Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:07:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins Direct Support Thread  (Read 77809 times)
TangibleCryptography (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Tangible Cryptography LLC

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2012, 12:20:27 PM

1% bonus is currently closed.  We still have some surplus but it will be @ MtGox last till further notice.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EPiSKiNG
Legendary

Activity: 800
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 03:43:34 AM

+1 for good transaction.

Thanks!
-EP

YOU CAN TRUST ME! EPiSKiNG-'s COINS!! BUYING / SELLING BTC - USA --- View my OTC Trading Feedback!!
<gribble> You are identified as user EPiSKiNG-, with GPG key id 721730127CD7574D, key fingerprint EBFC267F8F10EFD1FB84854D721730127CD7574D, and bitcoin address 1EPiSKiNG139bzcwTm8rxMFNfFFdanLW5K

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2012, 02:15:58 PM

+1 for good transaction.

Thanks!
-EP

Sorry for late reply but solid trade by EPiSKiNG.  Fast & Easy.

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2012, 02:19:34 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2012, 05:48:29 PM by TangibleCryptography

Demand has been high and as such our surplus of coins has grown.  Until further notice we are selling surplus bitcoins at a 1.25% discount BELOW MtGox last while supplies last.  If interested, act fast. These "coin sales" only last until will sell off our excess supply.

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2012, 08:58:59 PM

Update:
The 1.25% bonus is closed.  If you have a pending deal started before this announcement we will honor the 1.25% bonus.  All new orders will be priced @ MtGox last.

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 08:33:00 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2012, 05:01:33 PM by TangibleCryptography

SALE SALE SALE  

Our stockpile has grown again. Offering a 1% discount BELOW MtGox last.
This discount (as all of them in the past) is based on our supply.  Get them while they are hot.

Discount ended.
Joe200

Activity: 317

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 04:53:16 PM

Do you take ING Person2Person?

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2012, 05:01:05 PM

Do you take ING Person2Person?

No sorry just the methods listed above.  We are working on getting a deposit account at WellsFargo.

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2012, 05:02:10 PM

Update:
The 1.00% discount has ended.

All new orders will be priced @ MtGox last.
dave3

Activity: 344

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 02:49:34 AM

I purchased some bitcoins via wire transfer from Tangible Cryptography, and can recommend them if you need to buy some coins.
someone703

Activity: 943
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 05:12:03 PM

Damn, too bad I didn't notice this thread beforehand.

Had someone back out on me for a transaction so I lost out on like 1.5 weeks (and the price of BTC has shot up a good chunk).  And then now I've been waiting about a week for Bank > Dwolla transfer.

Supposed to clear this afternoon and then a wait for Dwolla > Mt.Gox.

Will definitely be keeping this thread in mind for the future.

dave3

Activity: 344

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 06:02:03 AM

I don't know if they're always this fast, but my entire transaction from the first time I contacted Tangible Cryptography until I had the bitcoins in my wallet (including the time it took my bank to process the wire transfer) was completed within one business day.

I somehow lucked out and locked in the price just before it took a bit of a jump up, too.  Smiley

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2012, 08:41:46 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2012, 10:10:51 PM by TangibleCryptography

Roughly a month ago we stopped accepting GreenDot MoneyPaks as a funding option pending an internal review.  After some deliberation we have decided to no longer accept GreenDot MoneyPaks going forward.  We were never defrauded the issue is simply scale.  MP to PayPal is useful but that is limited to only $4K per month.  MP to credit cards has limited value for us and if we attempt to get cash that incurrs a high cost.  We now have over $100,000 worth of Bitcoins to sell each month.  MoneyPak simply doesn't scale.   If GreenDot allowed us to become a MP merchant we could accept MP and get daily ACH deposits however that is unlikely to happen given GreenDot hostility towards Bitcoin.  
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 08:47:58 PM

We stopped accepting GreenDot MoneyPaks as a funding option roughly a month ago pending a review.  We have decided to no longer accept them.  We were never defrauded the issue is simply scale.  MP to PayPal is useful but that is limited to only $4K per month.  MP to credit cards has limited value for us and if we attempt to get cash that incurrs a high cost.  We now have over $100,000 worth of Bitcoins to sell each month.  MoneyPak simply doesn't scale.   If GreenDot allowed us to become a MP merchant we could accept MP and get daily ACH deposits however that is unlikely to happen given GreenDot hostility towards Bitcoin. 
Isn't this where Bitinstant steps in with a pre-made Greendot intermediary, all set up and ready to go? Yessir, all wrapped up in a tidy package for you, they will take the Moneypaks, and send you an ACH to disburse to your customers as you see fit. For a fee, of course. Wink

If not them, someone needs to do it.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 08:58:33 PM

Isn't this where Bitinstant steps in with a pre-made Greendot intermediary, all set up and ready to go? Yessir, all wrapped up in a tidy package for you, they will take the Moneypaks, and send you an ACH to disburse to your customers as you see fit. For a fee, of course. Wink

If not them, someone needs to do it.

I don't think so.   In our talks with GreenDot they simply prohibit anything to do with Bitcoin even indirectly.  We spoke at length with a sales agent.  At first he was skeptical of the demand.  I indicated we would be looking at hundred grand the first month and probably double that (as FC4B is supply limited).  When he seemed to indicate we were unrealistic I offered to open our books subject to an NDA.  I was also willing to guarantee 5000 transactions in the first 90 days and pay GreenDot the difference (i.e. up to $25,000) if they didn't materialize.  I think I made the offer as generous as possible even indicating we would consider things like a discount rate (MoneyPak merchants normally don't pay a fee), a fraud reserve (depsite MoneyPak being sold to merchants as a low risk option), and limiting our acceptance to $250 or less per Pak (to give GreenDot a bigger cut).  We went back and forth but GreenDot is just completely adamant (and unreasonable IMHO) about having absolutely nothing to do with Bitcoin.  Period.  We were even "creative" looking at potential solutions where MoneyPak would be use to fund a "cash card account" which then could be used to buy digital goods (to include bitcoins).  Nope.  They aren't interested.  If Bitcoin is anywhere in your proposal (even in the small print at the bottom) it is an auto-rejection.  I think I convinced the sales agent though.  Bitcoin is going to move mainstream and companies which embrace that (like ZIpZap) will profit indirectly and companies that don't (like GreenDot) will be shut out.

Now we (or someone else) could form a shell company, lie to GreenDot about the purpose of the merchant account (selling golfballs or whatever) then use that company to funnel Bitcoin sales.  We have no interest in that and I am sure BitInstant doesn't either.  GreenDot merchant agreement also prohibits third party transactions so we won't be seeing a general purpose TrustCash or ZipZap type middle man for GreenDot MoneyPaks.

It is their loss but sadly it did waste a significant amount of our time.  It could have been extremely profitable for both us AND GreenDot.
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 09:08:10 PM

Well that's a shame, and pretty much a major fail. Did they indicate whether it was due to fraud or whether it was due to legal uncertainties? And no, I'm not recommending that anyone attempt to skirt the ToS if they don't even want intermediaries touching their system.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2012, 11:58:22 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2012, 11:28:47 PM by TangibleCryptography

SALE SALE SALE  

Our stockpile has grown again. Your direct buy price is 1% BELOW MtGox last.
This discount (as all of them in the past) is based on available supply.  Get them while they last.

Discount ended effective 07/20/2012 19:28 EST
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2012, 04:16:36 AM

The "cash deposit at local branch" way. How long is that process? Once I send you what I want, how long does it take for you to reply with the banking / deposit information? Then once I make the deposit, email you the proof that you require, how much longer is the wait there? Also, your company is only doing this now because you have a surplus in coin? How does that work? How can you actually have a surplus in money? Once your surplus is over, does that mean you will no longer support this service for people? Thanks!

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Cobra

Activity: 289

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 05:42:01 AM

The "cash deposit at local branch" way. How long is that process? Once I send you what I want, how long does it take for you to reply with the banking / deposit information? Then once I make the deposit, email you the proof that you require, how much longer is the wait there? Also, your company is only doing this now because you have a surplus in coin? How does that work? How can you actually have a surplus in money? Once your surplus is over, does that mean you will no longer support this service for people? Thanks!

Speaking from experience the whole process is complete in a couple of hours. It is a very easy and painless process. They have a "surplus" in BTC at the moment because it is part of their business model. Due to the recent high value of BTC many people are cashing out their BTC which is their "sister service" https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=90192.0 They need to maintain high balance in USD because that is where the demand has been with people requesting the other service. It takes a very long time to convert BTC back to USD going through an Exchange so selling BTC this way speeds the whole process up and really kills 2 birds with one stone, helps them by getting USD faster and helps customers so they do not need to deal with an Exchange which is desirable due to increased time/risk. This will still be available in the future but not at the 1% discount, it is just a motivator to help get rid of the coins this way.

1. Send an email to info@tangiblecryptography.com using PGP (encrypted email) and they will send you the required banking information
2. Follow the instructions in their reply email to deposit cash at local bank branch.
3. Take photo of deposit receipt and email it to them and provide wallet address to receive your coins
4. Wait for your coins, after sending the photo of the receipt I had my coins within a couple of hours. The MTGOX last price is used based on the timestamp of the deposit receipt (when discount available 1% less).

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2012, 03:16:36 PM

Cobra explained it pretty well.  If you have any further questions just let us know.

What we mean by "surplus" is that coins availability is not guaranteed.  If coins are available we will sell them to you.  We buy over 2,000 BTC per day as part of the FC4B service so we probably can handle any order but we just ask you send us a PM or email first.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: