Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 03:57:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New to mining?  (Read 1770 times)
harvey010 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 05:59:23 PM

Hello everyone im new to the bitcoin mining scene and i know its not the best of time as the bitcoin currency is unstable.

I have had trouble trying to find a good pool to use and that is why i have come here for some extra info, i have started bitmining with a nvidia gtx 650ti boost and i am get a measly 98mh/s
i know this is awful but however i have left it running for 24 hours and all i got was 0.00000038 BTC is this normal? is slushes pool good or do you reccomend any others.

I have now invested into a asic miner rockminer r box (40gh/s) and a rasperry pi for it to run on, i will be using the rasperry pi rockminer image and control the r box from the network?
is this a good start to bit mining?

Please leave any info you can or tips for me. Also what kinda profit do some of you make?
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 06:13:59 PM

Sadly it is far past the day's where GPU's can mine bitcoin.  You can look at Scrypt miing but for most at this point it cost's more to mine with a GPU thin it makes.
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 05:54:02 PM

slushs, is by the oldest and considerd the father of bitcoin pools he pretty much invented pooled mining
bitminter is great for noobs and there mining software is one of the best gui softwares out there

those are the only 2 i really consider out of all the pools out there id stick with slushs pool is stable and been running for over 3 years now its not going anywhere in a hurry and slush is very active

vpasic

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 03:55:37 PM

sorry but you throw your money away.
first thing, forget about btc mining with gpu. as you can see you can't earn anything with it.
second thing, 40GH asic is obsolete right now and also won't earn you anything.
even if you have free electricity with 40GH you will earn around 0.00049916 BTC or $0.19/day on this diff and btc value which is miserable earnings.

Tips: 1Ejj8eANy2PLZVwrWUczkbQ8kQY2JhKqp6
caga

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 02:04:25 AM

I have now invested into a asic miner rockminer r box (40gh/s) and a rasperry pi for it to run on, i will be using the rasperry pi rockminer image and control the r box from the network?
is this a good start to bit mining?

Please leave any info you can or tips for me. Also what kinda profit do some of you make?

Certainly its good to learn about bitcoin and mining, but I don't think it is good enough to waste a RP on it. You will not be making any profit with it, due to the high difficulty rate.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: