Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:12:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: There are only 5 exchanges which 24h trading volume over 1,000  (Read 1828 times)
Pkuwag (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 06:55:36 AM

Bitfinex even more than the sum of the next three exchanges, it shows that most people love the futures compared bitcoins that they are eager to get rich quickly through futures, bitcoin gold dollars etc no matter what type of futures, as long as it's easy, they are willing to go there.

Bitstamp has a strict AML-KYC rule, but it still is nearly 10,000 volume, so people think it will be good place for a long period to buy and sell bitcoin.

BTC-e seems to be declining, its more business is focus on altcoins, I think it would be fewer and fewer people go BTC-e for its high deposit/withdrawal fees.

LakeBTC has a lower fee and more simple rules than Bitstmap, sometimes the volume exceeds BTC-e, trade on LakeBTC may like their service.

Kraken only 1,000 volume, it less than my imagined.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CUNÉGONDE

Activity: 88

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 10:05:49 AM

Bitfinex even more than the sum of the next three exchanges, it shows that most people love the futures compared bitcoins that they are eager to get rich quickly through futures, bitcoin gold dollars etc no matter what type of futures, as long as it's easy, they are willing to go there.

Bitstamp has a strict AML-KYC rule, but it still is nearly 10,000 volume, so people think it will be good place for a long period to buy and sell bitcoin.

BTC-e seems to be declining, its more business is focus on altcoins, I think it would be fewer and fewer people go BTC-e for its high deposit/withdrawal fees.

LakeBTC has a lower fee and more simple rules than Bitstmap, sometimes the volume exceeds BTC-e, trade on LakeBTC may like their service.

1. Bitfinex offers leveraged trading, but not futures.
2. You're looking at the wrong exchanges. There are multiple exchanges that each themselves have more volume than all of those put together.

1. Is swap not one of futures??
2. What mean?
Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 11:00:11 AM

2. You're looking at the wrong exchanges. There are multiple exchanges that each themselves have more volume than all of those put together.

2. What mean?
1. Forget it, that's correct technically.
2. Chinese-based exchanges.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 12:48:13 PM

There are more than 5 exchanges with over 1000XBT volume.

BitStamp
BitFinex
Okcoin
Btc-e
LakeBtc
BtcChina
Huobi
Kraken

And some others as well, but their volume is generated mostly by Altcoins, for that reason I didn't mention them.
Bogleg

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 05:21:25 PM

BitStamp
BitFinex
Okcoin
Btc-e
LakeBtc
BtcChina
Huobi
Kraken

And some others as well, but their volume is generated mostly by Altcoins, for that reason I didn't mention them.

Hard to compare the volume when some exchanges are charging 0 fee.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 09:16:03 PM

BitStamp
BitFinex
Okcoin
Btc-e
LakeBtc
BtcChina
Huobi
Kraken

I agree that the 0 fee is making it more easy to manipulate volume by buying your own sell orders.

Even if the Chinese exchanges didn't have 0 fee, then they still would have thousands of XBT as daily volume.
BTCjust

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 01:46:12 AM

BitStamp
BitFinex
Okcoin
Btc-e
LakeBtc
BtcChina
Huobi
Kraken

He mentioned the only 5 exchanges are not 0 fees
FattyMcButterpants

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 10:27:20 PM

BitStamp
BitFinex
Okcoin
Btc-e
LakeBtc
BtcChina
Huobi
Kraken

I agree that the 0 fee is making it more easy to manipulate volume by buying your own sell orders.

Even if the Chinese exchanges didn't have 0 fee, then they still would have thousands of XBT as daily volume.
I don't think this is true. The fact that an exchange has zero volume means that users have no disincentive to engage in HFT as the cost of each trade is zero.
Eeminia

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 04:55:52 AM

what is XBT volume? difference with BTC volume?
desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 08:47:12 AM

Leverages and futures is the quite point contributed to the outbreak of volume.

But just compare the net bitcoin trading, Bitstamp is most ( I have the reason to believe bitstamp's volume would turn five times if it's launched leverages or futures );

And next is BTC-e and LakeBTC, both their volume is very close ( now lakebtc 5000 volume btc-e 3500 colume, but the situation may be reversed tomorrow )

TinaK

Activity: 1106
Merit: 527

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 09:55:40 AM

there are only 2 exchanges more than 10,000 volume in 24h.

i think the volume is not any senses, many exchanges can create volume by themselves like huobi, okcoin, btcchina etc.
CUNÉGONDE

Activity: 88

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 07:31:18 AM

2. What mean?

ok, a reddit topic are disscussing that.

High volume? Despite the greater volume means that it may have a better liquidity, but I think it is not a requirement, the volume most likely are fake. CHBTC, a little-known exchange have 80,000 volume per day, my god, Bitstamp and Bitfinex just have 10,000 as well as LakeBTC and BTC-e only 3,000 poor volume. Even China has a huge population that mean China may be more bitcoin traders, you could not lie to me like so.
Bitcoins101

Merit: 508

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 07:54:26 AM
Last edit: December 02, 2014, 10:03:26 AM by Bitcoins101

2. What mean?

High volume? Despite the greater volume means that it may have a better liquidity, but I think it is not a requirement, the volume most likely are fake. CHBTC, a little-known exchange have 80,000 volume per day, my god, Bitstamp and Bitfinex just have 10,000 as well as LakeBTC and BTC-e only 3,000 poor volume. Even China has a huge population that mean China may be more bitcoin traders, you could not lie to me like so.

I can set 25 BTC at 1-5 CNY above the ticker price and it will get picked up within a minute or two nearly every time on OKCoin, with zero fees. You would not believe how much easier trading is on a liquid, zero taker-fee exchange - you don't have to worry about someone filling your order - you just put in the order, take a quick bathroom break, and then come back. 9 times out of 10, your order will be filled.

People don't seem to understand what volume even means. Volume does not define the size of an exchange - it defines its liquidity. Fake volume means it's either entirely BS or people are buying their own sell orders and vice versa. Trading back and forth all day does not constitute fake volume - it's just something that is only possible on a modern and liquid exchange.

I will never use any of the low volume exchanges you listed ever again. They are not made for trading - they're made for entering and exiting the Bitcoin market and that's it.

Bling007

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 08:37:04 AM

Cannot ignore BombayBitcoinBourse.com which offers 0.1% flat trading fee. If they keep up, they will cross that mark soon!
BTCjust

Activity: 241

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 08:49:36 AM

2. What mean?

I can set 25 BTC at 1-5 CNY above the ticker price and it will get picked up within a minute or two nearly every time on OKCoin, with zero fees. You would not believe how much easier trading is on a liquid, zero taker-fee exchange - you don't have to worry about someone filling your order - you just put in the order, take a quick bathroom break, and then come back. 9 times out of 10, your order will be filled.

People don't understand what volume even means. Volume does not define the size of an exchange - it defines its liquidity. Fake volume means it's either entirely BS or people are buying their own sell orders and vice versa. Trading back and forth all day does not constitute fake volume - it's just something that is only possible on a modern exchange.

I will never use any of the low volume exchanges you listed ever again. They are not made for trading - they're made for entering and exiting the Bitcoin market and that's it.

I think what you said is market depth sufficiently, which relating to the volume but little

you trade on one exchange if you just saw its high volume while you are not sure its true or false that's means you have to trust that its matching mechanism of dealmakers
BitCoinPokerBro

Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 03:32:16 PM

all of the main futures exchanges have >1000 btc/day volume. if you want to trade rather than buy bitcoin to spend futures with leverage is where it's at  Cool
ScryptAsic

Activity: 647
Merit: 501

GainerCoin.com 🔥 Masternode coin 🔥

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 03:55:12 AM

all of the main futures exchanges have >1000 btc/day volume. if you want to trade rather than buy bitcoin to spend futures with leverage is where it's at  Cool
The problem with futures exchanges is that they employ huge amounts of leverage which would can potentially lead to large divergences from other exchanges (caused by margin calls) which potentially means that any trade you enter into will not profit based on the direction of bitcoin but rather has a much higher factor of luck
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: