Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 02:52:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: when to invest?  (Read 2453 times)
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 03:35:29 PM

If you think bitcoin is an investment then you have already made a mistake. It is a payment network and the currency that runs on it, nothing more. No person on Earth can answer your questions about future value. Many will claim too, but some people have always claimed to be able to see the future. Buy some bitcoin then go shopping online with it and you will better understand BTC.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
ballgum (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 07:43:06 PM

OK thanks a lot guys...

It seems more speculative on this forum (some say yes some say no), then what I was reading. What I was reading was some article saying bit coin about to shoot really high due to companies adopting it into the mainstream like amazon, etc

I have bought and used bc before (although my understanding of it is limited).

Hmm it seems to be back up now, I may wait to see if it goes down after the auction to buy 1-3 coins.
ballgum (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 08:42:16 PM

You're asking if it's a good idea to invest into bitcoin on a forum where most people have a financial incentive in seeing bitcoin rise  Wink

I would wait until the 50k silk road coins are auctioned off, but that's just me.

Why would you wait for that? Do you mean you would buy at the auction, or do you mean you'd wait to buy bitcoins in general after the auction because price will be lower?

Thanks again!

Regarding the auction, Go listen to UDEMY lectures as it will help explain. The silk road auction is selling 40,000 BTC off so its a lot to dump onto the market. If the buyer is looking to acquire BTC its not an issue BUT if he is looking to buy at a discount and then 'dump' its a lot for the market to absorb without having a detrimental affect.

Saying that, a guy did put a limit order onto bitstamp about 2 months ago selling 30,000 at $300 during a bear period and that order got filled within 5 hours and then the price rose to $370

He is suggesting that the sale may have a negative affect on BTC price so maybe wait until then.. Back to  why I said... If you are in for a long time then buy and wait

I will check out the lectures thanks for the info
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 01:20:36 PM

Hi, I'm sorry for the newb thread, I'm not sure this is the right place, so I apologize if not.

I don't have much money,  but have enough to invest in a few coins. Rumor is bitcoin us being adopted mainstream and will shoot up in value soon? I want to buy a couple coins while prices are low.

My questions are

1. Do you guys think bitcoin will shoot up in value (a good investment)?
2. Should I invest now,  OR will prices go lower before the go up?

I've already been verified,  so buying won't take days for me to verify my info.

Thanks

Anyone telling you to buy is giving you bad advice even if buying bitcoin become profitable.

You should use whatever money you have to start a business, or work for someone who know how to run a business well to gain experience and knowledge. Not wasting your time on speculation.

Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 10:36:53 PM

OK thanks a lot guys...

It seems more speculative on this forum (some say yes some say no), then what I was reading. What I was reading was some article saying bit coin about to shoot really high due to companies adopting it into the mainstream like amazon, etc

There are many burned bulls here on this speculation forum now after this almost one year long bear market, so not surprisingly people have become much more cautious and wary about telling people to buy now. Ironically that's usually a sign that right now is actually a very good time to buy, but people have also said the same a few months ago when price was up in the 600s so not many people can say that with confidence anymore. Personally I'm definitely a buyer at these prices and will continue to do so periodically until I see $500+ again. Smiley

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 10:42:28 PM

Anyone telling you to buy is giving you bad advice even if buying bitcoin become profitable.

You should use whatever money you have to start a business, or work for someone who know how to run a business well to gain experience and knowledge. Not wasting your time on speculation.

Uhmm.. did you get lost? This is the speculation subforum where people discuss and ask questions about speculation. OP already mentioned he wants to buy and is just asking for our opinion when to do so. Get out of here and join some business forum or something if you don't like speculation or investing in something.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 10:48:31 PM

OP it is never a good time to buy. You're either too early or too late.
But even if the price dips to $250 it will go sky high eventually unless you think Bitcoin is doomed.
The real question is "Do you believe in Bitcoin?"

Buying now is a good time in my opinion.

Why?
1. If you look at the charts it keeps pushing upwards.
2. We have had an insane long bear market.
3. Volume and volatility.
4. Adoption of Bitcoin (going mainstream).
5. ETFs are coming.

Hope this helps Smiley

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
opossum

Activity: 924

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 12:44:12 AM

Hi, I'm sorry for the newb thread, I'm not sure this is the right place, so I apologize if not.

I don't have much money,  but have enough to invest in a few coins. Rumor is bitcoin us being adopted mainstream and will shoot up in value soon? I want to buy a couple coins while prices are low.

My questions are

1. Do you guys think bitcoin will shoot up in value (a good investment)?
2. Should I invest now,  OR will prices go lower before the go up?

I've already been verified,  so buying won't take days for me to verify my info.

Thanks

This is not true. An educated speculator is a likely profitable speculator. I would say that the chances of bitcoin rising above ~450 is low but if it does it will likely shoot much higher then it is now. IMO a good time to buy would be when the price is in the upper 300 range

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀