaining why i am sending tens of thousands of dollars to another country and that its for buying wood not for other illegal purposes. I have been able to do $95,000 in business over 2 weeks and never had to leave my desk to do it. Normally through the brokers it can take a week just to get one transaction approved. Bitcoin has forever changed the way i will do business when it comes to importing high end exotic wood, and i am now leaning on other people i know who import other things like gems, and precious metals to start using bitcoin and avoid the headache.

Also thanks to the Bitcoin community i have been able to create works of art i am passionate about. Dont get me wrong, i love making almost anything out of wood, but i get tired with my regular business and the hoards of rich people with no taste or sense of imagination. If i had to deal with one more "i want a wooden banister post carved to look like my champion race horse _____" clients this holiday season without first being able to do something truly creative and inspired i think i would have burnt my gallery to the ground.

Wardrick
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 08:39:34 PM

What would the estimated shipping be for this being sent to the west coast?
TookDk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2014, 08:45:29 PM

I agree with snarlpill you are an unique asset to the bitcoin community.
And I also have much respect for your knowledge about wood, I know nothing about wood but I can clearly see you know what you are talking about. Bitcoin really provide great opportunities for trading and establish new business connections.

I have realized that the type of business you do involves moving significant amount of money trough bitcoins, if you have not already done it, then now is the time to spend a few hours and educate yourself how to secure and store bitcoins so you will not be hacked or scammed, there are many options/strategies (e.g. dedicated computer, paper wallets etc.). Find out what is best suited for your business. You can find all the information here on the forum, but it can be a little hard to dig out because there is so much "garbage". Do not hesitate to open a thread and ask question or you can also ask Blazzed by PM for advice (I see you trust him, and he knows what he is doing).

The security of bitcoins is both a strength and a weakness at the same time, it gives you the freedom to be your own bank, but it also gives you the freedom to be stupid and lose your funds.

Good luck, I will be following your work Smiley

WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 08:49:17 PM

What would the estimated shipping be for this being sent to the west coast?

I dont really charge for shipping unless it is out of the USA and there are customs fees or forestry permits required or unless it needs insurance in excess of $3,000usd. Each piece is one of a kind and will never be replicated so if you wanted this particular piece you would have to bribe ducatitalia into selling it which there is a 0% chance of doing i'm sure. But i could create you your own personal art piece inspired by almost anything you can dream of, your imagination is the limit, or if you have no imagination and want me to run wild, you just give me a concept, quote, or thought, and i will create a design based around that concept. I have access to every wood on the planet and your budget is the only thing that determines how extravagant it gets.

WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 08:58:07 PM

And I also have much respect for your knowledge about wood, I know nothing about wood but I can clearly see you know what you are talking about. Bitcoin really provide great opportunities for trading and establish new business connections.

I have realized that the type of business you do involves moving significant amount of money trough bitcoins, if you have not already done it, then now is the time to spend a few hours and educate yourself how to secure and store bitcoins so you will not be hacked or scammed, there are many options/strategies (e.g. dedicated computer, paper wallets etc.). Find out what is best suited for your business. You can find all the information here on the forum, but it can be a little hard to dig out because there is so much garbage. Do not hesitate to open a thread and ask question or you can also ask Blazzed by PM for advice (I see you trust him, and he knows what he is doing).

The security of bitcoins is both a strength and a weakness at the same time, it gives you the freedom to be your own bank, but it also gives you the freedom to be stupid and lose your funds.

Thanks for the advice TookDk, My brother works for one of those big government agencies that normally have 3 letter acronyms but in his case is just a line item on a budget. He is one of the top cyber security agents in the world and was the reason i got turned on to bitcoin in the first place. When he gave me my first bitcoin he gave me a computer machine that is a signing only offline cold storage vault that he built. beyond that i NEVER transact without escrow unless someone is sending me payment first.

About the only time someone tried to scam me was in the beginning when i was trying to buy $100k in bitcoins from a site called localbitcoins.com so i could use it to buy wood down the road, they tried to reverse a direct bank deposit but instead landed themselves in jail for the weekend and now have a court date and will probably have to pay me restitution as well.

If ever i have questions or am not sure about something i pretty much have Blazedout419 on speedial and he is always right there with sound advice and a solution. My brother may have turned me on to Bitcoins, but Blazedout419 sealed the deal and made me a Bitcoiner for life.

snarlpill

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2014, 09:06:56 PM

That's great about the positive effects Bitcoin has had for your business. Monetary freedom is very nice, and like you said- you don't have to explain why you are buying something for your work. You shouldn't have to explain or seek approval for simple purchases you make in your everyday life. Using BTC is like buying or selling your goods in a direct P2P cash transaction anywhere in the world. If I'm across the world and I want to buy your products directly from you, why should we have to involve a 3rd party? To pay them fees?  Cheesy

If you really want to support the Bitcoin economy though- don't dump all the BTC received for sales to fiat money immediately, like many vendors "accepting Bitcoin" through Coinbase or BitPay do...  Show some faith and hold some, or experience all of the purchases and sales you can make with it. I enjoy spending Bitcoin, and I believe there is a way to get almost everything you need with it now, in one way or another.

Good luck with your business, and keep up the great work. I've enjoyed seeing the few different pieces you've posted so far, and it has been cool to learn more about rare & exotic woods and the different properties they have. Do you have a website?

TookDk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2014, 09:18:44 PM

Thanks for the advice TookDk, My brother works for one of those big government agencies that normally have 3 letter acronyms but in his case is just a line item on a budget. He is one of the top cyber security agents in the world and was the reason i got turned on to bitcoin in the first place. When he gave me my first bitcoin he gave me a computer machine that is a signing only offline cold storage vault that he built. beyond that i NEVER transact without escrow unless someone is sending me payment first.

About the only time someone tried to scam me was in the beginning when i was trying to buy $100k in bitcoins from a site called localbitcoins.com so i could use it to buy wood down the road, they tried to reverse a direct bank deposit but instead landed themselves in jail for the weekend and now have a court date and will probably have to pay me restitution as well.

If ever i have questions or am not sure about something i pretty much have Blazedout419 on speedial and he is always right there with sound advice and a solution. My brother may have turned me on to Bitcoins, but Blazedout419 sealed the deal and made me a Bitcoiner for life.

That is really good to hear Smiley

Reason I mentioned it, is that I chatted with a fellow bitcoiner here on the forum about a year ago, and he had a small webpage where he was selling different pieces of handmade art, all the income was going direct to his "online wallet" (BIPS), he was basically saving up all his income. BIPS was "hacked" Nov 2013, and he lost all. I never saw him on the forum again after that, I think he gave up bitcoin completely (sad story). I just don't want that to happen for another bitcoin business startup, where the passion is the art and not technology. It seams like you got the tech part covered quite well Wink

snarlpill

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2014, 09:26:33 PM

I have realized that the type of business you do involves moving significant amount of money trough bitcoins, if you have not already done it, then now is the time to spend a few hours and educate yourself how to secure and store bitcoins so you will not be hacked or scammed, there are many options/strategies (e.g. dedicated computer, paper wallets etc.). Find out what is best suited for your business. You can find all the information here on the forum, but it can be a little hard to dig out because there is so much "garbage". Do not hesitate to open a thread and ask question or you can also ask Blazzed by PM for advice (I see you trust him, and he knows what he is doing).

WoodCollector clearly needs a secure Wood Wallet  Wink

Agreed on spending a few minutes learning simple security measures, but it sounds like WC has gained some solid knowledge & got it covered. Like you said- it is what you make it. Your BTC can be secure as Fort Knox or in danger like coins with a hole in your pocket. If everybody spent a little time learning about it, there would probably be less thefts, mistakes, and accidents with BTC.

Arrogantx

Activity: 166

“What can’t kill Bitcoin, makes it (us) stronger.”

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 09:29:19 PM

Pretty awesome, I love seeing these pieces. Keep up the good work.

“It will be everywhere, and the world will have to readjust. World governments will have to readjust.”
1KbCRTGQc7oma5NN4taw9ELVhp5PhB149r
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 09:29:48 PM

That's great about the positive effects Bitcoin has had for your business. Monetary freedom is very nice, and like you said- you don't have to explain why you are buying something for your work. You shouldn't have to explain or seek approval for simple purchases you make in your everyday life. Using BTC is like buying or selling your goods in a direct P2P cash transaction anywhere in the world. If I'm across the world and I want to buy your products directly from you, why should we have to involve a 3rd party? To pay them fees?  Cheesy

If you really want to support the Bitcoin economy though- don't dump all the BTC received for sales to fiat money immediately, like many vendors "accepting Bitcoin" through Coinbase or BitPay do...  Show some faith and hold some, or experience all of the purchases and sales you can make with it. I enjoy spending Bitcoin, and I believe there is a way to get almost everything you need with it now, in one way or another.

Good luck with your business, and keep up the great work. I've enjoyed seeing the few different pieces you've posted so far, and it has been cool to learn more about rare & exotic woods and the different properties they have. Do you have a website?

I have yet to sell a single Bitcoin from anything i have sold and dont ever intend on doing so. When i receive Bitcoin they go through the mixer then into cold storage unless they are going to my new lathe fund, i then turn around and buy wood with them from the forum or other sources i have found that accept Bitcoin.

I have had some requests for round things larger than my current lathes can turn from the bitcoin community, My wife told me that i had to make the money by selling bitcoin pieces. In her defense i did buy $80k in new equipment this year which is a bit steep but i needed most of it, well some of it, ok none of it, really i just wanted new toys to make better art with. I called the manufacturer i buy all my wood working tools from and told them i am interested in purchasing a new lathe from them but ONLY if they would accept my bitcoin. They e-mailed me back and said that it wont be a problem at all and to just let them know when i am ready to make the purchase. I'm only a few art pieces away from being able to buy it and am excited to get another business to take my bitcoins, and to get a new machine that will let me turn things up to 16" round

If anyone wants to send a tip or donate to the New Lathe fund my tip address is: 1LatheNNRsWhSZBcFvXpkZd1P3Wz4yA3Vz

That is really good to hear Smiley

Reason I mentioned it, is that I chatted with a fellow bitcoiner here on the forum about a year ago, and he had a small webpage where he was selling different pieces of handmade art, all the income was going direct to his "online wallet" (BIPS), he was basically saving up all his income. BIPS was "hacked" Nov 2013, and he lost all. I never saw him on the forum again after that, I think he gave up bitcoin completely (sad story). I just don't want that to happen for another bitcoin business startup, where the passion is the art and not technology. It seams like you got the tech part covered quite well Wink

Yeah, this community is great in terms of support and answering questions. The one golden rule that my brother gave me when he gave me my first Bitcoin was "NEVER trust your bitcoin with an online service" and i never have except LocalBitcoins and that was only for a few minutes at a time as the minute i bought Bitcoins i transferred them to cold storage.

WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 09:34:21 PM

Agreed on spending a few minutes learning simple security measures, but it sounds like WC has gained some solid knowledge & got it covered. Like you said- it is what you make it. Your BTC can be secure as Fort Knox or in danger like coins with a hole in your pocket. If everybody spent a little time learning about it, there would probably be less thefts, mistakes, and accidents with BTC.

Thats a cool concept. I am going to have to make myself one now just out of something exotic and beautiful. Maybe i will carve myself one out of Mahogany or Lacewood. i think that would look awesome.

Thanks for showing me those Smiley

Wardrick
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 09:46:08 PM

What would your price be for a physical wooden bitcoin (with a design like this https://en.bitcoin.it/w/images/en/5/50/Bitcoin.png) about 6"x6"? Made out of a wood like Mahogany.
TookDk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2014, 09:52:57 PM

I have send a few dollars to your fund  Cheesy
tx id: 2ef57c9c5cb7b999bde99f28c36c5b1ccda88ef10873529a622bd78274b67172

WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 11:18:22 PM

What would your price be for a physical wooden bitcoin (with a design like this https://en.bitcoin.it/w/images/en/5/50/Bitcoin.png) about 6"x6"? Made out of a wood like Mahogany.

Dark like African Mahogany, Reddish like Red Indian Mahogany, or lighter like South American Mahogany? How thick would you like it? Would you like it front and back, something like a QR code carved in the back? Are you sure you want something so plain as the coin design you linked? Depending on the depth the difference between that and something intricate like the Silverwallets design (if you got approval on the design from the guys at silverwalets) or a custom design that i could make would really only be like $100.

Message me and let me get a better understanding of what it is you would like more precisely and i will find a way to do something for you at a price you can afford.

I have send a few dollars to your fund  Cheesy
tx id: 2ef57c9c5cb7b999bde99f28c36c5b1ccda88ef10873529a622bd78274b67172

Thanks a million TookDk, very much appreciated, every penny counts. If i get the new lathe i was thinking about doing a limited edition run of 8" wooden coins both front and reverse and i would like to donate some of the proceeds to seans outpost. Your donation gets me one step closer without making my wife angry.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 12:32:39 AM

No need to worry he has 3 Silver Wallets headed his way!
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 12:40:19 AM

No need to worry he has 3 Silver Wallets headed his way!

Smiley  Wink  Grin

That i do, and the silverwallets team will soon have 3 of their own surprises heading their way !!

WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 01:08:02 AM

Just got shipping confirmation on a BEAUTIFUL Purpleheart specimen from Guyana. Its just screaming to be turned into BTC art pieces i can hear it talking to me all the way from Guyana. These pieces will be a beautiful Purple color with tight grain. I should have enough wood to make 2 separate pieces or a matching set.

Message me with your design ideas and i can make you your very own Luxury BTC art carving for between $650 and $900 depending on how much detail you want. The wood should be here by the weekend and i should be able to have you your piece by the second week of December. Just in time for that beautiful Christmas gift for the purest of Bitcoin enthusiasts.

iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 04:14:15 AM

ok which one of you is the deadbeat dildo buyer?

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
sionsandman

Activity: 520
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 02:41:35 PM

Amazing job!  Shocked

I'm impressed!
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 07:48:50 PM

Amazing job!  Shocked

I'm impressed!

Thanks sion, It's very nice to hear. I'm appreciative that this community has a taste for fine art.

WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 09:51:40 PM

Thank you to whomever sent the $10.00 and the $0.03 tip to the new lathe fund. Much appreciated, i'll be cranking out large size bitcoin bongs and 12" wooden coins in no time  Grin Only $750 left to go !!!!!

ducatitalia

Activity: 259

100% Positive EBAY Feedback Since 2001

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 05:02:33 PM

Sincerest thanks to WoodCollector for considering my crazy ideas, for being willing to take on this commissioning and for putting so much passion and energy into this unique BTC art piece.  This work will display proudly and prominently as a statement of Bitcoin's infinite movement and evolution, and will indeed stand as a symbol of transition from centralized exploitation to individual empowerment.

For anyone potentially interested in having an art piece created...I highly recommend WoodCollector without hesitation.  His talent speaks for itself, and I can assure you that you are dealing with someone at the top of their craft...I feel honored to have had the chance to work with him.

Just bought lighting for the display and will post pictures as soon as possible.

Finally had an opportunity to take a few images on display...here is a slideshow.

Top Bitrated Escrow Service: Racer Great BTC Resources: www.thebtcboss.com
Interest Free Loans: Here BTC:1MBFDLK3s9Nzk7Anfzx2GvhUo7DEBqFz7W
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 05:48:00 PM

Finally had an opportunity to take a few images on display...here is a slideshow.

It looks beautiful the way you have it displayed. The painting in the background is a nice accent to it. I think i am going to have to make you a vase to finish off the tabletop display as a thank you for the loan. The new lathe should be here in 6 weeks, and i am going to start taking deposits next week for the larger pieces. I couldnt have done it without you Ducatitalia.

psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 11:03:51 AM

Front

Reverse

I think it looks awesome! I am interested. Even if you do use lasers for some of the finish Wink
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 08:38:13 PM

Front

Reverse

I think it looks awesome! I am interested. Even if you do use lasers for some of the finish Wink

Thanks Psy, Nothing lasered about it ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=932131.msg10231733#msg10231733 ). Although i will not make that exact design again, if you have a design your thinking of i may make you something.

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: