Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:02:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm terrified, I lost all my savings in mtgox.  (Read 4998 times)
Panda Mouse (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

Gliding...

View Profile
June 11, 2012, 08:19:03 PM

June 1 made a withdraw (international wire transfer) amount to nearly $ 9000.
So far, not received this amount at all, nor any response from mtgox on my query.

I am a teacher, I invested all my legal savings + a small% mined BTC on mtgox exchange.
Why I have no information when I get my last transfer?
Is it so hard to at least answer the simple question?

I do not know what to do. Mtgox not respond to my letters.

Panda Mouse.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vampire

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2012, 08:31:49 PM

Well join the club of other people, looks like wires at least take 3 weeks.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 11, 2012, 08:40:09 PM

Did you email them??  info@mtgox.com

I did & got a response in less than 12 hrs (They are in Japan,I'm in Eastern USA,note the time zone difference).

I get the impression that you used the postal service....................................

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2012, 08:44:34 PM

You need to open a support ticket with MtGox and you probably need to get a verified account with them before you can wire transfer that kind of amount.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Panda Mouse (OP)

Gliding...

View Profile
June 11, 2012, 08:50:30 PM

You'd be better off posting this in Trading.

You need to open a support ticket with MtGox and you probably need to get a verified account with them before you can wire transfer that kind of amount.

Thank you, but of course, I have a support ticket, so I wrote all of my questions that way.
No answer, nothing at all.

Panda Mouse

repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
June 11, 2012, 08:54:27 PM

Thank you, but of course, I have a support ticket, so I wrote all of my questions that way.

Panda Mouse

Do you have a verified account with them?

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
NothinG

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 11, 2012, 08:56:46 PM

Panda Mouse

Bold'ed for importance.

Dropkickdragout

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 11, 2012, 09:15:26 PM

Welcome to the club of people waiting on mtgox.  I'm not waiting for as much as you, (~$1000) but its still big money to me.  I've been waiting for over a week as well, and they said "3-5 business days since confirmation date".  those 3-5 business days have come and gone and still no money.  I guess the best thing to do is hope they get their act together sooner than later.  All I know for sure is that this will be my last transaction with them.

punningclan

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Making a better tomorrow, tomorrow.

View Profile
June 11, 2012, 09:17:38 PM

Every transaction I've done between Mtgox and Dwolla has been delayed and every transaction has finally cleared.

It was a cunning plan to have the funny man be the money fan of the punning clan.
1J13NBTKiV8xrAo2dwaD4LhWs3zPobhh5S
Dropkickdragout

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 11, 2012, 09:18:59 PM

for me its only half about the delay, the other half is that they have lied to me about when to expect my money, and thats just unacceptable.

Panda Mouse (OP)

Gliding...

View Profile
June 11, 2012, 09:22:12 PM

Panda Mouse

Yes, I have verified account and verified withdrawal account.

Panda Mouse.
CA Coins
Donator

Activity: 305

View Profile
June 11, 2012, 09:39:08 PM

Did you wire through a bank?  Maybe you can check with the bank to see if the wire was delivered to the destination account?
BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 853

View Profile
June 11, 2012, 10:54:52 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2012, 02:12:33 PM by BrightAnarchist

June 1 made a withdraw (international wire transfer) amount to nearly $ 9000.
So far, not received this amount at all, nor any response from mtgox on my query.

I think you'll be fine.

If you do lose some funds, I can do you one better: I lost 2K BTC when mybitcoin.com was "hacked"... that was during the bubble too when the account was worth around 70K USD.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2012, 10:57:18 PM

Good luck... I am still missing $10,000 and it's coming up on a month now.  There's very strong evidence that MTGox does not have much in the way of USD and those with large withdrawals are actually funding the smaller withdrawals.. the large withdrawers are going to end up shafted.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 11, 2012, 11:07:09 PM

Good luck... I am still missing $10,000 and it's coming up on a month now.  There's very strong evidence that MTGox does not have much in the way of USD and those with large withdrawals deposits are actually funding the smaller withdrawals.. the large withdrawers are going to end up shafted.

FTFY

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 11, 2012, 11:11:20 PM

Good luck... I am still missing $10,000 and it's coming up on a month now.  There's very strong evidence that MTGox does not have much in the way of USD and those with large withdrawals are actually funding the smaller withdrawals.. the large withdrawers are going to end up shafted.

Dude I am telling you it is the AML policy. No dodgy solvency issues here man !

MtGox is NOT to blame here. They are honest and 100% transparent.

Big boss like you with a load of $$$ no wonder they call you a criminal when you got ball and $10k Cheesy

You must do something criminal to have so much dough ! Cheesy

Inaba, watch what you say because forum is owned by MtGox so if you are complaining they cut you off the air Wink
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2012, 11:22:02 PM

Big boss like you with a load of $$$ no wonder they call you a criminal when you got ball and $10k Cheesy

Inaba, watch what you say because forum is owned by MtGox so if you are complaining they cut you off the air Wink

If you check my thread, you'll see they sent me a support message asking if I wanted to cancel the withdrawal and then take it out in BTC (of course, paying a nice hefty fee in the conversion process back to MTGox, how kind of them.) - so it's not AML... since if it were, they wouldn't be able to cancel the withdrawal.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 01:53:46 AM

If you check my thread, you'll see they sent me a support message asking if I wanted to cancel the withdrawal and then take it out in BTC (of course, paying a nice hefty fee in the conversion process back to MTGox, how kind of them.) - so it's not AML... since if it were, they wouldn't be able to cancel the withdrawal.

Check your sarcasm detector mate.

MtGox clearly is having serious solvency issues and blaming it on BS like AML or Dwolla delays.

Can't wait to get me popcorn and watch the ship sink in the next coupla days.
Panda Mouse (OP)

Gliding...

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 09:45:51 AM

Did you wire through a bank?  Maybe you can check with the bank to see if the wire was delivered to the destination account?

Yes, I wire through a bank.

This is the answer from Mt.Gox Support dated today:

Hello ....,

Our apologies for the delay in response due to the weekend.
We have not sent out the transfer yet and will let you know once we are send it out.
This is expected to be next week.
Thank you for your patience in the process.

Thanks,
MtGox.com Team

I really hope it's true, anyone can have problems, but you should always be honest.

Panda Mouse

swissmate

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 09:49:51 AM

Yes, I wire through a bank.

This is the answer from Mt.Gox Support dated today:

Hello ....,

Our apologies for the delay in response due to the weekend.
We have not sent out the transfer yet and will let you know once we are send it out.
This is expected to be next week.
Thank you for your patience in the process.

Thanks,
MtGox.com Team

I really hope it's true, anyone can have problems, but you should always be honest.

Panda Mouse

I hope this will end in a happy ending.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: