Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:22:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy BTC with PayPal Balance  (Read 1964 times)
bobeell (OP)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

MSDN Admin Account / MS Product Keys Seller

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2014, 01:28:13 PM

I want to buy 0.1 BTC.

Payment methode: PayPal

Contact me on PM/Skype: xirangel

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 03:19:05 PM

Be prepared for a deluge of replies from brand new accounts insisting that you send them PayPal first. Once you do though, you'll never hear from them again.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
KingOfSports

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Acc bought - used solely for signature testing

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 03:21:15 PM

Be prepared for a deluge of replies from brand new accounts insisting that you send them PayPal first. Once you do though, you'll never hear from them again.
How do people on paypal even scam? When someone gets scammed on paypal they reverse the charge? People say they withdraw the funds and all but how can they do that so quickly? I never understood the whole PayPal scam and how it actually works for anyone.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 03:26:03 PM

How do people on paypal even scam? When someone gets scammed on paypal they reverse the charge? People say they withdraw the funds and all but how can they do that so quickly? I never understood the whole PayPal scam and how it actually works for anyone.
There is no guarantee that paypal will actually approve the chargeback. The person scamming will fight the chargeback, if they lose then they lose nothing because they gave nothing to the buyer and if they win the chargeback dispute then they will have gotten paypal funds for nothing, and will launder/withdraw the funds.
KingOfSports

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 03:30:45 PM

1. Individual contacts seller for bitcoin.
2. Individual sends stolen PayPal funds.
3. Seller sends bitcoin.
4. Individual laughs and gets moral boost that he successfully used stolen funds to get bitcoin.
5. Seller is hit with a chargeback within 48 hours.
This one I know about, I've been through this scam myself having been the seller for $100 before. What i don't understand is when newbies claim to be selling bitcoin and they have the other person send PayPal first then disappear. No Bitcoin ever actually exchanged.

KingOfSports

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 04:10:02 PM

1. Individual contacts seller for bitcoin.
2. Individual sends stolen PayPal funds.
3. Seller sends bitcoin.
4. Individual laughs and gets moral boost that he successfully used stolen funds to get bitcoin.
5. Seller is hit with a chargeback within 48 hours.
This one I know about, I've been through this scam myself having been the seller for $100 before. What i don't understand is when newbies claim to be selling bitcoin and they have the other person send PayPal first then disappear. No Bitcoin ever actually exchanged.

Oh, that way is just as annoying as the other way.

1. Seller says he has bitcoin but really doesn't.
2. Seller has a deal lined up for himself with someone who will accept PayPal and give bitcoin/product.
3. Buyer sends seller the PayPal first (thinking who cares, "I can chargeback").
4. Seller confirms with the person he is buying bitcoin from that they got the payment.
5. The seller receives his bitcoin.
6. The buyer who sent the PayPal funds gets duped.
I thought about this awhile back and wouldn't depositing the money to a pool of users that ultimately is gambled away be easier? Like I was on DraftDay and read a story that said a users winnings were removed cause the opposite account charged back or something like that. Wonder if any scammer has successfully bought something on amazon or something with scammed Paypal funds and put the account in negative after chargeback.

ShetKid

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 08:50:56 PM

I wouldn't recommend putting your Skype here.
New people will add you and claim they are trusted on this forum just so they could try and scam you.
If anything, use a middleman.

Good luck
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: