Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:30:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Closed  (Read 4143 times)
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2012, 01:00:38 AM

As an update to FutureFund's current investment prospects, I have been approached about a micro-business opportunity denominated in fiat.

This venture requires heavy manual labor in at least two steps. I'm "riding along" to observe a soft-launch testing phase today.

I have been brought in with an eye towards increasing the automation & efficiency of the operation

If all goes well in testing, this will require funding in the range of 200-400 BTC to assist in automating a major portion of the current process.

This business is denominated in fiat USD.

In exchange for FutureFund's investment, FutureFund will retain ownership of the automation equipment & cover costs of maintenance. With current exchange rates, estimated weekly ROI is in the range of 1/4 - 1/3 of one percent in fiat.

I will keep you updated. Thank you.

Pics or it didnt happen Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2012, 02:59:30 AM

Securing the food supply I believe is crucial to our continued existence. If we can  perfect vertical farming techniques,aquaculture, permaculture  and  algae biofuel it will benefit everyone.

I would if I could, but this particular business benefits from hiding in plain sight. Anyone willing to put in the hours of manual labor or figure out some methods of automating it, as I have, could easily take over a large region and put a massive dent in profits. It has a ridiculously low barrier to entry. Luckily, the automation hardware can be resold at any time, for basically the same price we will be paying for it.

In exchange for my help in automation and initial investment, the people doing the actual daily work have agreed to use only FutureFund purchased automation hardware for at least the next 2 years, with the option to renew or purchase outright at that time, based on ongoing maintenance costs & contracts.

I wish this opportunity could be scaled up beyond 2-3 employees, but it is an easily saturated market where just a few people (with the help of a few automated processes) can pick all the high-profit low-hanging fruit from this tree.

Hardware will likely be ordered soon, if FutureFund does not have enough BTC to cover the cost, I will be buying shares with my personal account to ensure we can get moving on this in a timely fashion.

You might consider setting up a franchise system and manage it so people dont have overlapping areas rather than "employees". I cant think of any bitcoin franchisers yet Smiley

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2012, 05:39:10 AM

They considered this, but the methods used would be easy enough for a DIYer to implement and compete.

The only current limiting factors for competitors are the manual labor involved & maintaining supplier throughput.

With the labor issue mitigated, and such a low barrier to entry, everyone & their grandma could step in and get a cut. Demand would shoot up, suppliers would raise prices and the profit potential would dissipate. Those willing to work it as a "hobby" for minimum wage or less would step in and fight over the scraps.

Fair enough.

totaleclipseofthebank

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 02:27:11 AM

What kind of hardware?

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2012, 02:29:23 AM

What kind of hardware?

I think its probably a reprap or something going by past posts Smiley

Francesco

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 22, 2012, 09:32:09 PM

Woha -was that an almost 6% dividend?  Shocked
...and 50% was reinvested, so your business actually returned 11% this week? Yet? In spite of the high Bitcoin price?
Seems almost too good to be true... but of course you won't prove it's all real because revealing anything more would spoil it all, right? Nor verify yourself because you value your privacy... as usual: to believe, or not to believe!  Undecided
BitcoinINV

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 08:31:08 PM

I just picked up a couple of these.

Francesco

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 08:45:07 PM

Man, if this shares apreciate about 5000% (as we all hope, of course), you're gonna make ONE BITCENTCheesy Will you be able to manage all that sudden wealth?
BitcoinINV

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 10:32:27 PM

Man, if this shares apreciate about 5000% (as we all hope, of course), you're gonna make ONE BITCENTCheesy Will you be able to manage all that sudden wealth?
You never know lol, I Give everyone a little chance not a dump my 401k in chance but a couple of shares chance.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2012, 11:57:18 PM

FutureFund sale price adjusted to 0.0001195

Dividend representing 50% of this weeks income from the micro-business venture has been paid.

Next week's dividend from the micro-business is expected to be lower due to some supplier issues.

Currently saving up for a 3D printer. We're about 1/4 of the way there right now, much closer if BTC climbs back to the prices we saw over the last week.

What sort of printer are you getting ?  I wouldnt mind buying a 3d bitcoin when its done  Smiley

novusordo

Activity: 800

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 03:14:31 AM

There is a new motion up for vote:
Code:
Should we add the following text to our GLBSE contract?

"In the event of exceptional circumstances not precisely covered in this contract, latitude and authority rests
with the asset issuer to freely determine and decide the procedure to mitigate the situation at hand. Anything
not explicitly covered in this contract remains in the domain and control of the asset issuer alone."

This will help prevent a situation like the one DMC is currently in the middle of, while maintaining the opportunity for the asset issuer to act freely for the benefit of the asset using his best judgment. Essentially adding the Ninth Amendment to the contract instead of allowing GLBSE to define all acts not explicitly covered in the contract as their domain.

Good idea. Please try to add this to your other GLBSE listings as well. Nefario's involvement with the DMC situation, while perhaps warranted, is potentially dangerous.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 11:43:06 AM

There is a new motion up for vote:
Code:
Should we add the following text to our GLBSE contract?

"In the event of exceptional circumstances not precisely covered in this contract, latitude and authority rests
with the asset issuer to freely determine and decide the procedure to mitigate the situation at hand. Anything
not explicitly covered in this contract remains in the domain and control of the asset issuer alone."

This will help prevent a situation like the one DMC is currently in the middle of, while maintaining the opportunity for the asset issuer to act freely for the benefit of the asset using his best judgment. Essentially adding the Ninth Amendment to the contract instead of allowing GLBSE to define all acts not explicitly covered in the contract as their domain.

What is going on with DMC (and who is DMC)?

I think this potentially gives too much power to the issuer. Perhaps you could start by stating that anything unforseen will be put to a vote as a motion to clarify, with the issuer having power to make desciscions only if having a vote is impractical?

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
makomk

Merit: 564

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 04:20:42 PM

What is going on with DMC (and who is DMC)?

I think this potentially gives too much power to the issuer. Perhaps you could start by stating that anything unforseen will be put to a vote as a motion to clarify, with the issuer having power to make desciscions only if having a vote is impractical?
DMC's another GLBSE fund and Nefario locked down its operator's access to it after he wiped out 95% of its value through a series of really questionable trades. Basically he created a bunch of DMC shares out of thin air and traded them for shares in other GLBSE companies at ratios that valued those other companies at far more than their actual market value, effectively massively diluting everyone else's shares each time. If the motion passes then Obsi will be allowed to do that, or invest the FUTUREFUND money in his friends' projects and let them siphon it off in over-bloated wages and fees, or anything else he likes. I'm not sure even the limited restrictions that are in the contract would be worth the paper they're printed on, since Obsi will effectively wind up as the sole arbiter of whether he's failed to meet them.

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
makomk

Merit: 564

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 11:28:15 PM

This statement to add to the contract is merely bringing any unforeseen circumstances back into the fold & control of shareholders. I run my offerings to the best of my abilities and have no intentions of abusing such power. As the asset issuer & manager, I need the latitude to make decisions on how to proceed in certain situations & to decide which situations warrant a motion. Hopefully at some point GLBSE will support polls, making things much easier.
This is quite dishonest of you, Obsi. The entire reason that Nefario intervened in DMC was because Diablo-D3 wasn't running the company in the best interests of the shareholders. With the extra clause you're trying to add the shareholders have no control at all - if you say that something doesn't need to go to a shareholder vote, or that it doesn't violate the terms of the contract, or it's in the best interests of the shareholders, your say on the matter is final no matter how obviously bogus it might be.

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
bitcoinbear

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 02:07:46 AM

How about adding "Any situation not covered in the contract shall be put to vote by the shareholders to add an appropriate clause to the contract."?

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
dust

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2012, 02:52:27 AM

Keep in mind that Obsi also runs the scam asset OBSI.HRPT.  The contract change could be an attempt to protect against Nefario intervening with Obsi's other assets when the HRPT collapses.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
bitcoinbear

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 09:43:29 PM

It looks like your HRPT is stuggling, will this have any affect on FutureFund?

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: