Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:08:28 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else using the BTC credit card by xapo ?  (Read 6205 times)
robmob (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Respect All Fear None

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2014, 11:11:01 PM

The concept is awesome since it allows BTC to, effectively, be used at any place that accepts traditional credit cards.

Unlike a pre-paid debit card, your BTC balance would not be trapped in fiat.

Seems like something worth experimenting with for small amounts - perhaps a couple $100 worth of BTC but, yeah, not a great idea to send thousands to these guys until they can prove their operation is rock solid. And, obviously, don't rely on one of these to fund your overseas travels. At least, not yet.

Thanks me and the girl friend plan on taking the trip in January and are currently still rasing the rest of the funds but like you said I am not trusting this card yet just getting prepared for when the time comes so I am ready for anything and everything.

It would be a real shame to get thousands of miles from home and have the BTC wallet attached to the card ripped off as being that i am not rich I would most likely be stuck where I was going unless I had a return ticket all ready.

Crypto Currency Communityhttp://cryptoinfinity.com

Donate BTC:15YMgV1nb97bpRqBT7CEf6ryo37gqeeRpL
Drax

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

Nucleus.Vision

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 12:04:24 AM

Keep us posted! Very interesting concept, but I only heard bad things about it. (The fee's and the standard bank cards etc)

primer-
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 12:31:26 AM

Keep us posted! Very interesting concept, but I only heard bad things about it. (The fee's and the standard bank cards etc)

Its worse than that, check reddit, search for xapo (/r/bitcoin only)...
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 12:48:09 AM

Yeah, the PR they're getting via word of mouth on the street surely isn't going to help people trust their vault keeping venture. That's got to hurt the VCs that put untold millions into their coffers only to have their image deteriorate out from under them. I'm sure Coinbase is just loling at them.
sobitcoin

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 03:54:56 AM

I don't think XAPO actually works!

Explain what you mean and why you do not think it works?

He is a scammer who run bitplastic.com, one of his Bitcoin debit scams.
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 09:05:26 PM

Yeah, the PR they're getting via word of mouth on the street surely isn't going to help people trust their vault keeping venture. That's got to hurt the VCs that put untold millions into their coffers only to have their image deteriorate out from under them. I'm sure Coinbase is just loling at them.
Huh  is there any other cards out there that let people in the USA get them and have low fees to use / get card. Also a company that has been around for a while and is registered and some kind of regulation would be good. I really dont know why places like coinbase cant  just offer customers a BTC debit card to use would be awesome.   Smiley

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 11:16:39 PM

well i got official reply from the xapo team fast response i may say. I was kind of shocked they responded in under 24 hours " during the week " but they told me they are working on trying to get cards sent out to people in the USA. The cards can be used in the USA the funds they support are USD but cant mail to people with address in the USA  Huh stupid regulations

jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 11:58:17 PM

Quote from: DARKANGEL6415 link=topic=870233
...some kind of regulation would be good
... stupid regulations

Be careful what you wish for

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 06:33:11 PM

... stupid regulations

i know and i feel you i mean i just dont want a product dealing with my money to be like the wild west in 1800s lol but at same time i dont want super tight regulations that makes my anus bleed from the squeeze  Grin

sobitcoin

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 07:59:33 PM

... stupid regulations

i know and i feel you i mean i just dont want a product dealing with my money to be like the wild west in 1800s lol but at same time i dont want super tight regulations that makes my anus bleed from the squeeze  Grin

Ahh, perfectly said. I think the emphasis of regulation should focus on the entrepreneurs and administration of the businesses providing financial services.  Some sort of screening, or method of at least putting  face to the company before people invest 0000's unknowingly.  Just like a basic screening.  Super basic. If you're going to open up a bank, there should be no issue with accountabillity of funds and a face should be demanded. I refuse to put 0.01 BTC in any services without some point of accountability anymore. This means cold storage for now until there is some sort of way to ensure when hit hits the fan, there is someone who says look, i fucked up, and i will deal with the consequences. Right now, from my point of view,  consequences < reward. Regulation sucks wang, but at some point... something has to be changed.
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 08:24:48 PM

... stupid regulations

i know and i feel you i mean i just dont want a product dealing with my money to be like the wild west in 1800s lol but at same time i dont want super tight regulations that makes my anus bleed from the squeeze  Grin

Ahh, perfectly said. I think the emphasis of regulation should focus on the entrepreneurs and administration of the businesses providing financial services.  Some sort of screening, or method of at least putting  face to the company before people invest 0000's unknowingly.  Just like a basic screening.  Super basic. If you're going to open up a bank, there should be no issue with accountabillity of funds and a face should be demanded. I refuse to put 0.01 BTC in any services without some point of accountability anymore. This means cold storage for now until there is some sort of way to ensure when hit hits the fan, there is someone who says look, i fucked up, and i will deal with the consequences. Right now, from my point of view,  consequences < reward. Regulation sucks wang, but at some point... something has to be changed.
lol i feel you, you can always send the 0.01 BTC to me i will invest it into something on cryptsy and maybe become a trillionare in like 2 years. All donations and xmas gifts can be sent to   16D8REULfN66e52cqGHMkA7fJKrqD9hAAZ    thanks again and happy holidays

sobitcoin

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 08:35:52 PM

... stupid regulations

lol i feel you, you can always send the 0.01 BTC to me i will invest it into something on cryptsy and maybe become a trillionare in like 2 years. All donations and xmas gifts can be sent to   16D8REULfN66e52cqGHMkA7fJKrqD9hAAZ    thanks again and happy holidays

Cheesy I will send you 0.01 one day when we make it. Hopefully after christmas! I might be the only active member in this place who really hasn't been able to use Bitcoin for it's full potential. AKA fucking broke. But, no biggy, it will come, and when it does, i promise to send you a stocking stuffer  Smiley

Happy holidays friends.
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 10:22:17 PM

i just dont want a product dealing with my money to be like the wild west in 1800s

I'm curious what you imagine the financial structure of the wild west in the 1800's to be like?

I have this picture in my head where most transactions were finally settled in precious metal coinage, but I may be wrong.

Today, OTOH, we have a system whereby the financial parasite class: poof money into existence out of nothing; charge us 'interest' for the privilege of indebting ourselves to them; make us pay the tab for any corrections; and ultimately steal all our wealth though this charade. All through the legalistic patina of regulation. Do you really see this as preferable?

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 10:24:55 PM

Jeebus - put on your big boy pants. Look into the character of the people in whom you are ponderating the idea of entrusting your money. If they are snakes, then don't do it. You really need Mommy Ammurrica to do that for you?

thompete

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 10:49:42 PM

I was actually planning to get one to play with. Will update once I do.

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 11:46:04 PM

i just dont want a product dealing with my money to be like the wild west in 1800s

I'm curious what you imagine the financial structure of the wild west in the 1800's to be like?

I have this picture in my head where most transactions were finally settled in precious metal coinage, but I may be wrong.

Today, OTOH, we have a system whereby the financial parasite class: poof money into existence out of nothing; charge us 'interest' for the privilege of indebting ourselves to them; make us pay the tab for any corrections; and ultimately steal all our wealth though this charade. All through the legalistic patina of regulation. Do you really see this as preferable?
that is what i mean i do picture them trading silver morgans and so forth and gold to make purchase and all sales are final. Then i picture the guy with the bigger gun who robs you and the cops cant do anything so they will tell you to bad we wish you the best of luck next time

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 11:48:04 PM

... stupid regulations

lol i feel you, you can always send the 0.01 BTC to me i will invest it into something on cryptsy and maybe become a trillionare in like 2 years. All donations and xmas gifts can be sent to   16D8REULfN66e52cqGHMkA7fJKrqD9hAAZ    thanks again and happy holidays

Cheesy I will send you 0.01 one day when we make it. Hopefully after christmas! I might be the only active member in this place who really hasn't been able to use Bitcoin for it's full potential. AKA fucking broke. But, no biggy, it will come, and when it does, i promise to send you a stocking stuffer  Smiley

Happy holidays friends.
sweet stocking stuffer i look to getting that. I know when i got my wife 2 pair of stocking i told her she can stuff one pair and her friend the other she told me she will stuff my sack instead. The abuse i suffer i tell you LOL  Tongue  Roll Eyes

sobitcoin

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 06:00:49 AM

Jeebus - put on your big boy pants. Look into the character of the people in whom you are ponderating the idea of entrusting your money. If they are snakes, then don't do it. You really need Mommy Ammurrica to do that for you?

I haven't lost a cent on here, but thanks for your witty bullshit. It's attitudes like yours that keep the 99% believing this shit is a complete scam. Carry on, cunt, anything productive to add, or we can argue, up to you.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
sobitcoin

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 06:07:00 AM

If you would take a step off your extreme nothings you might be able to think in a productive manner and realize not all regulation means you specifically are going to get railed in the ass. But i guess it's easier to think in extremes right?  lol, keep believing a form of transaction that's implemented into billion dollar corporations globally, that has it's own financial services and trading platforms will continually operate without regulation. Too bad because I am sure you're smart, but your face is so covered in your own bullshit you can't seem to realize might be more productive to push for regulation that is good for bitcoin instead of none at all.
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 08:26:02 AM

I haven't lost a cent on here, but thanks for your witty bullshit. It's attitudes like yours that keep the 99% believing this shit is a complete scam. Carry on, cunt, anything productive to add, or we can argue, up to you.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Sorry - let me retry. I think in your hurry to be irritated with me, you missed my point. Probably my fault.

Here's the deal - for the first time in over a century, the people have a money untarnished and uncorrupted by the snakes that bend law to make it such they can legalistically steal our wealth. Regulation _always_ devolves to the point where the few (the presumably regulated) are carried on the backs of the many. Why on god's green earth would you want to welcome that into cryptocurrencies?

Though I am happy you've not lost anything. Though this seems to me a good example that such regulation is unneeded.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: