Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:04:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Havelock Investments] - Havelock Mining Fund (HMF)  (Read 19342 times)
havelock

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 03:00:57 PM

Dave, I've been invested in your HIM fund since May. I sensed you were an ethical and insightful businessman (rare combo). Your performance to date proves that out. I actually didn't anticipate the two Jupiter mining rigs. Good move.

Do you have more tricks up your sleeve that have been brewing for a while?

Thanks,

Stan

Glad to hear you agree with how we are managing the fund.  We're always on the lookout to bring more value to our unit holders, but nothing imminent.

Side note:  Who's Dave?   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
havelock

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 07:06:31 PM

Hello all,

We have more positive news for the HIM fund.

The fund HIM has announced a dividend!

Dividend Pay Date: 2013-10-31
Dividend: 0.00150000BTC/unit

Dividends will be paid out on the payment date shown

https://www.havelockinvestments.com/order.php?symbol=HIM

tulkos

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 10:53:59 PM

A better div than I expected. Thanks Havelock  Smiley

Kosmatos

Activity: 101

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 01:19:56 AM

Hello all,

That's the best dividend in 2013, thanks. At the announced hashrate, next month should be even better.

Any more miners coming in from BFL or is that over? (65nm technology, not the Monarchs)
havelock

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 02:52:43 AM

Hello all,

That's the best dividend in 2013, thanks. At the announced hashrate, next month should be even better.

Any more miners coming in from BFL or is that over? (65nm technology, not the Monarchs)

That's all the singles we have on order.  We're looking at a few other options at this point to continue to grow.

ScatterShot

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 04:55:53 AM

Dave, I've been invested in your HIM fund since May. I sensed you were an ethical and insightful businessman (rare combo). Your performance to date proves that out. I actually didn't anticipate the two Jupiter mining rigs. Good move.

Do you have more tricks up your sleeve that have been brewing for a while?

Thanks,

Stan

Glad to hear you agree with how we are managing the fund.  We're always on the lookout to bring more value to our unit holders, but nothing imminent.

Side note:  Who's Dave?   

Sorry, think I mixed up your first name with the Virtex guy's last name. Duh.
spinoff

Activity: 37

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 09:27:49 AM

havelock currently down?

EDIT: back up again Smiley
itsunderstood

Activity: 364

American1973

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 04:32:16 PM

I own a few shares in this thing, trapped at around 6x the current price.

So we can say that this fund, is not in any way, connected to the price discover mechanisms, of BTC.  Or not?

I have suggested, as a former stockbroker, that you CAN, advertise your fund, as being better.  That's why TV shows us commercials of funds, using FRN-denom-electro-fraction-money-quatloos, and these funds, do gain value, in terms of that "money"

So, though my BTC investment SHOULD be making money, i.e. BTC, from the "market", it is instead, a dead dog, which sits like its been beaten with a stick.

Welp, glad to see the mining and micro dividends are going well, but I can't wait until this thing floats back to the surface, because I don't see anybody paddling.  Havelock has a good reputation, no complaints there, thanks for being at least as good as your broker-peers in the real world.  But those brokers in TRW do promote their funds, finding value, and increasing share price.  Please do work on that part of your operation.  Thanks.

Also, for prospective investors, when do you expect anything other than a nosedive for this fund?  Can we brainstorm a way to value-add to this thing?  I want it back at its old valuation, since interest in BTC is spiking.

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
JekyllIsland

Activity: 61

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 06:36:27 AM
Last edit: November 15, 2013, 09:28:09 AM by JekyllIsland

I really regret buying this fund atm. I've lost bitcoins due to the rise in price. I can't foresee the dividends being able to return the amount Ive lost in BTC, even in a year. I knew it was a risky investment from the start so I'm not too worried. Does anyone think the price of this fund  will ever go up enough for investing into it to be worth it?

I feel like selling the funds back for bitcoin is the best course of action, anyone have a differing view? I know I technically didn't lose any money, in fact i've actually made a slight amount. Although holding bitcoins would have earned me more. Not to mention i can actually spend those coins...
tulkos

Activity: 74

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 02:25:21 AM

Hello all,

That's all the singles we have on order.  We're looking at a few other options at this point to continue to grow.

Any news on the growth front?
What options are you looking at?

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:48:43 AM

I really regret buying this fund atm. I've lost bitcoins due to the rise in price. I can't foresee the dividends being able to return the amount Ive lost in BTC, even in a year. I knew it was a risky investment from the start so I'm not too worried. Does anyone think the price of this fund  will ever go up enough for investing into it to be worth it?

I feel like selling the funds back for bitcoin is the best course of action, anyone have a differing view? I know I technically didn't lose any money, in fact i've actually made a slight amount. Although holding bitcoins would have earned me more. Not to mention i can actually spend those coins...

Stocks need to be promoted, in order to rise in price.  They do not promote their stock, so, it is getting bludgeoned to death.

It is one thing to set up your little BTC mining rig, oh wow, good job! It is another to allow the fund to be hammered by shorts and robo-traders.  Amateur hour, all the way.

It is a good fund in terms of the guy who runs it being apparently forthright and honest, but that is not what makes a stock do well; You need promotion and buying.

I see no buying, no professional discussion of BTC mining stocks at all, anywhere in the world.  So, the whole sector is basically a joke, and a playground for robotrading, which means: it will be shorted into infinity if the owners do not promote it, imo.

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
wmcleod

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:32:59 AM

No updates on next month's dividend yet, huh?

HMF

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 06:18:47 PM

Hello all,

We've posted our first newsletter under fund reports:

https://www.havelockinvestments.com/reports.php

This will detail the fund's operation and pertinent news (including estimated dividends for the month).  We'll be releasing one during the 3rd week of each month.

Thanks,
HMF (formerly HIM)
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:31:13 AM

How much per share is that bowl of crap called Google?  How about that maggot ridden corpse called Facebook?

Come on people, this fund should be valued at a way higher level.

You know google and facebook will fuck the Earth over, but havelock seems to be a group with some integrity, at least enough to survive the first bitcoin market purges, right?

So buy this fund until it bleeds gold, says I.

riceberry

Activity: 491
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 12:43:47 PM

The dividend is pretty high if your buying these shares at these all time low prices, and at a price of 0.05, right now it's 0.03, 5 btc would get you at the current next month dividend(0.001) of 0.1 btc per month , and a yearly return of 24%, when the dividends are higher than 0.001, then the return would be even higher.

When the price of btc goes up, people feel more comfortable holding coins...As long as the fund continues to reinvest and be at the front of new equipment, I think they will be able to keep the consistant dividend, and possibly increase over time.

As the price of btc becomes 1000, a share price of 0.05 even becomes relatively expensive in terms of fiat which people are psychologically adapted to thinking, it is harder for new people to go into shares if they didn't have 1000$ to risk just to get 1 bitcoin, people spend 200$ to get 0.3 btc, so they would be less likely to buy shares if they can only have 6 shares (and that's at an all time low price), while having to trust that the fund will continue operating as planned.

If havelock maintains what they have been doing, or maybe use some of the funding from HIF to get even more equipment... Tongue

Maybe a share split by another factor of 10, would make the prices more managable for people getting into btc now at such higher prices. Right now 0.03 would be 0.003, and perhaps this would be advantageous, instead of someone with only 0.3 bitcoins being able to get 6 shares, they could get up to 60, which I think appears better mentally, while providing the same return per month
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 12:51:22 PM

...So buy this fund until it bleeds gold, says I.

Lol, this?

crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 02:31:50 PM

I don't think the last two posters understand what this security is about.
It's a mining fund, so the dividends are likely to be high at times then slowly decrease, at least until a new hardware investment cycle. There is nothing wrong with that, but you have to understand the influence it will have on dividends and share prices.
With mining funds, the price of bitcoins has very little influence. Difficulty does, but prices getting higher do not diminish the fund revenue, and actually make it able to buy more mining equipment with its funds.

Looking at the financials (quarterly), this thing has been in the red for the  entirety of 2013.
q1 (-฿126.1515)
q2 (-฿233.8544)
q3 (-฿158.4161)

That's something to understand.  A mining fund paying *more* in dividends than it makes mining.
This month shows a 14 BTC profit, last month was ~123 BTC loss.  Next month will be a loss (difficulty rise, no new equipment coming online that i can see).

Now, bothering to open a pdf & looking at the most recent (Sept) breakdown:

Assets: 50 BTC in coins & 480 BTC in mining gear, total of 530 BTC.

What's the 480 BTC worth of mining gear?  Well, it's 24 BFL singles, lolz.  Allowing a generous $3000/per, and using today's exchange rate, the value is 86 BTC, *not* 480 BTC.  Yes, exchange rate *does* factor heavily in mining bond-things.
*If there are more detailed books, where basics like equipment depreciation are accounted, i'd love to look at them.

And this is just the most cursory glance at the financials, a quickie.  I may have made a pile of errors here, so please don't use this as anything but an invitation to check for yourself.  If i was risking my coins, i'd use something better than ~ and sloppy "top of my head" math.

Again, if you see errors and missing data (both likely), i welcome you to point me to both.

HMF

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 09:08:02 PM

The fund HMF has announced a dividend!

Dividend Pay Date: 2013-11-30
Dividend: 0.00100000BTC/unit

ar9

Activity: 352

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 10:43:47 PM

About what I expected.

Not bad... Smiley
ar9

Activity: 352

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:02:03 AM

This is the mining fund thread, friend.

There's a Havelock Investments fund kickin' around here somewhere!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: