Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 05:21:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unemployed Journalist Looking For Writing Gigs  (Read 1307 times)
CryptoJournalist (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 12:11:17 AM

Hello folks.

This unemployed journalist is currently on the lookout for writing and editing gigs.

Known for his beautifully constructed proses, strict adherence to grammar and scrupulous attention to facts and detail, this former area correspondent offers professional-grade writing, editing and proofreading services that will instantly elevate your product, websites and announcement/sales threads.

The Journalism major (minoring in English lit) is broke, so for a limited time, his services are available from rates as low as 0.05BTC. He welcomes the use of escrow.

The writer can be contacted via PM or email at cryptojournalist@outlook.com.

http://brilliantbias.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/a-ha-ha-wr-be-a-writer-funny1.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Pez8pi4ji2I/T7OkgaxbPuI/AAAAAAAAAGc/DjoCd1mybws/s1600/4792964428_fbcb0444a8_z.jpg
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 12:17:07 AM

Check your email! Smiley
CryptoJournalist (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 12:31:28 AM

Check your email! Smiley

Replied!  Smiley
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 12:57:45 AM

There are a number of bitcoin related news sites that accept what is essentially freelance work. I am not sure how they calculate how much payment you would receive, although I imagine it is based on how many views your articles get (and potentially reader engagement - like comments, ect)

CryptoJournalist (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 02:25:43 AM

There are a number of bitcoin related news sites that accept what is essentially freelance work. I am not sure how they calculate how much payment you would receive, although I imagine it is based on how many views your articles get (and potentially reader engagement - like comments, ect)

Hi Scarsberg.

Owing to my current economic climate, I am more inclined towards gigs with direct compensation.

However, I appreciate your suggestion and would like to reward you for taking the time to post with a William Wordsworth poem that you can dedicate to your wife/girlfriend in the morning.

She was a Phantom of Delight

She was a Phantom of delight
When first she gleamed upon my sight;
A lovely Apparition, sent
To be a moment's ornament;
Her eyes as stars of Twilight fair;
Like Twilight's, too, her dusky hair;
But all things else about her drawn
From May-time and the cheerful Dawn;
A dancing Shape, an Image gay,
To haunt, to startle, and way-lay.

(Wordsworth wrote this 210 years ago for his wife Mary)
CryptoJournalist (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 12:15:27 PM

Robin Williams bump!

https://i.imgur.com/H2YR9KP.gif
Daanie

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 12:20:55 PM

He could always try fiverr to earn a little extra. Some ppl made a few grand on there for doing small jobs

Sir Lagsalot

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

The lion roars!

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 03:45:43 PM

CryptoJournalist, are you interested in writing interactive fiction in the sword-and-sorcery style of Robert E. Howard?

You'll get a generous share of the payments from players and gamblers. The better your writing and the more interesting your ideas (I'll collaborate when possible) the more you'll earn.

The system for payment-based decision making and gambling has been tested. I've also prepared several updates and brainstormed the branching plot tree... I just lack the time to write daily updates.

I see you have talent so don't waste it writing press releases and website content. Write something novel and interesting! This project is the first of its kind and will be a great showcase for your writing.

CryptoJournalist (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 06:03:04 PM

He could always try fiverr to earn a little extra. Some ppl made a few grand on there for doing small jobs
If push comes to shove, I might give Fiverr a shot - but I'll hold of as long as possible.
Weight loss, supplements and SEO are not exactly topics to write home about.
Nevertheless, thank you for the suggestion.
As a reward for your suggestion, I'd like to quote you the first verse of John Keats' Endymion - a verse much loved by the ladies for almost two centuries.

A thing of beauty is a joy for ever:
  Its loveliness increases; it will never
  Pass into nothingness; but still will keep
  A bower quiet for us, and a sleep
  Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing.

CryptoJournalist (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 06:10:15 PM

CryptoJournalist, are you interested in writing interactive fiction in the sword-and-sorcery style of Robert E. Howard?

You'll get a generous share of the payments from players and gamblers. The better your writing and the more interesting your ideas (I'll collaborate when possible) the more you'll earn.

The system for payment-based decision making and gambling has been tested. I've also prepared several updates and brainstormed the branching plot tree... I just lack the time to write daily updates.

I see you have talent so don't waste it writing press releases and website content. Write something novel and interesting! This project is the first of its kind and will be a great showcase for your writing.

Sir Lagsalot,
I absolutely am interested in your fine proposition.
Please, do tell me more!
I must also thank you for your kind words - you have no idea how badly my withered self-esteem needed that.
As far as sword-and-sorcery goes, I started early; I was introduced to Roger Zelazny's magnificent Amber Chronicles at the age of 12.  Cool
Daanie

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 06:14:16 PM

If push comes to shove, I might give Fiverr a shot - but I'll hold of as long as possible.
Weight loss, supplements and SEO are not exactly topics to write home about.
Nevertheless, thank you for the suggestion.
As a reward for your suggestion, I'd like to quote you the first verse of John Keats' Endymion - a verse much loved by the ladies for almost two centuries.

A thing of beauty is a joy for ever:
  Its loveliness increases; it will never
  Pass into nothingness; but still will keep
  A bower quiet for us, and a sleep
  Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing.

You're welcome! Thanks, I'm Dutch unfortunately, but I could always try to translate it for the Dutch ladies  Cool

Sir Lagsalot

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

The lion roars!

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 08:42:25 PM

Quote from: CryptoJournalist
Sir Lagsalot,
I absolutely am interested in your fine proposition.
Please, do tell me more!
I must also thank you for your kind words - you have no idea how badly my withered self-esteem needed that.
As far as sword-and-sorcery goes, I started early; I was introduced to Roger Zelazny's magnificent Amber Chronicles at the age of 12.  Cool
Great, I'm glad you're interested in both the genre and proposal!

Briefly, the project is a forum-based work of interactive fiction inspired by Choose Your Own Adventure (and similiar) gamebooks. The innovation is that, instead of turning to a specific page, players send bitcoins to the address which represents their choice; the storyline's progression is determined by the highest-funded address. The coins accumulate (minus creator fees) until the story reaches a crisis point - a battle or some other potentially fatal event. Players must then gamble on the correct choice, taking a chance at winning a share of the pot proportional to their bet.

You can find further detail and a few demonstration rounds in this thread. I've since refined some of the mechanics (such as simplifying the randomisation method and handling fatal "gambling round" outcomes).

The "Coinan" setting was chosen for its familiarity - no special knowledge required for author or readers, just imagination. What's kept me from diving into this project is the challenge of consistency and it's here that I could really use your help, CryptoJournalist. I think if people are paying for content or risking money, they deserve regular updates and I just can't guarantee that working on my own. So, if you can reliably keep a fantasy story rolling along, you'll get to enjoy some very direct interaction with your readers. As for financial reward, it all depends on how this catches on... Given the popularity of Bitcoin gambling, I think there's a good chance of success... So, think it over and let me know. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: