Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:45:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how to track incoming coins alert  (Read 1003 times)
mav (OP)

Activity: 169
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 06:47:26 AM

In my bitcoin-qt client I get a balloon notification whenever coins are received in my wallet.

Is there a way to tap into this functionality from bitcoind? I have a cron job set up to check my 'expected incoming addresses' for changes in the balance, but cron has a resolution of one minute which is pretty crap for this kind of thing, and I would prefer an event-style code-base where possible rather than a scheduled-task-style code-base.

Any tips on how I can tap into this to trigger some other event as soon as an incoming transfer is detected from bitcoind?
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blueadept

Activity: 225
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 08:56:28 AM

That functionality is probably going to end up in the 0.7 release.

Like my posts?  Connect with me on LinkedIn and endorse my "Bitcoin" skill.
Decentralized, instant off-chain payments.
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2012, 09:28:01 AM

Electrum has a 'watch_address' script that you can easily adapt to your needs

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
runlinux

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2012, 11:25:27 AM

I built a simple application that checked my wallet balance every 30 seconds. based on the change, an email was sent to my phones txt address telling me a deposit or withdraw was made. very useful!

Herbert

Activity: 488
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2012, 12:27:07 PM

In my bitcoin-qt client I get a balloon notification whenever coins are received in my wallet.

Is there a way to tap into this functionality from bitcoind? I have a cron job set up to check my 'expected incoming addresses' for changes in the balance, but cron has a resolution of one minute which is pretty crap for this kind of thing, and I would prefer an event-style code-base where possible rather than a scheduled-task-style code-base.

Any tips on how I can tap into this to trigger some other event as soon as an incoming transfer is detected from bitcoind?

You could setup an agent at bitcoinmonitor.net to monitor the 'expected incoming addresses'. You can get email, http callback or jabber notification immediately when you receive (or withdraw) any fund. Side effect is you don't have to have bitcoind running to get notifications.

www.bitcoinmonitor.net - Free payment notification via email, newsfeed, xpmm/jabber, url callback and full API access!
Send SMS with www.txt4coins.net! No registration, pay-per-use, full API access, bulk messages - All inclusive!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: