Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:23:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Get your own Bitcoin-backed business cards  (Read 1101 times)
newguy211 (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 11:24:56 PM

Some of you may have seen my previous post, introducing the Bitcoin gift card: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=628145.0

These gift cards have been successful in allowing me to sell BTC by Paypal without chargebacks since cards are shipped physically & therefore protected by Paypal policies.  However, I haven't done much marketing and sales have been a bit mediocre.

The latest iteration of these cards is an attempt to scale the business by slashing fees to a mininum and getting the cards into physical locations around the globe.  Buying Bitcoins should be cheap, easy, anonymous and fast, and I believe this card solves all of those problems except that cards are shipping through the mail right now, so customers have to wait days or weeks to get their Bitcoin cards.

To solve the speed problem, gift cards need to be widely distributed which is why I have created SellBitcoins.com.  Through this site, you can create your own line of scratch-off Bitcoin cards, with your name (or your business name), and contact info optionally included on the back of each card.  We'll print off your cards and mail them to you; you can then sell or give away your Bitcoin cards.

By choosing to print $1.00 cards with your name & title on the back, these cards can function as very cool "Bitcoin business cards" that you can hand out to introduce people to Bitcoin.  Or if you're already involved in selling Bitcoins, you could do something like print out $50 cards and then exchange them for $50 in cash when dealing with a Bitcoin buyer.

Each card has a redemption fee of 0% to 20%, which is assessed when the card is redeemed.  The fee amount is printed on the back of each card so that card buyers know that they're not being ripped off.  After fees are subtracted from the face value of each card, the remaining dollar amount is converted into Bitcoins at the current Coinbase exchange rate.

Right now, we are selling these personalized Bitcoin cards for $0.20 per card plus the cost of Bitcoins loaded onto each card plus a 3.00% fee on the face value of each card.  There is an additional 3.5% fee if you pay by Paypal, and then shipping is $2 to the US and $5 internationally.  By paying with Bitcoin you'll avoid the 3.5% paypal fee and end up paying net fees of 3.00% x face value + $0.20 per card + shipping.

These cards are a very cool, and are a great way to give someone Bitcoins, but you may need to try one out to fully understand how it all works.  Please visit SellBitcoins.com to purchase some cards.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wealthy$

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 06:39:43 AM

Thank you for giving bitcoin priority over paypal, what bitcoin will get for free, paypal will charge 3.5%.
Though i have not tried this service.

newguy211 (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 12:58:11 AM

Yeah sellers always make more when paid in cash or Bitcoin than credit card, so you'd think stores might charge a fee when paid by CC but I guess customers would get pissed off, or maybe its the extra complexity thats preventing sellers from passing transaction fees along to the customer.

But anyways, anyone out there willing to try out the business cards?
karlb187

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Need To Contact Me? Go To My Site!

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 02:50:00 AM

cool nice idea. good luck with your project.  Wink

Bitcoin Faucet List Maker      Makes Your Bitcoin Commissions Explode!   (100% FREE)
   Paid to Post Bitcoin Forum      Earn Up To 3,000 Satoshi Per Post!  
 ▥ SKYPE: karl.moneyinpjs ▥ ▦ TWITTER: @karlmoneyinpjs
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: